British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
george.m

Glasgow Tigers V Edinburgh Monarchs - League Cup 19th April 2015

Hey!

To the Victors go the spoils. No excuses Glasgow won nicely balanced team, Monarchs tail found out.

Let's move on fellow Embra fans we can still top the group and Friday becomes tasty.

Tiggerati have a much better team this year and they have beaten us handsomely at Ashfield for first time in a wee while in something that matters more than challenges,so good luck to them and enjoy the moment.

You are only as good as your last match, so we will need to reverse that in 5 days to resume our mantle again.

Hope young Clegg is not too sore,Kozza strips fit,and well done Sam....top of the PL averages I reckon

• Like 2

Get in there Glasgow nothing better than seeing the smugs get beat fair and square by the better team. Where have they gone can't read their comments! And they aren't worried bout Cook's form? The lad has gone as far in the sport as he can and Masters is the better rider this season. Well done Glasgow. As for the Monarchs the rest of the premier league are loving it!

And again you bang on about Cookie.

Since you are convinced Sam will be ahead of Cookie in the averages soon how about a tenner that Cookie finishes the season ahead of Sam in the proper averages i.e. including bonus points?

Proceeds to the Ben Fund.

All supporters? LOL

Admittedly not well written/punctuated Dekks but not "all supporters".

I find the criticism Cook gets quite baffling...and basically who cares if this is the peak of his speedway career because his peak is still higher than the majority of riders reach...I'm sure he can live with that !

I don't recall other second division stalwarts like Tom Owen, John Jackson and the like getting stick for sitting at the top of the second division averages and they didn't even want to ride top league speedway which Cook does....his record and his career is fine even if it goes no higher than this.

• Like 7

Anyway on a more balanced note - well done to the Tiggers.

Seems to have been a good well balanced team today.

Shame that the tapes didn't work properly but hey it happens in the best of places.

Hope Max isn't too badly injured and that Sedgy sorts out what was wrong.

But to brighten things up ...........

ICTFC Twitter......

Here here BM

Cook attracts criticism thru some of his Tweets and some of the time fairly.

I think many PL fans envy his points scoring and heat 13 and 15 records, cause he does his THING on most tracks. He is a Monarchs legend already,with more to come.

Gavan,next time he beats Danny Olympic .......he might get to keep him!!

Anyway on a more balanced note - well done to the Tiggers.

Seems to have been a good well balanced team today.

Shame that the tapes didn't work properly but hey it happens in the best of places.

Hope Max isn't too badly injured and that Sedgy sorts out what was wrong.

But to brighten things up ...........

ICTFC Twitter......

Official ICTFC@ICTFCllow

Apparently Meekings shouted "I'm in nets" when that ball came at him so it's not a penalty. Don't quote me on that though.

what on earth is the problem with the tapes at Glasgow surely it can't be that hard to fix them three weeks now is a bit beyond a joke Edited by Goodiepatchie

what on earth is the problem with the tapes at Glasgow surely it can't be that hard to fix the three weeks now is a bit beyond a joke

Unfortunately it seems they're not the sort of thing you can just buy off the shelf.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it seems they're not the sort of thing you can just buy off the shelf.

is it the same ones as last week and the week before what happened to last years set ?

what on earth is the problem with the tapes at Glasgow surely it can't be that hard to fix them three weeks now is a bit beyond a joke

Tapes urnae working properly - Boo Hoo !

is it the same ones as last week and the week before what happened to last years set ?

Last week we were told they were new ones and had been tested continually for 4 days. So not sure what's going on.

Pity folks from Edinburgh are too tight to do a "cup of sugar" or they could have brought theirs. :rolleyes:

Nothing like the banter from good old Scottish Speedway derby.

• Like 1

loving how all tiggers have came out of hiding on facebook not a peep last night after getting beat. Only sing when your winning comes to mind. :rofl:

like all the monarchs who delete their accounts on here when they have the rare bad year :).... Have a word with yourself blobsta :)
  • Like 3

Agreed hopefully it will be a belter with an Edinburgh last heat 5-1 to win it

Well you got your last heat 5-1 , shame it was just a consolation prize , roll on Friday

He's not the only one on this thread either, but by far the whingiest. Quite embarrassing really and a good example of why it's sometimes a good idea to leave it a few hours before posting, let the emotions calm down a little.

I did , went to the Horseshoe Bar . Celtic knocked out the Scottish Cup to Inverness , Tigers pump the Moanarchs , now who said anything about Carlsberg doing Sundays :drink:

Think they're in Warsaw

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

Was hoping for better racing.

Several good races, granted, but too many FTG considering we had great weather

Worrying number of riders clipping the airfence out of bend 2.