British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Glasgow Thursday 14th May 7.30 Pm

Not sure about this one. The good news for us is that it's not a day meeting!

The concern for me is the returning Manzares and how fit and ready he is.

We saw how badly Hawkins was off the pace the first couple of meetings back from injury especially that first meeting back at Peterborough, so I'd much rather Manzares was eased back in against easier opposition than Glasgow!

It's risky especially with Heeps also missing so fingers crossed he's fit and on the pace because we'll need him to be.

He's the key, if he's amongst the points then I think we'll win, if he's off the pace then it could well be back to back home losses which would be a disaster.

Can see Glasgow picking up a point at least in either scenario. They've got a good record at Foxhall in recent seasons.

I dont think there is an easy match as such in the PL but if were choosing one to follow a defeat then it woukdnt be this one!!

Glasgow look very solid and have riders with a decent Foxhall record so will be tough to beat.

With having to use r/r for Cam then we cant afford to risk Gino if there is any doubt as to his fitness.

Hopeful of Ritchie banging in a decent home score to cement his turn around seen on the road.

Witches to win by 5-8.

So do we put gino at 2 or go with rr at 2?

If Glasgow go with morris and smith at 1 and 2 I think that's a pretty potent pairing and could score plenty of heat advantages. That then leaves them weaker in middle order paring.

I'm not so Worried about gino as much as I am about nico having an off night.,then we would be in trouble. On paper we easily have the stronger reserves, and that should be enough to see us win. I can also see rr scoring more than cam probably would have. Summers has never been anything but average at foxhall. Add all that together and I think we win by 12- 16

This better be on after the Peterborough nonsense . This should be a cracker , really looking forward to it

I dont think there is an easy match as such in the PL but if were choosing one to follow a defeat then it woukdnt be this one!!

Glasgow look very solid and have riders with a decent Foxhall record so will be tough to beat.

With having to use r/r for Cam then we cant afford to risk Gino if there is any doubt as to his fitness.

Hopeful of Ritchie banging in a decent home score to cement his turn around seen on the road.

Witches to win by 5-8.

Disagree to be honest. I can immediately think of two where you could afford to have a couple of riders have an off day and still win comfortably at home..

Anyone know who the ref is please?

David Blunkett has been asked as he has better eyesight than Mick Bates.

As long as it isn't Tony Steele , he cost us the meeting last year

Disagree to be honest. I can immediately think of two where you could afford to have a couple of riders have an off day and still win comfortably at home..

that means 10-2 in favour of my thoughts. Im happy to take that as vindication!

that means 10-2 in favour of my thoughts. Im happy to take that as vindication!

So there is an easy match then :P

So there is an easy match then :P

hence the 'as such' at the end of the highlighted sentence!!

Ok calm down and untwist those knickers!

There either is easy matches or there isn't, no as such about it. Unfortunately there are meetings at home you'd call "easy" TBF, in an ideal world there wouldn't be any and all meetings home and away would be tight fought meetings.

It can't be good for the likes of Redcar and Plymouth who can't even win at home let alone be competitive on the road. Their support will only take so much I'd imagine.