British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies V Eastbourne Eagles - Koc - 20/05/2015

Glad we won this in the end, super performance from both Zach and Adam Ellis. Adam breaking the NL track record twice in one meeting, the latter in Heat 15 where he clocked sub 60 second time :o . He was in a league of his own bar that one race with Wilson Dean. Zach showing why hes one of the best reserves around with another top performance which included beating the Eagles number 1. I know he wont be at reserve for ever but I dont see him struggling in the main body, considering this his first year in the NL so far hes been fantastic.

I agree about Harvie Banks, I'm sure he tries but lets be honest he struggles to compete and only scores if the points are gifted. How long can that continue?. Think we need one more NL match to get new averages and that match will be away at Kent on the 1st June. We havent really had any away matches so maybe he will compete more in that meeting, on a different track. Kirby started the season quite well but has been off in the past few meetings and tonight was poor.

Theres no doubt we are short of what we would have liked but Eastbourne are a quality side. Looking at the new averages Georgie Wood is still at reserve on a near 6pt average and he showed today what a promising rider he is. BWD making a mockery of his 5.00 assesed average, will get a more realistic average in his next match ;). I'm sure GD will get our lads up for the return leg.

Edited by Brummie Kev

What a cracking meeting, only my 3rd NL this year, would put a lot of EL meetings i've been to this year to shame! Good crowd, well prepared track. Got Grham Druey to sign some old photos for me, what a lovely gentleman

• Like 2

Nowhere near enough for Brummies.

A 20 point lead probably wouldn't be enough, not at Eastbourne...but really, who cares? What matters is that everyone who went, in their own way, left the stadium as happy as Sommelier did, and that they come back again.

I don't quite understand though why the match report on Facebook featured the Kings Lynn logo in the accompanying graphic... :o

Still looking for a texter for this meeting...can anyone help please?

Thanks

Did you get someone in the end? Seems that unbeknown to many, the BBC were covering the meeting - one to remember for the future?

Edited by uk martin

Well done to brum on a fine win, dugard is a major problem for eastie away from home , too much pressure on him imo

Well done to brum on a fine win, dugard is a major problem for eastie away from home , too much pressure on him imo

why do you think dugard is a problem at all ? he's scoring well above his average of 3. he scored the same as mason and bates last night if anything it's those two who could step it up a bit now that Andrews is missing. 2 or 3 more points between them would have beaten mildenhall and left the brummies with no lead to speak of.

I just think his surname is adding undue pressure and tbh away from home so far he's been very moderate, I know easties manager quite well and he was alluding to the fact in the first sentence

I just think his surname is adding undue pressure and tbh away from home so far he's been very moderate, I know easties manager quite well and he was alluding to the fact in the first sentence

If that is true we need a new manager. Kelsey is 16 and just out of the Youth Championships. In all competitions he is averaging 5.58 made up of 4.22 away and a super 7.05 at home. All clubs would love to have a number 7 with those statistics. He has had his share of bike and tape problems and a lot of falls even a couple when comfortably leading but that is the price to pay for being a racer.

This League is about developing young British talent and Kelsey is right up there as one of the best 16 year olds, nothing moderate about him.

• Like 1

Kelsey is doing really well. He falls off because he is trying to win races and through inexperience.

He has learned a huge amount in the first couple of months of this season and is already far better than many reserves in the NL.

Keep your chin up Kelsey, you're doing better than I expected and I'm sure I speak for many.

If his name was Kelsey SMITH, people would be raving at what a find he was.

Keep racing!

• Like 2

you misunderstand me, sorry, im just saying that hes finding it hard following a family name, it must exert pressure that others dont have, expectation etc.

you misunderstand me, sorry, im just saying that hes finding it hard following a family name, it must exert pressure that others dont have, expectation etc.

Yes, I agree. That's why I say if he was Kelsey Smith he would hailed as a rising star of British speedway - which he is.

People just expect more because he is a Dugard. I wonder if Martin had similar pressures following Bob or if this is just a "modern thing".

If that is true we need a new manager. Kelsey is 16 and just out of the Youth Championships. In all competitions he is averaging 5.58 made up of 4.22 away and a super 7.05 at home. All clubs would love to have a number 7 with those statistics. He has had his share of bike and tape problems and a lot of falls even a couple when comfortably leading but that is the price to pay for being a racer.

This League is about developing young British talent and Kelsey is right up there as one of the best 16 year olds, nothing moderate about him.

all clubs would love to have a no7 with parents and grandparents who are loaded own the track and sponsor the team .. talent has no part in his inclusion. money does !!

Yes, I agree. That's why I say if he was Kelsey Smith he would hailed as a rising star of British speedway - which he is.

People just expect more because he is a Dugard. I wonder if Martin had similar pressures following Bob or if this is just a "modern thing".

if he was Kelsey Smith , he wouldn't have a team place

all clubs would love to have a no7 with parents and grandparents who are loaded own the track and sponsor the team .. talent has no part in his inclusion. money does !!

if he was Kelsey Smith , he wouldn't have a team place

You think Martin Dugard is "soft" on his son? Kelsey is in on merit and nothing else.

• Like 1

I have been about a bit this year and i have seen Kelsey fall off when leading and when his is at the back it apperas he wont race? But looking on the other side of the coin he is only 16 and this is about his 10th meeting racing in as a team, i have heard Martin moan and pull kelsey down mainly because he has the equipment in front of him but seems to not concentrate then bingo he is on the floor,

Martin carries no prisoners and if kelsey is not pulling his weight or becomes lazy i can see that he will be replaced, at the moment he is runing at his average or better so nobody can moan, a smile on kelseys face would be nice as he looks as if he has the whole weight of the world on his shoulders. Kelsey Smith. Dugard, or Hancock only kelsey can turn it around.

Bike problems do happen to everyone but to fall off as many times as Kelsey has points to the fact that maybe he does not have what it takes to be as good as his father? but time will tell and i am 100% if there was another rider out there that was as good as Kelsey they would swap him, at the moment he is doing ok just needs looking after.

Edited by catinthehat