British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Why is Freddie Lindgren so much faster than Chris Harris on the same engine, I'm sure the engine is still in its testing stage, so why not give Chris a similar engine to see if it improves his performance.

Why is Freddie Lindgren so much faster than Chris Harris on the same engine, I'm sure the engine is still in its testing stage, so why not give Chris a similar engine to see if it improves his performance.

Harris hasn't been using GTR's

Harris hasn't been using GTR's

He has what appears to be one of his last years GTRs in his Grasstrack bike.

MARCEL Gerhard said in Tortun that Lindgren has five engines and none have had a major service this year.

Was also a junior (NL) rider in the TravelPlus fans forum on Saturday who said he has a GTR and hasn't had a service all season.

Jordan Jenkins?

• Like 1

MARCEL Gerhard said in Tortun that Lindgren has five engines and none have had a major service this year..

i think the key words there is "major service" so it has had rings , bearings etc ,it may be a slight step up from GMs reliability but it is not the answer to speedway's ever declining fan base and it's ever deepening money debt and until someone somewhere opens their eyes to where we are heading there is no hope

I know a couple of riders (some mentioned here) who have had previously or are riding GTR's and they had/have had zero servicing all season.

Jordan Jenkins?

THAT'S the one ... thanks. It's these bread and butter riders who GTR should be trying to attract. Might be a little more expensive to start with but apparently have proven their reliability over a season now while also, as Lindgren shows, being competitive.

Layne Cupitt also switched to GTR

• Like 1

MARCEL Gerhard said in Tortun that Lindgren has five engines and none have had a major service this year.

Was also a junior (NL) rider in the TravelPlus fans forum on Saturday who said he has a GTR and hasn't had a service all season.

Layne Cupitt?

THAT'S the one ... thanks. It's these bread and butter riders who GTR should be trying to attract. Might be a little more expensive to start with but apparently have proven their reliability over a season now while also, as Lindgren shows, being competitive.

It's a different kettle of fish entirely, but Jenkins has also been doing very well in the NL with Mildenhall too.

I spoke to his old man @ King's Lynn regarding the engine a month or 2 back, and he was very complimentary about the engine.

I think there'll be more riders switching as times goes on but £5kish is a lot of money for the 'bread and butter' riders to find, and I expect many riders wanted to see how it went with the GTRs first.

Joonas Kylmäkorpi saying on Twitter that he'll be testing a new GM soon that is supposed to last as long as GTR. Or longer. What ever, but aimed to decrease the service bill during a year.

That's it then, all Speedways problems are solved, no brainer every Rider will be buying one for next year, as you only need one engine now, OK the engine is around £1500 dearer to buy, praise the Lord, now the Riders costs have drastically reduced, the Promoters can pay them a lot less, brilliant answer to Speedways problems.

That's it then, all Speedways problems are solved, no brainer every Rider will be buying one for next year, as you only need one engine now, OK the engine is around £1500 dearer to buy, praise the Lord, now the Riders costs have drastically reduced, the Promoters can pay them a lot less, brilliant answer to Speedways problems.

as sarcastic as this post is it pretty much sums it up but I've been banging my head against a brick wall for so long over this , I posted a easy solution to costs proberly 2 years ago on here but hey ho because of my love of the sport I won't say I told you so when painfully we are forced to change Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Not quite 'all' problems but it could still be a step in the right direction, when you consider what some spend on servicing.