British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

lets hope it's a good deal for riders and not a good deal for tuners

Hope so. It must mean some meeting with loan engines or bulk ordering to reduce the price. I can't see them being anywhere near to having the production capacity for anything else yet.

Tell us now if the engines we currently have are now scrap value only.

• Like 2

Tell us now if the engines we currently have are now scrap value only.

Nah it's not gonna be a 'laydown' engine type change over, more the BSPA have secured a deal for the first 100 engines at £4000 a piece, ask your promoter for more details if interested I guess ....

I think you will find there is more to come in the future than that. Quite possible your promoter and the chairman not letting all out the bag yet.

Aren't they sealed engines so should not need any tuning/servicing?!

I think the principle of this is the right idea and good to see the Bspa actually trying something , still think approaching jawa would of been more benificial but let's see how this pans out

So, you can now test one at Kings Lynn or Scunthorpe and buy one for less than £4,000 if you like them.

£4000 for an engine you can use out of the box and doesn't need any tuning. Can only be good surely? Should be pretty easy to sell on if it doesn't work for a rider too.

£4000 for an engine you can use out of the box and doesn't need any tuning. Can only be good surely? Should be pretty easy to sell on if it doesn't work for a rider too.

If it takes off this could have a dramatic effect on costs which is a major plus both for riders and the sport in general.

• Like 2

Supposedly each club has 2 engines to sell.

I hope that once teams are built these are offered to riders with the least budget first, i.e. from 7 to 1 rather than a first come first serve.

Otherwise, if I was a Doyle or Holder I'd buy one at a bargain £4000, pass it to PJR and see what he can do with it.