British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Panthers V Berwick 29/5/2015 Premier League 7.30pm

Its not an exaggeration..and what a night that was..sends a shiver down my spine when I watch that heat 15 where Hans n Ryan fended off Hancock..how times have changed!

• Like 2

Isn't that a case of British speed in general though?

Crowds twindling, big name riders not here anymore?

Don't get me wrong I'll never forget that night but it's not just Peterborough sadly!

Your telling me mpt wasn't equal to that action alone Friday night? Crowds have been up on the last couple of seasons imo so onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

Found ourselves at Peterborough last night after our planned trip to Coventry to see the Fen Tigers was rained off.

I think in all honesty we may have been lucky as this was a fantastic meeting especially for the neutral. If Fisher had performed and Hall not withdrawn iit could have been very close indeed

The racing was excellent all evening, Palm Toft's races especially eagerly awaited. Someone commented that Lambert no giving Hall room was the cause of his fall, really dont see that! From where we were on the 1st bend it was just hard racing, Hall had plenty of room to get round Lambert, just a shame he crashed as it was an cracking race

Ollie Greenwood could do with finding a NL club in my opinion to give him more racing and restore his confidence. He is a better rider than he looked last night. If Peterborough are considering a change James Shanes could be a good call, the Peterborough track looking just right for his all action style.

Looking forward to visiting the EOES again very soon!

Bikes are lighter/faster than they were years ago. The faster a bike is travelling, the more likely that you're going to hurt yourself if you fall off. That's my thinking.

I was thinking more about the delays and their length rather than their reason.

And you would be correct em... :t:

Gotta be right about something at some point LOL!

I was thinking more about the delays and their length rather than their reason.

Oh! Sorry! Obviously one of my many confused moments LOL! Well...the delays surrounding giving medical attention to someone I can understand. Riders need looking after if they're seriously hurt and that can take time depending on the injury. It's the delays for the sun and what have you that annoy me the most, but again, if you've already had a sun delay, don't go and have another interval later on, like Lynn seem to like doing as I say. That's when it starts to seem to take the biscuit!

Someone commented that Lambert no giving Hall room was the cause of his fall, really dont see that! From where we were on the 1st bend it was just hard racing, Hall had plenty of room to get round Lambert, just a shame he crashed as it was an cracking race

If Peterborough are considering a change James Shanes could be a good call, the Peterborough track looking just right for his all action style.

Agree on both counts. I saw James Shanes at the Fenland Grasstrack last August with Zach (can't spell his surname!) who's now at Birmingham. Both were very good. Shanes did well at Mildenhall in the U21s back in April too. I would certainly welcome him in at reserve. Would certainly be entertaining! Edited by em1500uk

.em1500uk....... It's the delays for the sun and what have you that annoy me the most, but again, if you've already had a sun delay, don't go and have another interval later on, like Lynn seem to like doing as I say. That's when it starts to seem to take the biscuit!

Don't say Peterborough are going to start having sun delays as well? :shock: Just when I thought I was turning into a Panthers fan, although admittedly only on Sunday's as I am at Coventry on Friday's. I'm not going to like all this hanging around and more tractor action than speedway races. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini

Don't know why such a big deal is being made about it..its happened in the past at this time of year on an evening meeting and they can just have it as the interval.

• Like 1

Don't say Peterborough are going to start having sun delays as well? :shock: Just when I thought I was turning into a Panthers fan, although admittedly only on Sunday's as I am at Coventry on Friday's. I'm not going to like all this hanging around and more tractor action than speedway races. :neutral:

Don't worry! It will just count as an early interval if it happens again I imagine, like on Friday night.

Don't know why such a big deal is being made about it..its happened in the past at this time of year on an evening meeting and they can just have it as the interval.

I'm not making a big deal out of it. It's just the first time that I've personally known it to happen there that's all. And credit to Peterborough that they then consider that the interval instead of having another one later! Edited by em1500uk
  • Like 1

Just sppoken to Ryan Fisher, he is devastated by yet more engine problems last night. His engines wernt back to his tuner of choice after last weeks problems at Posh, ithey were caused by a bolt falling out of the rockers, last night what happened after the tuners efforts during the past week, a bolt or stud felll out of the rockers within seconds of firing up and was found ithis morning in the chain locker not broken, had just screwed itself out and fallen, nut still on it. How do you fight things like that? Just spoken to a friend he suggests a firm kick in the slats

re. "at Posh":

Their season finished a couple of weeks ago!

FYI, "Posh" is just the nickname of PUFC, and not a generic nickname for anything & everything Peterborian.

5,000 Reading Fans !!!

yeah, right..... that's why the place erupted when Hans & Flyin' Ryan flew past the finish line. Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 3

Don't worry! It will just count as an early interval if it happens again I imagine, like on Friday night.

Sensible. Shame Kings Lynn don't do that, in fact no interval at all after a delayed start like it was when we were there for the Coventry match. Put us off going again. :neutral:

Isn't that a case of British speed in general though?

Crowds twindling, big name riders not here anymore?

Don't get me wrong I'll never forget that night but it's not just Peterborough sadly!

Your telling me mpt wasn't equal to that action alone Friday night? Crowds have been up on the last couple of seasons imo so onwards and upwards!

Yep, I think the crowds at the EoES have been pretty good so far this season - certainly way above the numbers they were talking about needing at the pre-season fans meeting.

Some people seem to have an obsession about having a snide little pop at Panthers' attendances.

Yep, I think the crowds at the EoES have been pretty good so far this season - certainly way above the numbers they were talking about needing at the pre-season fans meeting.

Some people seem to have an obsession about having a snide little pop at Panthers' attendances.

think for the quality or the racing at the Showground they would get a lot more if the sport was not in such a state,but it is good to here that crowds are reasonable.Great track.

I think so too and a lot of old fans returning.....Its can always look a little sparse as its such a huge venue with the Grandstand holding over 2,000 but certainly more people attending than last season........well done to the new promotion!

• Like 2

Well done indeed to the promotion. if any fans are staying away because they prefer the E.L. you don't know what you are missing as the racing is just as good, if not better. The Peterborough track always provides great racing. Love it.

• Like 2