British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

When does the fixture list become available for the world championship?

Does anyone know the dates for the meeting in Berlin?

Provisional dates for the FIM meetings:

Qualifications

16.01-17.01 Semi final 1 - tba (FI)
23.01-24.01 Semi final 2 - tba (SE)
30.01-31.01 Challenge - tba (SE)

GP's

06.02-07.02 Final 1 - Krasnogorsk (RU)
20.02-21.02 Final 2 - Almaty (KZ)
05.03-06.03 Final 3 - Berlin (DE)
12.03-13.03 Final 4 - Assen (NL)
19.03-20.03 Final 5 - Inzell (DE)

Teams

13.02-14.02 Togliatti (RU)

European championship

20.02-21.02 Ufa (RU)

The Assen and Inzell dates are confirmed already. I'm 99% sure that the Berlin meeting is on the weekend before Assen.

Also nice to mention is that Innsbruck is back, and they are going to run a Masters of Spikes event on 19/20 December. I heard that the MOS is going to be a little championship, so more rounds will be added. Maybe Steingaden, Sankt Johann etc.

Assen will be the last time by the way (in the current stadium)... :(

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 1

Great to hear about the return of MoS. Ice speedway needs more events in Europe.

My sister lives in Innsbruck so I have asked her to get me the programmes and any other memorabilia. She got me programme when the last World Championship Final event was held in Innsbruck,

Wish I could go myself but no chance.

Thanks DutchGrasstrack your feedback is very much appreciated.

Best make sure we pay homage to Assen and give it a good send off.

To some it may seem early to ask the question but we don't all have the luxury of taking holiday when we would like to and need to plan well ahead so Ghostwalker your comment is neither helpful or has any point to what was simple inquiry therefore, why you bothered replying is hard to fathom.

Ylitornio Finland according to the grapevine.

And to think I was taken to task a couple of years ago for starting an Ice Speedway Thread in the middle of summer! :rofl:

It looks like Race Director Jouni Seppanen has got his wish using tracks where there is a more than reasonable chance of having a qualifying meeting.

As for the MOS returning, a second tier championship is a welcome addition to the fixture list.

For the Inzell meeting, looks like I'll be missing the first day as I'll be at the NSS opening, but I reckon with split second timing I can get to the Stadium for the second day! I'd still like to go the Krasnagorsk again, although I might need to do a bit more saving for that.

Interested in taking a group tO ALMATY......have found a way of getting there without breaking everyone's bank...anyone got any idea of firmed up adtes...or if/when these will be available...ta

Where can I find any confirmation of the Berlin dates and where can I get tickets?

The Berlin website is http://eisspeedwayunion-berlin.eu but you may need to translate it. You can buy tickets on the day but AVOID at all costs the 3rd/4th Turn tickets. You are so far away from the track on the hill. Catch me at Buxton most meetings if you want any other info

Interested in taking a group tO ALMATY......have found a way of getting there without breaking everyone's bank...anyone got any idea of firmed up adtes...or if/when these will be available...ta

Jouni Seppänen runs the whole show now. He knows first.

I seem to remember Assen being announced for 5-6 March 2016, during this years event? Has it been put back a week to the 12-13?

If any member plans to attend any of the World Final rounds, I am happy to reimburse the cost of programmes and postage.

It looks like the Master of Spikes at Innsbruck Olympiaworld is off. The website has been taken down, and there is something on the German Forum that the event is cancelled. Someone from the German Forum contacted the stadium to buy tickets as the ticket link on the MOS website wasnt working. They were told by Innsbruck Olympiaworld that it was off.

Both Berlin and Assen have confirmed their dates, and the Russian fixtures should be out in the next few weeks once the FIM fixtures are confirmed, so the Ice Season is almost upon us! :t: