British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

What an amazing atmosphere!

Huge credit to both Coventry and Poole who gave it their all and produced an excellent night of entertainment. It felt more like a final.

Great to see a good reception from Bees fans for Poole riders on parade as well.

Good ref decisions tonight. Gutted that Garrity got injured but what a lad. Pure dedication to the bees. Could watch him all night long.

Great performance from Hans tonight. Magic also impressive.

Edited by mdmc82

Job done Poole - although let it slip in the last 2 heats. They won't be troubled at Wimborne Road.

LIndgren guesting again on Monday?

I certainly hope not ! Sad to say that Freddie has really gone downhill this year

• Like 1

I certainly hope not ! Sad to say that Freddie has really gone downhill this year

I know options are limited but I would prefer Richard Lawson.

The only guest I would risk would be walasek (if fit ) otherwise go with r/r !

Heard several people saying exactly the same tonight.

Sorry to say it, but that's Poole into the final :sad:

Coventry have won at Poole this season but it's going to be tough. Hoping Garrity will be able to ride.

Watt, Gomolski and Newman all had perfect night. Will not improve scores at home. North is scoring zeroes everywhere, not expecting much improvement either. Holder and Starke potentially much better at home and Janowski able to add couple more pts.

On the other hand can't imagine Harris, Howarth and Lindgren scoring less. Garrity (if fit) and Sarjeant both able to score pretty much the same. Hans less than 13 for sure.

Poole one leg in the final but they have to finish the job and it will not be very easy.

After all the crap that goes on between these 2 teams, how refreshing to see a decent meeting between Coventry & Poole settled as it should be - on the track and no rule bending or dodgy refereeing in sight!

Both teams gave it everything, well done to them both. You would have to think Poole will be the happier of the 2 clubs with that result but we have riders who go well at Wimborne Road and anything can happen in speedway, it's not over yet!

I didn't think Lindgren would be a bad choice of guest but he was woeful, had we gone with RR we probably would have won it but hindsight is a wonderful thing. He used to be great round Brandon but has been rubbish every time I've seen him in the last couple of years, I don't know what's happened to him.

Nice to see Sarj looking fast again after his recent dip in form, I think those injuries knocked him back a bit.

Good meeting that. We rescued a draw in spite of Howarths pathetic performance. All over as a contest though sadly.

I should mention that it looks like the second leg will be moved to Wednesday due to the forecast. Havvy mentioned it on the mic at the end of the meeting.

Poole Pirates = 41

1. Chris Holder - 0, 2^, 3, 1, 3 = 9

2. Josh Grajczonek - 1, 1, 3, 1 = 6

3. Dakota North - F, 0, 3, FX, 0 = 3

4. Kacper Gomolski - 2', 2, 3, 1 = 8+1

5. Richard Lawson (G) - 1, 3, FX, 0 = 4

6. Paul Starke - 2, 0, 1 = 3

7. Kyle Newman - 1', 3, 0, 1, 3 = 8+1

Coventry Bees = 50

1. Hans Andersen - 2', 3, 2, 2', 2 = 11+2

2. Kevin Doolan (G) - 3, 3, 1', 1' = 8+2

3. Danny King - 2', 2, 0, 3 = 7+1

4. Joonas Kylmakorpi - F, R, 2, 2' = 4+1

5. Chris Harris - 3, 1, 2, 3, 1' = 10+1

6. Jason Garrity - FX, 2', 2, X = 4+1

7. James Sarjeant - 3, 1, 0, 2 = Poole Pirates = 41

Interesting ?? Not really be so much different this time !!

Thrashed them at Poole since then! No Magic then and no Doolan for them unless he's the guest for JK?! Edited by lisa-colette

That was a decent meeting,track look decent too. Holder has lost a it of spark when I have seen him ride this season.Interesting 2nd leg IMO .Poole will be favourites though.

• Like 1