British Speedway Forum
Silver Cheetah Snr

Warning To Anybody Attending A Double Header.

I have taken on board everything that's been said in this thread.

Should we stage double-headers in the future I will make sure that a revised policy is in place to cater for the different circumstances.

• Like 3

I agree.The OP has a justifiable cause for complaint in my opinion The club should make their terms and conditions clear & understandable at the stadium entrance, with a particular reference to double headers which are obviously not the same as a normal 15 heat meeting. I understand that questions were asked by Silver Bee & his family but no-one at the turnstiles had the answers,once they had paid to gain entrance it was all a little too late.

To be honest Horton & Co have been getting away with dodgy double header meetings for some considerable time now, what with the imposition of the non existent curfew, damage to fences & riders, as well as the genuine rain offs.

The bottom line is that if they offer the fans two meetings back to back, then that is what they should get not one and a bit.

If the promoters had any decency they would make clear their policy for double header meetings so that everyone understands what their entitlement is in the event of any early curtailment.

What curfew at Brandon ? Is it a new one and only for speedway ?

I have taken on board everything that's been said in this thread.

Should we stage double-headers in the future I will make sure that a revised policy is in place to cater for the different circumstances.

Well its taken a long time, but at last we are getting somewhere now .

I think everyone will be pleased with that.

:t:

What curfew at Brandon ? Is it a new one and only for speedway ?

Yes, just for Speedway. Everyone has to be out by the end of the Andy Williams song otherwise they get locked in until the next match.

• Like 2

Yes, just for Speedway. Everyone has to be out by the end of the Andy Williams song otherwise they get locked in until the next match.

An 8pm start for the sky match will be interesting as the first race might not start until at least 8.20pm as the sky puppets will be so excitable about this match and won't stop for air lol

An 8pm start for the sky match will be interesting as the first race might not start until at least 8.20pm as the sky puppets will be so excitable about this match and won't stop for air lol

Turn it in, you don't half talk some waffle.

• Like 1

s the sky puppets will be so excitable about this match and won't stop for air lol

The term is 'employees'. I assume you're not familiar with the concept. Just to help you normally such people have to do what their bosses ask them to do, as long as it obeys the law of the land, not the addled views of a persistent whinger.

• Like 1