British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

TBF to Louis he did publically state a few weeks ago that he was bitterly disappointed with the start of the season and it wouldn't be allowed to continue indefinitely.

Actions speak louder than words of course, but having read the attendance was very very poor on Thursday I don't think Louis can afford to sit on his hands and not be proactive if the team don't improve quickly.

I had a fleeting thought last night that multumessy thingy's comment about the new sponsorship being sufficient for CL not to be financially bothered this season - not running on Good Friday and the like,and possibly Guy Nicholls taking on the club next season, may have been closer to the mark than I had thought.

I see Gino has tweeted this morning that he scored an 18 point max in his first meeting of the season.

Not sure what meeting it was or how strong/competitive, but a great first meeting nonetheless.

With Tungate hitting his second consecutive max at Somerset and Heeps also starting the season well at Rye, then it kind of rubs salt in to the wounds with our poor start!

Well done Gino, particularly after his hospital stay recently. Good lad. Keep that up and a visa should be no problem for next season.

Agreed, it is galling seeing riders that have been let go doing as well as they are, but I guess that is why they were released, to ride at more favourable tracks and to gain confidence. Romance has tweeted that he is pleased to be at a home track he enjoys racing on this season. (Must say, well done to Rohan for being very professional with his recent tweets.) I noticed also, that the Ipswich Team Manager has said (joked) that he wanted to put Rohan in Heat 15 on Friday - presumably for Ipswich...

Sorry macca - I may have to give 12th May a miss unless the other commitment changes.

No worries Scotsman. There's always another speedway meeting on a Thursday - or Saturday - or Thursday fortnight - well, sometime, hopefully. There's a clapper with your name on it - well, not your name, as I don't know what it is, it is just labelled: 'The Inveresk Moanarch'. Hope that will do?

P.S. - no reply from Ed Sheeran yet. Probably too busy duetting with Taylor Swift or something...

I thought as soon as guy decided to sponsor ipswich it was with a view of taking over next season. I'm sure he wanted to buy the club before, but after looking into the books decided against it.

Just been watching a few James shanes races, is he really good? Looks a terrible gater and very much a grass trackers style.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

I believe that when the car racers are at Foxhall then Spedeworth brings along a new sound system and speakers to go along the back straight... I'll ask to see what happened last night.

now is your chance ippo , get rid of some dead wood and bring in the cookstar .. the balls in your thursday nights court .

• Like 1

Ok, with the 2016 only averages having been put up by someone let's take a look at what we've got.

Generally speaking most have underperformed so far.

However, my individual assessments are as follows and I'd be interested to see how others see the situation.

Danny

Will generally be a very effective No1 winning the vast majority of his races, especially at home. No issues with him.

Sarj

Has shown flashes of what he's capable of and just needs to up his consistency a bit to be decent No2. Let's give him time.

Lewis

Proved last season he can be very good round Foxhall and just needs to get 100% confidence back after his major injury. Does need to start meetings better though.

Morten

Well Morten is Morten and has had purple patches every year he's been with the Witches. A good middle order man.

Nico

All action rider, couple of dodgy ones recently but wouldn't even consider replacing him whatsoever.

Now the area where we have issues at the moment, I'm certainly not going to single out either reserve but we need a pairing that's going to score consistently especially at home, not just once in a while.

If we don't get that we have no chance of achieving anything this season. Assuming that the season is not already lost.

If it means making changes the so be it but let's be honest, it won't make a sods worth of difference what any of us say on here CL will do whatever he feels like!

The season isn't already lost but I bet it will be when and if changes are made. I think we may just get away with things this season cos there are some other really weak teams as well.

What's more worrying to me is that we dropped down with hope that we would be putting together some good teams and we did but slowly they are getting worse. Ipswich was a massive club with big history and now we merely also rans in a lower division.

Maybe I've been going to long.but the racing isn't exactly great anymore either if you take covatti out.

Having started watching Polish speedway over the last couple of weeks, it's so much better, and the way the crowds are over there make our crowd seem like a visit to the morgue.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 3

Either U-Tube or find links via the International threads on here!

I thought as soon as guy decided to sponsor ipswich it was with a view of taking over next season. I'm sure he wanted to buy the club before, but after looking into the books decided against it.

Just been watching a few James shanes races, is he really good? Looks a terrible gater and very much a grass trackers style.

Maybe Guy has spoken to Marcus Evans since then and has seen how you can use a sports club to offset tax in his other businesses?

Shanes? Just my opinion of course which a few others share and I would say that he was the most exciting rider I watched last year. Guess you have included this race in your assessment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAjAS3ivT_s

Think his talent on a bike hasn't been fully tapped into yet and the kid certainly has a lot of bottle.

The season isn't already lost but I bet it will be when and if changes are made. I think we may just get away with things this season cos there are some other really weak teams as well.

What's more worrying to me is that we dropped down with hope that we would be putting together some good teams and we did but slowly they are getting worse. Ipswich was a massive club with big history and now we merely also rans in a lower division.

Maybe I've been going to long.but the racing isn't exactly great anymore either if you take covatti out.

Having started watching Polish speedway over the last couple of weeks, it's so much better, and the way the crowds are over there make our crowd seem like a visit to the morgue.

That was a post from the heart. The decline of the speedway team's stature, mirrors that of the football club. I used to be proud to say that I was a supporter of both. When you lose that pride in your team, you often walk away...

• Like 1

Gotta give these number 7's a good chance. Ritchings is averaging 2.80, putting him 8th in the no 7 rankings, but it's too early to judge with so few meetings having been completed.

Maybe Guy has spoken to Marcus Evans since then and has seen how you can use a sports club to offset tax in his other businesses?

Shanes? Just my opinion of course which a few others share and I would say that he was the most exciting rider I watched last year. Guess you have included this race in your assessment?

Think his talent on a bike hasn't been fully tapped into yet and the kid certainly has a lot of bottle.

That was a post from the heart. The decline of the speedway team's stature, mirrors that of the football club. I used to be proud to say that I was a supporter of both. When you lose that pride in your team, you often walk away...

Yeah I've nearly had enough, but I remember how it used to be and how much I loved it, and keep hoping it will be like that again. I honestly can't remember the last time I left foxhall thinking wow what a great meeting. It's like foxhall has had the life sucked out of it. It's just totally dead and flat.

• Like 1

First time poster on here, been following the witches for 30+years but this is the first time in many a year that I'm not fussed if i attend foxhall regularly or not, aint felt this uninterested since the Chris Shears days!

Think we all just about had enough but like lemmings keep going back as that's what we do on a Thursday! However with only 2 meetings this month others will be lost as will have found something else to do that day. Years ago nobody would ask me to do anything on a Thursday as they knew I would not be free. Now though plans can be made as chances are there no meeting!

Oh for the "good old days"

• Like 1

Gotta give these number 7's a good chance. Ritchings is averaging 2.80, putting him 8th in the no 7 rankings, but it's too early to judge with so few meetings having been completed.

are these figures published anywhere?

are these figures published anywhere?

I worked em out during the Yankees game early this morning.