British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Fair play to Starke he is probably the success story of the EL draft system. When he raced for Berwick a few years ago he looked ok but he was very raw, he now looks like a rider who is more than capable of holding his own in the PL and has a future in the sport.

• Like 1

3.4 PROTESTS AND APPEALS

3.4.3 PROCEDURE AND TIME LIMIT FOR PROTESTS

a, A protest must be in writing, relate to a single issue only, be accompanied by the correct fee and signed by the person directly affected

c, A protest (which may initially be verbal and with a promise to pay the fee) concerning a specific Heat must be made before the start of the next Heat

3.4.4 PROTEST FEE

The protest fee is £50......

3.4.5 HEARING A PROTEST

The Referee must make a decision on a Protest presented during a Meeting, judged according to the provisions of the SCB Regulations, it's Appendices and any SR's

3.4.6 EFFECT OF THE DECISION OF THE REFEREE

The decision of the Referee on the determination of the outcome and/or penalties is immediate.

Taken from the 2015 Speedway Regulations

Edited by Tsunami

Taken from the 2012 Speedway Regulations

It's 2015 ;)

But using them rules, it seems it's ok. 3.4.3 c) Mark Lemon has already said he spoke to the referee

Now using the 2015 rulebook.

3.4.3 PROCEDURE AND TIME LIMIT FOR PROTESTS
a. A Protest must be in writing, relate to a single issue only, be accompanied by
the correct fee and signed by the person directly affected.
b. A Protest against the legality of a Team Line-Up within the following timescale:
i) For Team Line-Ups notified / changed at any time up to 28 hours before the
Meeting Start Time, a Protest must be lodged at least 24 hours prior to the
Meeting Start Time.
ii) For Team Line-Ups notified less than 28 hours before the Meeting Start Time,
a Protest must be lodged within 4 hours of the notification being made, and in
all cases, no later than 1 hour prior to the Meeting Start Time.
c. A Protest (which may initially be verbal with a promise to pay the fee)
concerning a specific Heat must be made before the start of the next Heat.
d. A Protest concerning the Final Heat must be made within 5 minutes of the finish
of that Heat.

3.4.7 RIGHT OF APPEAL

The provisions concerning Appeals against SCB decisions including disciplinary
decisions incurring one of the penalties stated in SR 3.2 are as follows: -
a) Against a decision of the Referee, following a Protest, to the SCB Prime Officer
B) Against a decision of the SCB Prime Officer to either the SCB Court or ACU
(COE) – as advised.
c) Against the decision of the SCB Court or ACU (COE) to the ACU (FTA)
3.4.8 PROCEDURE AND TIME LIMITS FOR THE LODGING OF APPEALS
3.4.8.1 Appeals must be submitted in writing and signed only by the person directly
concerned.
3.4.8.2 Appeals against a decision of the Referee must be presented in writing to the SCB
Prime Officer within 24 hours of the closure of the Meeting, refer to a single subject
only and be accompanied by the correct appeal fee.
3.4.8.3 The time limit for lodging a Statement of Appeal against the decision:
Of the Referee to the SCB Prime Officer 24 hours
Of the SCB Prime Officer to the SCB Court or ACU (COE) 5 days
Of the SCB Court or ACU (COE) to the ACU (FTA) 5 days
Of the BSPA to the SCB 5 days
Of the SCB or BSPA GC to the Panel of Adjudicators (POA) 5 days
Of the ACU to the National Sport Dispute Resolution Panel 5 days

There is zero chance of The Aces getting anywhere with this no matter how wrong it is.

For any newbies we where once kicked out of a cup final as points we gained for RR were deducted because we didn't have the missing riders name .................. printed in the programme!

No I'm not kidding.

It's bollox about cook and these additives etc. He is scrutinised at every track he goes to but yet nothing illegal is found. His father and his team work vigorously behind the scenes to make sure Craig is given the best LEGAL equipment he could possibly get. And these silly rumours is an insult to them and Craig himself.

It's no coincidence that since Ashley Holloway and Craig have found the right set up for cook that he as improved massively.

Craig as always had it in him to be a top rider and he's now on the verge.

• Like 4

Cook is just moved on a level when he was in the pack last night he wasn't so clear. Out front with fresh air he was gone but that's down to choosing his own lines, would love to see him at Poole but will never happen.

Would love to see cook at poole too and it could happen sooner rather than later

It's 2015 ;)

But using them rules, it seems it's ok. 3.4.3 c) Mark Lemon has already said he spoke to the referee

Now using the 2015 rulebook.

Mark Lemon was stood with us all in the bar last night, there was no animosity whatsoever. Soo thats just P'd on your fire .. ;) Have a good Winter...

Mark Lemon was stood with us all in the bar last night, there was no animosity whatsoever. Soo thats just P'd on your fire .. ;) Have a good Winter...

I'm sure there wasn't. You seem to be missing that this is not an issue with Poole, it's with the SCB and the referee.

There is zero chance of The Aces getting anywhere with this no matter how wrong it is.

For any newbies we where once kicked out of a cup final as points we gained for RR were deducted because we didn't have the missing riders name .................. printed in the programme!

No I'm not kidding.

My dad told me about what I'm assuming is the same thing just the other day. The way he explained it I thought the rider had declared himself fit to ride an hour before the meeting but as his name was in the programme in italics (for r/r), all his points were deducted... Thus we lost the cup final to Reading I think it was, after overcoming a large first leg deficit?

Would love to see cook at poole too and it could happen sooner rather than later

Cook wants to stay at Belle Vue. So be surprised if he wasnt.

• Like 1

From everything I know about Cookie he loves BV too much to want to leave. I'm 99% certain that he would want to stay and ride with us in our new stadium. I'm also 99% certain that the club will want him to stay. It was pretty clear for all to see during the playoffs how much he loves the club.

• Like 1

I'm just glad for Belle Vue's sake that Poole won the final.

Had Belle Vue beat them, on Pooles own patch, Ford would have taken his bricks back and the new stadium would have fallen down :)

• Like 2

Commiserations Belle Vue on what I thought was a sterling effort nice to see Cook coming over so passionately about his club its nice to see he is really proud to race in BV colours.

My dad told me about what I'm assuming is the same thing just the other day. The way he explained it I thought the rider had declared himself fit to ride an hour before the meeting but as his name was in the programme in italics (for r/r), all his points were deducted... Thus we lost the cup final to Reading I think it was, after overcoming a large first leg deficit?

It was against Reading, Peter Ravn was the rider in question, and you are correct it was because his name was not printed in the programme. Reading waited until the meeting was over, BV had hammered them, and put in the protest, which the Ref upheld.

After this incident we stopped going to speedway for several years.