British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Agree, it's a bizarre signing with over 7 points available. If he's riding with King away from home it is a nightmare waiting to happen.

• Like 1

Agree, it's a bizarre signing with over 7 points available. If he's riding with King away from home it is a nightmare waiting to happen.

I'd put him at 2 to partner KK. Puts more onus on Jason but he's proved he can do it already.

I'd put him at 2 to partner KK. Puts more onus on Jason but he's proved he can do it already.

When he's had no pressure. Will be interesting to see how he handles it.

As you have seen with Horton before he will always take the cheap option first if it works fine if not he will go with who ever is available

• Like 1

As you have seen with Horton before he will always take the cheap option first if it works fine if not he will go with who ever is available

How much are Coventry paying then compared to the cost of any available alternatives?

How much are Coventry paying then compared to the cost of any available alternatives?

Well if Woryna isn't cheap the management are even more foolish. As he's certainly not as good as other options.

Well if Woryna isn't cheap the management are even more foolish. As he's certainly not as good as other options.

I see in the Star Gjedde is looking to make a comeback, would he have been a better option?

Garrity will be fine, id say he'd stick a point on his average. Key for me is King, he needs to show more as a 3rd heatleader, he is capable.

If it wasn't a play off system to determine the champions I dont think Woryna would be signed. Clubs can take a risk early on.

Garrity will be fine, id say he'd stick a point on his average. Key for me is King, he needs to show more as a 3rd heatleader, he is capable.

If it wasn't a play off system to determine the champions I dont think Woryna would be signed. Clubs can take a risk early on.

Well let's see who Poole sign after holder with the 7.5 ish they have to play with, I bet it won't be a untried pole.

• Like 1

Well let's see who Poole sign after holder with the 7.5 ish they have to play with, I bet it won't be a untried pole.

But they have in the past started with a line up with changes in mind. You could claim they have signed untried Poles in the past, Szczpeniak being one and even Gomólski was awful over here before 2015. Gomólski had a breakthrough year last year which helped them massively, although they did just have them to fit the limit. Im not saying its a good signing far from it but really don't see it as an issue, if Woryna score 0 in the two Shield matches he will be replaced. Same with any rider showing low scores.

Edited by woz01

But they have in the past started with a line up with changes in mind. You could claim they have signed untried Poles in the past, Szczpeniak being one and even Gomólski was awful over here before 2015. Gomólski had a breakthrough year last year which helped them massively, although they did just have them to fit the limit. Im not saying its a good signing far from it but really don't see it as an issue, if Woryna score 0 in the two Shield matches he will be replaced. Same with any rider showing low scores.

You think he will be replaced after two 0 in the 2 matches with Poole I don't think so because it would prove the fans know more about speedway than Horton
  • Like 1

You think he will be replaced after two 0 in the 2 matches with Poole I don't think so because it would prove the fans know more about speedway than Horton

We do

• Like 2

According to Chris Harris in the Star this week, Bomber recommended him and advised Mick to get in quick because Poole were also considering him!!!

(Don't shoot the messenger - I'm only repeating what it says in the SS!!)