British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Why have we let Lakeside speak and agree terms with AJ when we might not have one ourselves??? Madness

After a period of time away I think there is a regulation that the team that holds his registration doesn't have much of a say on where that rider goes but will still get the loan fees etc. Same with Hancock when he helped Poole or if any rider returns after a long period of time.

Add to that the big sponsorship he has in that area and with Stuart Douglas and it is unlikely he would be anywhere else

With no Magic or Zagar in 2016 we need to get a move on signing riders. Just having a team built up to the limit will be a major advantage in 2016! Just not with Summers or Zengota.

Or bloody Kasprzak! Can't believe someone has suggested him after how he messed us around. Nor Bjerre/ Watt / Batchelor or I might be tempted to support the team up the road instead. :lol:

• Like 1

Or bloody Kasprzak! Can't believe someone has suggested him after how he messed us around. Nor Bjerre/ Watt / Batchelor or I might be tempted to support the team up the road instead. :lol:

Agreed on KK. I like KK when he on it but it's 50/50 which one you get. Also agree on Watt. Bjerre is an odd on, on his average you have to consider him but I get why you don't want him to sign. Troy's not dissimilar but he's I'd avoid him too. At least Bjerre I can see some positives this season.

With no Magic or Zagar in 2016 we need to get a move on signing riders. Just having a team built up to the limit will be a major advantage in 2016! Just not with Summers or Zengota.

Why mention riders for other teams who you have no chance of signing even if they were available. Coventry never get a move on signing riders even when they are in the play offs and could have had a real chance if they had signed someone with all the points they had to play with.

• Like 1

Why mention riders for other teams who you have no chance of signing even if they were available. Coventry never get a move on signing riders even when they are in the play offs and could have had a real chance if they had signed someone with all the points they had to play with.

Because it's relevant. A 40.5 limit is too high. When the league then loses 17 points worth of riders with two more quitting it makes building up to 40.5 go from difficult to impossible for all. So if you don't get a move on and sign riders quickly you'll be left in the rubbish.

People ignored my warning me last year and we saw Swindon would have been buggered without Ward, Leicester were screwed and Wolves could do nothing.

A high points limit causes problems.

For some teams 40.5 is lower than 2015 especially if you have a couple of reserves totalling 7 to 8 points between them.

Because it's relevant. A 40.5 limit is too high. When the league then loses 17 points worth of riders with two more quitting it makes building up to 40.5 go from difficult to impossible for all. So if you don't get a move on and sign riders quickly you'll be left in the rubbish.

People ignored my warning me last year and we saw Swindon would have been buggered without Ward, Leicester were screwed and Wolves could do nothing.

A high points limit causes problems.

You don't have to build a team with a 8 point rider though, you can be competitive with a couple of 7 pointers at the top. Effectively the new points limit is lower than last season.

Edited by foreverblue

You don't have to build a team with a 8 point rider though, you can be competitive with a couple of 7 pointers at the top. Effectively the new points limit is lower than last season.

With a 40.5 limit and one of your reserves being limited to 3 (due to the draft) and the other reserve being 5 at most you have 8 teams needed to find 34 points worth of rides. There are NOT that many points worth of riders available. Wolves and Leicester could do nothing last season so why is anyone going to be able to do to now? The teams with a bit of money will sign up to 40.5 leaving a few teams 2 or 3 points below the limit and possibly with Zengota and/Summers on inflated averages.

The points limit is too high. I said so last year, I was right. This year it's the same and there are less riders. It's madness!

For some teams 40.5 is lower than 2015 especially if you have a couple of reserves totalling 7 to 8 points between them.

For BV and Poole it is. Coventry it's about that we averaged but the rest it's too high. And that's before losing Magic, Matej and Kildemand.

For BV and Poole it is. Coventry it's about that we averaged but the rest it's too high. And that's before losing Magic, Matej and Kildemand.

Admission prices should be lower as well

• Like 1

Coventry never get a move on signing riders even when they are in the play offs and could have had a real chance if they had signed someone with all the points they had to play with.

They would have had a real chance with the team they had if Garrity and Kylmakorpi hadn't been injured.

• Like 1

They would have had a real chance with the team they had if Garrity and Kylmakorpi hadn't been injured.

Injuries are part of the sport and when you get one or two you act quickly, you still wouldnt have won with Garrity although i appreciate he was a big loss but you should have replaced Robson and kylmo far sooner and built to the limit Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Injuries are part of the sport and when you get one or two you act quickly, you still wouldnt have won with Garrity although i appreciate he was a big loss but you should have replaced Robson and kylmo far sooner and built to the limit

I agree we should have been more proactive replacing Robson and we went for the safe option who by then was out of form.

Not so damning with replacing joonas as most riders did not want to come over for the scrag end of the season that or Mick was offering peanuts.

Back to 2016 team if rumours are correct then are looking like,

Bomber

Jason

Bjerre

Joonas or Danny

?

Barker reserve

3.00 draft ,hopefully roller.

I agree we should have been more proactive replacing Robson and we went for the safe option who by then was out of form.

Not so damning with replacing joonas as most riders did not want to come over for the scrag end of the season that or Mick was offering peanuts.

Bomber

Jason

Bjerre

Joonas or Danny

?

Barker reserve

That will be good enough for Eighth place.

• Like 1

Jason

Bjerre

Joonas or Danny

?

Barker reserve

Not Bjerre surely!

Depends if the rumours are true and who ? Is I think .

If there is no zagar at BV and janowski at Poole not many number one about either.

• Like 1