British Speedway Forum

After seeing him at Sheffield last season I don't agree.

he improved as the season went on and looked very much in charge the longer the season went on.

pulled off some very good overtaking moves

any of you that were obviously there last night want to describe exactly what happened?

I had a pretty good view of it as I was on the back straight near the exit to the second turn.

I thought it was a stupid move by Bates. Stead was only a short distance from the kerb but Bates tried to go through it, picked up grip and wiped Stead out, Stead clattering into the unprotected part of the safety fence.

It would have been unnecessary if it hadn't been the captain of his own team who has just returned from serious injury.

• Like 1

only thing I can see to go on is that both Josh and Simon racing and passing and re passing and Josh picked up some unexpected grip crashed taking Simon with him unfortunately.

( taken from the live update page)

Got agree with on Josh.

To my mind a rider should be ready for grip, it shouldn't be unexpected.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 2

Kings Lynne is a bogey track for Sheffield.

In 2013 Steady busted his ankle there when he only went down to try out some new machinery, causing him to miss half the season.

In 2007 there was the infamous 75 - 15 scoreline, when Andre Compton went out in Heat one and went a***e over t*t into the fence on the first corner, claiming afterwards that the track was so slippery he couldn't get the bike to turn.

I always have my heart in my mouth when Sheffield riders visit KL and, it seems, not without just cause.

Any news on guest for Saturdays meeting at Leicester ?

Josh Grajczonek

Thought your boys looked good today. Garrity was brilliant, howarth mixed well with our heat leaders. Bates looked quick and seemed to have more control than previous years, hall was impressively quick at reserve.

Special mention to Greaves. Bit out of his depth but gated as well as anyone on show today. Showed great instincts to lay the Nike down and avoid what could have been a serious injury to Richard hall. Looked to have a good style and never dropped too far back.

Hope anyone that Mae the effort to come down enjoyed the meeting. Good luck for the season

• Like 1

I think Greaves will be OK this year, young Pinkie Bates will consolidate last years progress and hope Jason progresses like he should do, frenchie will be awesome at home, Howarth will be a comfortable heat leader and Rich Hall will get back his mojo. Sadly Simon Stead out of action again. Wish The lads and managers good luck for 2016.

Challenge matches between elite and premier I hate so didn't attend but wish both teams good luck.

• Like 1

Can understand why you don't like challenges. Think I'd have been frustrated had I been a tigers fan. Steady should be back on Thursday for the return leg. I would absolutely love him to get a maximum and show our management what we could have had!

Can understand why you don't like challenges. Think I'd have been frustrated had I been a tigers fan. Steady should be back on Thursday for the return leg. I would absolutely love him to get a maximum and show our management what we could have had!

Got to agree with you on challenges. Four riders, four laps that's a race, that's why I go to speedway. :t::cheers:

• Like 1

Hi to all - I'm travelling down to Sheffield this week for the return leg against Leicester. Can anyone tell me if there are any motorway closures between M1 J41 and Sheffield J36 ? both directions ?

Many thanks

Good to see the Sheffield promotion bringing in Jason Doyle to ride against his old club Leicester this should make it very interesting now

Good to see the Sheffield promotion bringing in Jason Doyle to ride against his old club Leicester this should make it very interesting now

Spices things up a little bit.

Hi to all - I'm travelling down to Sheffield this week for the return leg against Leicester. Can anyone tell me if there are any motorway closures between M1 J41 and Sheffield J36 ? both directions ?

Many thanks

Hi . I have been travelling betwwen J37 and 41 for last few days and have been clear both way and no problems