British Speedway Forum

I personally think Matt Ford is too "hands on" with his business and needs more staff who have expertise in certain areas.

Loads of missed opportunities to increase the revenue stream. Online shop? Nope. Why not? Rather than have a simple online shop which could be setup in a day, the shop opens on a morning before Christmas to buy a present!

Much stronger online presence.

Social media improvements.

Ironic perhaps that Wolves have just posted details of their 2016 online shop. Not the first year either.

I personally think Matt Ford is too "hands on

I'm not sure you will have to ask Starman about that one.

• Like 2

I personally think Matt Ford is too "hands on" with his business and needs more staff who have expertise in certain areas.

Loads of missed opportunities to increase the revenue stream. Online shop? Nope. Why not? Rather than have a simple online shop which could be setup in a day, the shop opens on a morning before Christmas to buy a present!

Steve, why don't you ask Matt personally why he doesn't run an online shop. There has to be a reason why he won't do it..

Edited by Starman2006

Ironic perhaps that Wolves have just posted details of their 2016 online shop. Not the first year either.

Reading used to have their track shop online. And Bruce been closed about 8 years now!

Reading used to have their track shop online. And Bruce been closed about 8 years now!

Who the hell is Bruce? :blink: .... :D

Steve, why don't you ask Matt personally why he doesn't run an online shop. There has to be a reason why he won't do it..

Ignorance? Laziness? There is no possible reason why he could not do it.

• Like 1

Middleitch in this weeks Star bangs on about how riders up their game when they come to Poole and he gets the best out of riders. Seems a strange thing to say in the same week as he kicks a Close friend into the long grass for under performing.

• Like 5

Middleitch in this weeks Star bangs on about how riders up their game when they come to Poole and he gets the best out of riders. Seems a strange thing to say in the same week as he kicks a Close friend into the long grass for under performing.

It wasn't his decision. Ford builds the team and makes the changes, from what I have read.

online club shops would need to be linked to whoever runs the track shop at each track, it's not the clubs (generally) that runs them

It wasn't his decision. Ford builds the team and makes the changes, from what I have read.

But Matty only got rid cos Milddleitch didn't do his the job of getting the best out of the each rider. Was Interesting how quick Middleitch was to lay the blame for the sacking firmly at Matty's door. ;)

Edited by semion

up there game? no not really , cuz poole only sign them when there on fake low averages meaning therea good chance they will improve anyway.....

• Like 3

Good honest post Steve

I generally only take enough cash to get me and my son in and a couple and i mean couple of drinks!...plus prog usually no more than 35 quid but on odd occasions i see something at the track shop and wished i had more on me as they dont have a card facility and i truly believe that applies to a lot of people that go to Blunsdon and therefor i think whoever is selling are missing out on a lot of potential extra sales.Now i know some may say just take load more cash i.e say 60-70 but i know i would waste it on bits and pieces and have one or 3 more drinks..deadly!...but being able to use a card i could still take me 30 and perhaps but a Doyley hat or sommut..like i said missing opportunities

• Like 2

Belle Vue have an online shop. You can also buy and print off tickets on.

Belle Vue have a massive online presence. They publish just on average more than one story per day on their main website but put out more than that on Twitter & Facebook.

I liked the shop display Poole have sorted locally. Belle Vue for years had a similar display in a shop window near Piccadilly in the centre of Manchester. It's a great bit of PR.

Yes, that was the plan when Daniel Davidsson left Coventry because he was rubbish and signed for Poole who were going to make him feel loved and get the best out of him. Wonder what happened? :lol:

• Like 1

up there game? no not really , cuz poole only sign them when there on fake low averages meaning therea good chance they will improve anyway.....

So why didn't other clubs sign them then...? Hmm.