British Speedway Forum

True.

But they like him better than Charlie Gjedde!

I was there in 2012 when he returned with the Rockets. The reception he received was rather feisty to say the least, especially after he reeled off 3 straight wins

I was there in 2012 when he returned with the Rockets. The reception he received was rather feisty to say the least, especially after he reeled off 3 straight wins

The reception he received that night, or introduction on parade at least, was unnecessary and unprofessional, but surely everyone has moved on since then.

The reception he received that night, or introduction on parade at least, was unnecessary and unprofessional, but surely everyone has moved on since then.

Pretty sure Mr Barrie will attempt to stoke the dwindling flames for the amusement of a few of the local thick heads with longer memories and less intelligence than the more sensible Berwick folk.

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching him during his time at Rye. No reason he can't average around eight I'd say, especially if Holder and/or Newman can step up and push him for that number one spot. Like the look of this Plymouth side.

SCB, Gjedde has got no chance of a 9 point average in my opinion. Would like a friendly bet on it if you like ?

Now this is where I was careful with what I wrote. I don't think he'll get 9 over the whole season, but from about July onwards I think he'll average 9. The guy has raced a handful of meeting in 3 years so I fully expect him to take him to settle but I see no reason why he can't be back to his best once he's settled. People make too big a thing out of riders returning from injury and time out, most riders carry on as before. Charlie has done it in the past so don't see why he won't again.

Remember when he started at Berwick after a season out and averaged "only" 7 but then averaged 10 for Newport from July onwards? I see something similar happening.

Now this is where I was careful with what I wrote. I don't think he'll get 9 over the whole season, but from about July onwards I think he'll average 9. The guy has raced a handful of meeting in 3 years so I fully expect him to take him to settle but I see no reason why he can't be back to his best once he's settled. People make too big a thing out of riders returning from injury and time out, most riders carry on as before. Charlie has done it in the past so don't see why he won't again.

Remember when he started at Berwick after a season out and averaged "only" 7 but then averaged 10 for Newport from July onwards? I see something similar happening.

There was a reason he "only" averaged 7 in his time at Berwick IMO.

Not just your opinion, mate! Everybody's!

Only at Berwick, the rest of the speedway community knew what was happening, almost common knowledge when he signed for Berwick.

There was a reason he "only" averaged 7 in his time at Berwick IMO.

Yes, he was coming back from 18 months off the bike and was inconsistent!

Take his EL and his PL average by month that season and you'll see that until July he was inconsistent but plodding in both leagues. From mid-july his consistency shot up and thus his average did in both leagues. There was no anti-Berwick thing about it.

Edited by SCB

Yes, he was coming back from 18 months off the bike and was inconsistent!

Take his EL and his PL average by month that season and you'll see that until July he was inconsistent but plodding in both leagues. From mid-july his consistency shot up and thus his average did in both leagues. There was no anti-Berwick thing about it.

You obviously did not attend many Berwick meetings to watch the effort he was putting into his meetings!!.in an away meeting at Workington I watch him tour round never beat an opposition rider come back into the pits take his helmet off and sit on his seat till his next ride his mechanic simply refuelled the bike no set up changes so everything must have been ok for him to tour around.I personally was disappointed with him as like a number of other fans though he was a great signing when announced.Everybody knows the score now with him !!!

Ps

His scores rocketed after he left Berwick.

Edited by Fromafar

You obviously did not attend many Berwick meetings to watch the effort he was putting into his meetings!!.in an away meeting at Workington I watch him tour round never beat an opposition rider come back into the pits take his helmet off and sit on his seat till his next ride his mechanic simply refuelled the bike no set up changes so everything must have been ok for him to tour around.I personally was disappointed with him as like a number of other fans though he was a great signing when announced.Everybody knows the score now with him !!!

Ps

His scores rocketed after he left Berwick.

While I agree with you, surely Berwick had ample opportunity to get rid of a rider where it was clear as to what he was up to, instead they left him in the team week after week to continue see his average fall to such a level that Newport took him off our hands.

While I agree with you, surely Berwick had ample opportunity to get rid of a rider where it was clear as to what he was up to, instead they left him in the team week after week to continue see his average fall to such a level that Newport took him off our hands.

Thats history for me.Bottom line is they didn't.