British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hackneyrocket

Raiders 2016

So Branford was upset by the Promotion then? Amazing what the people in the know actually know

The information came from his pit crew, so there's obviously been a change of heart

• Like 1

So Branford was upset by the Promotion then? Amazing what the people in the know actually know

Glad Luke has been retained shame that Kyle has moved on, very classy for NL racing and he seemed to benefit from Andrews advice.

Was impressed by Georgie Hunter last year and expect him to make decent strides. In a similar way so can a couple of rookies from the training school

It could have been the Branford in, out, in saga was what cost Kelsey a place?

Even so Morley & Branford should be awesome in heat 13 & 15

Could Branford cost Morley his Rockets team place or does he have a PL place?

If not I think Ben is on thin ice there.

Edited by Hob Nob

Branford has a PL average so doesn't qualify to be a Premier League number 7, so Ben doesn't have anything to worry about?

Disappointed Hughes isn't back to be honest, yes the top 2 will dominate the latter heats but having 4 three point riders in the team instantly puts pressure on them, would have much preferred a more solid looking team.

• Like 1

Could Branford cost Morley his Rockets team place or does he have a PL place?

If not I think Ben is no thin ice there.

I think it would be very foolish if they dropped one for another in terms of team spirit however it would give them a perfect ready made guest if any cover was required.

As one who thoroughly enjoyed watching the young lads develop as the season progressed last year I'm looking forward to much the same again from this team.

Top three should ensure minimal 30 point hammering's away and provide a buffer to allow George, Danyon and the two as yet unnamed reserves chance to impress without pressure.

A good team in keeping with Rye's ethos in the national league

Branford can't replace Morley in the PL side.

At the end of the day Branford needs a ride and it shows maturity that he has taken the offer of a NL spot at Rye rather than spit his dummy out and not have a ride at all. It gives him a chance to put himself in the shop window for a PL spot and is a way to stick two fingers up at the promotion for not giving him a PL spot if he dominates in the Raiders side.

As for the side on the whole it is very top heavy, a lot of pressure on Priest to step up and support Morley and Branford. The loss of Bowtell is not good, the focus should have been on retaining him, Hume and Hunter and those three filling the bottom three spaces.

If we sign Harris I think we've got a decent three pointer, he didn't have a great year at Cradley but the potential is there.

A good top two and it could be a slow burner, the end of the season is what matters with the play off system though.

• Like 3

The success or not of this line up will depend on whether at least two of the bottom four riders start to make rapid progress,if it does not happen then I would agree with those who say the team is top heavy,,Will be interesting though to see what transpires and this after all is the attraction of this level of racing.personally I find it an exciting prospect,not least the obvious competition at the top end of the side with Robert.and Ben battling for the No 1 jacket

Edited by waco
  • Like 3

Branford can't replace Morley in the PL side.

At the end of the day Branford needs a ride and it shows maturity that he has taken the offer of a NL spot at Rye rather than spit his dummy out and not have a ride at all. It gives him a chance to put himself in the shop window for a PL spot and is a way to stick two fingers up at the promotion for not giving him a PL spot if he dominates in the Raiders side.

As for the side on the whole it is very top heavy, a lot of pressure on Priest to step up and support Morley and Branford. The loss of Bowtell is not good, the focus should have been on retaining him, Hume and Hunter and those three filling the bottom three spaces.

If we sign Harris I think we've got a decent three pointer, he didn't have a great year at Cradley but the potential is there.

A good top two and it could be a slow burner, the end of the season is what matters with the play off system though.

Spot on Ben, there's more chance of him getting a PL spot if he's over there than back in Aus.

I hope Ben does go to 1 as it will be better when he has to miss matches , r/r wouldn't be that great for the team.

Chopper

• Like 1

Spot on Ben, there's more chance of him getting a PL spot if he's over there than back in Aus.

I hope Ben does go to 1 as it will be better when he has to miss matches , r/r wouldn't be that great for the team.

Chopper

You know that the rule have changed so that you can use a guest for any missing rider now even if you only have 1 out. So it doesn't matter if he's at 5 as you can still get a guest in for him.

You know that the rule have changed so that you can use a guest for any missing rider now even if you only have 1 out. So it doesn't matter if he's at 5 as you can still get a guest in for him.

No I wasn't aware of that rule , I'm guessing the guest has to be below the missing riders average.

Chopper

No I wasn't aware of that rule , I'm guessing the guest has to be below the missing riders average.

Chopper

sorry yes it's for riders that double up. So it still applies for Ben if he Is with the PL team then they can have a guest up to his average to replace him rather than r/r Edited by Al3x200

With the number of riders doubling up from the National league,,The BSPA have made a sensible decision,,,some might say it makes a change?

• Like 2