British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Wonder how much rob has to play with to replace the injured Alex Davies, currently showing a team average of 39.40 & alex davies average of 6.09, so i make that any rider of 9.19 or under? Could be wrong but that gives a lot of options... hope we dont go with an assessed 7.0pt scandinavian... nearly always end up as a 5 ptr there first season.

Going to be an interesting week :)

Nick Morris may be a shout as EL part time racing may not be paying for the rent to Rosco.

Nick Morris may be a shout as EL part time racing may not be paying for the rent to Rosco.

Can Elite teams have more than 2 double upers ?

Edited by bez

Can Elite teams have more than 2 double upers ?

Off course you are correct hadn't realised they had used there quota should have checked.

There are not many options of riders out there as Berwick found out earlier and, also, as we have found out. The move of Josh to 5 & Ryan to 1 has seen the improvement that was required & collectively they have scored more points in their new positions. Unfortunately, this might see Josh move back to no1. If a new rider can be found, he has to be a no1 by average, keeping Josh at 5 but moving Ryan to 3. This must, also, be what Rob must do for his team plans for 2017(a bit early I know but the seeds were set last weekend)

Edited by IronScorpion

davey watt anyone?

His EL average was over 6 at the start off the season so unable to ride PL this year another daft rule.

I was going to suggest Kai Heffenbroc(?) from Kings Lynn but i think they have a couple of double uppers

Getting mixed up there, Kai Huckenbeck is the one although there is a rider called Christian Hefenbrock as well so I can see where your confusion has came from
  • Like 1

The improved scoring Josh has made during his spell at no5 has indeed moved him back to no1(see my post#1295) from 1st Aug. Let us see how he scores, again, in the no1 position thro' improved confidence.

MPT moves back into the main body with Carl dropping to reserve.

Anyone else brassed off with another blank week at the EWR ?. All that fantastic racing v Edinburgh two weeks back. Somehow all the excitment and enthusiasm that generated is in danger of being lost. Your almost starting again v Somerset a week on Sunday. Any news on if we have a replacement for Alex ?

Edited by the outsider

outsider, I totally agree but this is the problem when pairs, 4's & world team cup are arranged within a 4 week period(big outlay for some people) plus a spare date in case of rain-offs.

Rob's problem in trying to get a replacement is slightly hindered by us racing on a Sunday. Whether there is a rider, that is in a squad & not riding regularly in the other European Leagues, that is prepared to ride PL, I would have thought Rob would have found one. Also, there is the rule that any EL rider having an average over 6 at any time, cannot ride PL. Whether Morris can ride on his old PL average, I don't know. There is, also, the problem of the amount of double uppers/downers a team can have.

outsider, I totally agree but this is the problem when pairs, 4's & world team cup are arranged within a 4 week period(big outlay for some people) plus a spare date in case of rain-offs.

Rob's problem in trying to get a replacement is slightly hindered by us racing on a Sunday. Whether there is a rider, that is in a squad & not riding regularly in the other European Leagues, that is prepared to ride PL, I would have thought Rob would have found one. Also, there is the rule that any EL rider having an average over 6 at any time, cannot ride PL. Whether Morris can ride on his old PL average, I don't know. There is, also, the problem of the amount of double uppers/downers a team can have.

Thanks Iron; time was when the old Div2/New National League would carry on through "international schedules" throughout the summer, but now there is a lot of cross over between the leagues due to the scarcity of riders. Then if you throw in domestic shared events; its easy to close your local speedway for month in June-July. But no good for continuity and keeping the punters engaged.

Peter Ljung. Riding well in Swedish leagues which are Thursday & Tuesday, mainly. Used to ride for Leicester in 2014

Timo Lahti. Scoring well abroad

Good morning to you aswell i,m more than confident the devils will finish higher than your team of racers even if we finish 12th

Well... you're right on one thing....you've finished 12th ... :rofl:

• Like 2