British Speedway Forum

He's not decided yet.

I think he probably has but isn't saying. Probably time to move on for him and the club IMO. Keep Sam and Kevin and build the team round them.

What average is used for creating teams for next season? Their closing one?

It will depend on what he can arrange in the way of teams abroad.

Can't live on the number of EL fixtures as per yesterday's newspaper article - http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/craig-cook-facing-dilemma-over-monarchs-future-1-3922415

Absolutely. People suggesting he should go full time Elite League for a challenge are missing the point slightly. It's not sustainable as you say.

If Cookie rolls up to tapes in March don't get me wrong, i'll be delighted.

• Like 2

At his age this is a major decision. We all need cash to live.

• Like 1

I can see him resigning for Edinburgh from a cash perspective and it's only up the road from Manc. Do think the guy is on the cusp of greatness, though. I'm waiting to see how he does at the new track in Manchester but I'd love to see him hammering it next year and moving into the GP's in the next couple. Now he's got this tuning mob on board and he is such an athlete I really think the sky's the limit. Hope so anyway as he deserves it. He'd be a loss to any team. The Belle Vue 2016 thread is full of praise. You never know - he seemed to be saying he wants three teams in 2016.

• Like 3

He is destined for great things he has talent and attutude to go far in speedway. If edinburgh and cook want to go another season, would the stumbling block be bellvue moving to a friday?

I strike a guess Cookie raced in over a hundred meetings last year....phew think of all those road miles.

he can ride most tracks like the home number 1 and reckon that the bigger track at the new national speedway staduim will have his name next to track record holder. If he can get a squad slot in poland maybe do half the season then he'd be a busy boy.

• Like 2

It will depend on what he can arrange in the way of teams abroad.

Can't live on the number of EL fixtures as per yesterday's newspaper article - http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/craig-cook-facing-dilemma-over-monarchs-future-1-3922415

The way i see it if Cookie stays at Edinburgh he cant ride in Poland(as stated in above article) so he will have to find another Elite league club.Which is fine for next year but he only has one year left where he will be allowed to double up.After that he has to choose to move up or stay in the prem league.If he stayed in prem league then not enougth meetings as he cant ride in Poland.So if he has a chance now to ride in Poland he would be imo daft not to take it,the chance might not be there the year after.So for me he has to take the chance if he has a good season in the Elite league and in Poland(where he will earn more per meeting) then there is a chance a Swedish team may show some interest.Its the only way he has a chance of earning a good living in the long run because if he stays with Edinburgh in the prem league all he will have is prem league meetings and as he says not enougth meetings to earn a living.Only my opinion which ever way he chooses i wish him the very best of luck and i will always be a big fan of his.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Tough decision for Cook,one of the problems with riding in Poland seems to be if you have a bad meeting you get dropped for the next couple whether contracts take that into account I don't know but you can see that is only Worlds top riders that are required every week.Best of luck to him if he decides to give it a go,you feel it's now or never for him though.

1 Sam Masters 8.98
2 Rory Schlein 8.74
3 Kevin Wolbert 8.18
4 Erik Riss 5.22
5 Michal Rajkowski 4.87
6 Max Clegg 3.48
7 A.N other 3.00

Total 42.47

• Like 2

Healthy transfer fee then please.

just may pay part of the bill off .

Tough decision for Cook,one of the problems with riding in Poland seems to be if you have a bad meeting you get dropped for the next couple whether contracts take that into account I don't know but you can see that is only Worlds top riders that are required every week.Best of luck to him if he decides to give it a go,you feel it's now or never for him though.

I dont know but i would think that if he does ride in Poland he would start with a 2nd division club their team places seem to be a bit more secure. He would join riders like M Fricke,H Andersen,F Lindgren,T Batchelor,D North and D Watt to name a few who already ride in said division.All riders he has beat many times in the Elite league so i think that he would do very well over there.

P.S just found out myself for others that did not know.On 11.10.15 Cookie took part in an open meeting at Krakow a 2nd division club.He finished 2nd in the meeting scoring 10 points he beat P Dudek in a heat but finished 2nd behind him in the final.I think he may get a few offers after that result

Edited by B.V 72

Is Joe Tabaka still riding and what was his closing average

Speedway Star seems to be pretty much assuming he's gone. There's a wee interview with Campbell on page 3. A big interview on pg14-15.