British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

Credit to Lemon for going with Masters and Fricke.

Sweden stick with old faithful line up

Germany no surprise

And USA, Janirro and Fisher in the same side, amazing! Lol

Germany no surprise

USA have as much chance as Peterborough have of winning the Premier league.

Guest GiveusaB

My preferred England team 1. Tai 2. King 3. Nicholls 4.Harris Reserve Lambert

Hi, I'm looking for 2 tickets for the speedway World Cup final and race off, would prefer standing terrace or west stand tickets. I believe I am right in saying there is only east stand tickets available online? If anyone has any tickets for sale which or not east stand 3/4 bends please let me no I will be very interested. Many thanks.

Looking for 2 tickets for the speedway World Cup final and race off.

Would prefer standing terrace tickets or west stand/main stand, not so keen on the east stand 3/4 bend which seems to be all that is left?!

If anyone has any tickets for sale or can point me in the right direction to get tickets would be grateful.

Thanks.

Germany no surprise

Fricke is flying this year and could not be ignored. The Swedes and Poles are impressed by him. Was chatting to a Rospigana fan on Saturday and he was waxing lyrical about Fricke. Asked him about future Swedes and he rolled his eyes back and told me all hopes are pinned on Thorssell and if he doesn't do anything AJ could have 10 more years in the GP series.

Really hoping the Americans make the race-off! I'll be an American for the day with Fisher and Janniro in the team :D

"Are the Danes having a laugh ?. Who in there right mind would want to go into the race off . If the Russians win in Event 1 (not impossible) they could be lumped in the race off with Poland , probably Australia and USA with only 1 place available. Absolute madness"

Slightly odd thing to say but that Race Off, if it were to play out like that, looks like the easier meeting to negate, as well as having the benefit of a competitive meeting on the track.

Edited by The Mockingjay

I've had a little bet on the Russians. Very strong top 3.

The Russians do look strong but the problem is their riders don't always turn up.

My preferred England team 1. Tai 2. King 3. Nicholls 4.Harris Reserve Lambert

As I understand it the Reserve has to be a rider who is in the Under 21 Championship - not sure if Lambert qualifies on those terms but if he does he is an obvoius choice from there.

If he doesn't qualify I would pick him in preference to Harris who doesn't seem to get on with the Belle Vue track.

The reserve has to be under 21 PERIOD. Nothing in the rules that say they they must be in the under 21 world championship.

Ans the reserve can only replace a rider ho has been injured. So Lambert at reserve is senseless as he will only ride if team mate gets injured. He is too good for reserve unlikely to get a ride.

Edited by OveFundinFan

I was going to buy a couple of terrace tickets for SWC Play Off and Final. Are they sold out? Because when I hovver the mouse over that section nothing happens. Thanks in advance

I was going to buy a couple of terrace tickets for SWC Play Off and Final. Are they sold out? Because when I hovver the mouse over that section nothing happens. Thanks in advance

Certainly looks like only East seating available now.

"Are the Danes having a laugh ?. Who in there right mind would want to go into the race off . If the Russians win in Event 1 (not impossible) they could be lumped in the race off with Poland , probably Australia and USA with only 1 place available. Absolute madness"

Slightly odd thing to say but that Race Off, if it were to play out like that, looks like the easier meeting to negate, as well as having the benefit of a competitive meeting on the track.

Surely it's better to field your strongest team on your home track, to give yourself a better chance of going straight through to the final.

Alright they'll get track time in the race-off, but they will still be up against Poland or Russia, who will be tough to beat even with their strongest team.

It makes more sense to give yourself two decent chances to qualify rather than just one.

Surely it's better to field your strongest team on your home track, to give yourself a better chance of going straight through to the final.

Alright they'll get track time in the race-off, but they will still be up against Poland or Russia, who will be tough to beat even with their strongest team.

It makes more sense to give yourself two decent chances to qualify rather than just one.

It looks like the meeting on the fri for the last place has the possibility of being a better meeting than the final. I have found this to be the case a few times.

Guest GiveusaB

Apologies if this has already been discussed? But can anyone advise if there's local street parking for Belle Vue, or is the train the best bet?

Was thinking of parking at Ryder Brow and getting train from there to avoid crowds/congestion - trying to be clever by avoiding Manchester Piccadily ?