British Speedway Forum

Was there ever a fluke winner? Jerzy( ask Ivan and others) Egon was class in 83 and 83 for me was a vintage year some great riders that year.!

Of course they were flukes as if Egon and Jerzy would have never had made the final in the first place ..if Egon and Jerzy would say rode in the overseas finals rather that the weak route that allowed poor riders to get into the final they would gone out .

Having a system that never allowed all the best riders to get into the final was not only unfair but stupid .

Edited by orion

Of course they were flukes as if Egon and Jerzy would have never had made the final in the first place ..if Egon and Jerzy would say rode in the overseas finals rather that the weak route that allowed poor riders to get into the final they would gone out .

Having a system that never allowed all the best riders to get into the final was not only unfair but stupid .

Why is it that many people in this country cannot accept the world championship successes of Jerzy Szczakiel and Egon Muller?

Why is it that many people in this country cannot accept the world championship successes of Jerzy Szczakiel and Egon Muller?

Because unfair rules allowed them to .

Totally wrong on Muller most of us who know speedway ? give credit he was a class act and i went and at Norden he was the favourite no doubt about it.lee, Carter,Sanders.Sigalos, Nielsen had chances but Egon was the best man on that given day at Norden. Edited by sidney

I was at Ullevi when Jan o Pedersen took the title, not sure he was the pre match favourite, but like Havvy made some wonderful starts

I was at Ullevi when Jan o Pedersen took the title, not sure he was the pre match favourite, but like Havvy made some wonderful starts

Was the only time ever Jan O made some great gates great from the back usually.
  • Like 1

Totally wrong on Muller most of us who know speedway ? give credit he was a class act and i went and at Norden he was the favourite no doubt about it.lee, Carter,Sanders.Sigalos had chances bu Egon was the man the best not on a best 10 races but just on that given day at Norden.

I fyou

if you knew about speedway then would understand that Muller would not have made the final if he had gone in with the best riders in say the overseas final etc ...the fact that Won in Norden does not change that ..Muller was never a class act when he rode in the uk .

Edited by orion

Was the only time ever Jan O made some great gates great from the back usually.

it was nice turning up in another country where the world champion wasnt already crowned,i certainly wouldn't of made the journey under todays rules Edited by ColinMills

I fyou knew speedway then would understand that Muller would have made the final if had gone in with the best riders in say the overseas final etc ...the fact that Won in Norden does not change that ..Muller was never a class act when he rode in the uk .

Did you ever know his career really?you ent got a clue i went to the abbey he scored 0 for Coatbridge.He progressed at a real rate at international level he was decent and ask Mauger/Briggs how good he was do your research Orion please.!

I fyou

if you knew about speedway then would understand that Muller would not have made the final if he had gone in with the best riders in say the overseas final etc ...the fact that Won in Norden does not change that ..Muller was never a class act when he rode in the uk .

Did you go to Norden?? Edited by sidney

Did you ever know his career really?you ent got a clue i went to the abbey he scored 0 for Coatbridge.He progressed at a real rate at international level he was decent and ask Mauger/Briggs how good he was do your research Orion please.!

OK ..tell me what his record was in the uk and his final record was bar that win seeing you know so much ? your find it hard to find a speedway fan who would have thought that Muller would have got to a World Final had had into the same stages as the brits the yanks the danes the swedes etc ....

Edited by orion

OK ..tell me what his record was in the uk and his final record was bar that win seeing you know so much ? your find it hard to find a speedway fan who would have thought that Muller would have got to a World Final had had into the same stages as the brits the yanks the danes the swedes etc ....

Dont ask me but ask other people who you respect was Muller any good ? Believe me he was good and he was good at Longtrack as well and he if had of turned up in overseas finals (ect ) ie he would have had quick aquipment no doubt about that and qualified. Edited by sidney

Muller would have had a decent chance of qualifying whatever the method. 81 at wembley he finished ahead of the likes of Lee Morton Nielsen.

He was a class rider, but he never would have won the world title under a gp system thoughm

• Like 1

Muller was also class in the 1976 World Final. He scored 8 points, should have been 11, but fell off while leading Simmo in his final outing.

Egon Muller would have definitely be a GP rider, had a series existed. Might have lacked the consistency to win a series, but would have won rounds.

All the best

Rob

• Like 3

MULLER was possibly the greatest longtrack rider of his or any generation. Never really took speedway seriously other than at Norden in his home country for obvious reasons. It was a strong field at Norden and no one handed him the title, he had to win it and did so. It was no fluke.

• Like 1