British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve0

Pirates Vs Roobins, Ela, 25 Mar 2016, 12 Noon

i agree with 99% of what you write and nothing wrong with enjoying winning, however the gloating needs to be toned down a bit. The sport is on its knees and one team thrashing the others doesnt help the sport. The elite league looks like being the most boring it has ever been and the sport as a whole is suffering. The other teams look like a premier league side from about 5 years ago, not the standard of a so called elite league.

As i say Ipswich , my team, thrashed everyone in 1998. The racing on the most part was dull with 5-1 after 5-1 and i was one of many who simply didnt bother going to the meetings against much weaker sides when i knew i was going to watch processional racing. The sport itself suffers if one or even 2 teams are so much further ahead than the others.

Poole get decent crowds, i know that, but how many are going to bother going to watch Poole rack up 60 points against the majority of sides?

I pick and choose my meetings now due to cost and i wont bother watching Ipswich against say Redcar or Rye House , but when Glasgow are in town with that strong top 4 i will be there. Must be the same for Poole if Leicester or Lakeside are there the crowd wont be as big for when Belle Vue are in town

Not everyone is like you Gavan! Some fans like big wins and some don't. Some fans absolutely hate it when their team loses, so winning big deals with it.

Oh and who is gloating? Don't say Starman cos nobody listens anyway :)

Edited by lisa-colette

Think you will find it was Norrie Allen not Mark asking for a kings ransom!

Yep thats correct mate..

i agree with 99% of what you write and nothing wrong with enjoying winning, however the gloating needs to be toned down a bit. The sport is on its knees and one team thrashing the others doesnt help the sport. The elite league looks like being the most boring it has ever been and the sport as a whole is suffering. The other teams look like a premier league side from about 5 years ago, not the standard of a so called elite league.

As i say Ipswich , my team, thrashed everyone in 1998. The racing on the most part was dull with 5-1 after 5-1 and i was one of many who simply didnt bother going to the meetings against much weaker sides when i knew i was going to watch processional racing. The sport itself suffers if one or even 2 teams are so much further ahead than the others.

Poole get decent crowds, i know that, but how many are going to bother going to watch Poole rack up 60 points against the majority of sides?

I pick and choose my meetings now due to cost and i wont bother watching Ipswich against say Redcar or Rye House , but when Glasgow are in town with that strong top 4 i will be there. Must be the same for Poole if Leicester or Lakeside are there the crowd wont be as big for when Belle Vue are in town

I totally agree with you watching such a strong team against weaker team is not for me either.

• Like 2

.......chris4gillian..............Every promoter in the league had access to every available rider just like Poole, another fact.

So it's fact that every promoter had access to Rick Frost's asset Buczkowski? Yeah right. :lol:

So it's fact that every promoter had access to Rick Frost's asset Buczkowski? Yeah right. :lol:

You heard it here... But nevermind Eh..

What does that mean ~ you heard it here? :blink: You'll have to try to talk sense so I can understand.

• Like 2

Unfortunately Swindon have a premier league and Jason Doyle. Take Doyle out and they wouldn't win the premier league.

We were informed that Swindon would use their own assets so why not use Mads instead of Tungate ?, Would have made the team look stronger.

Swindon will struggle this year unless changes are made. People have been saying it's a team of Racers well that wasn't evident yesterday.

Like a lot of supporters I will pick and choose when I go this season and you may say that is not a true supporter well the team is not a true elite league team. It cost me a lot of money with my wife and 3 boys going. Rant over !

Well done to Poole yesterday and well done to Matt for again producing a league winning side. If only we could do the same.

What does that mean ~ you heard it here? :blink: You'll have to try to talk sense so I can understand.

Anybody could have signed Buzz. But nobody was interested, That shows you the state of other clubs. They don't have the ambition or forsight, and people moan because we dominate.Matt makes the rest look like school kids.

Well done to Poole yesterday and well done to Matt for again producing a league winning side. If only we could do the same.

Mate any club could do the same, they just have to have a little ambition.

Starman2006............Anybody could have signed Buzz. But nobody was interested, That shows you the state of other clubs. They don't have the ambition or forsight, and people moan because we dominate.Matt makes the rest look like school kids.

Well, I'm impressed you know the difference between 'have' and 'of'' but otherwise don't believe he was on any list as available to ride. Do you have a link to this list of riders so I can check and apologise for being wrong?

• Like 1

i think what people are saying starman(probably rightly)is that in effect buzz was a "poole asset" and not available to everyone.but you are right in this years league hes a suberb signing on that average

• Like 1

Well, thanks for the sensible answer. I think Starman is still searching for the list....or more than likely just ignoring a question that he finds difficult to answer like he usually does. :lol:

Buzz was as good as a Poole asset with Frost on board so it's highly unlikely he would have signed for anyone else.

Plus I haven't heard one promoter saying they tried to sign him but were denied .

I believe Poole were the only team that wanted him despite him being near enough a Poole asset.

Buzz was as good as a Poole asset with Frost on board so it's highly unlikely he would have signed for anyone else.

Plus I haven't heard one promoter saying they tried to sign him but were denied .

I believe Poole were the only team that wanted him despite him being near enough a Poole asset.

Swindon may have after Dak pulled out.

He wasn't a poole asset. So anybody could have signed him, but nobody bothered. Your not likely to hear if anybody else wanted him, are you. Again a case of Promoters burying there heads in the sand. But im sure there will be plenty of excusses for other clubs short comings, there normally is..

Edited by Starman2006

dont want to watch a season of one sided matches,want a few last heat deciders!

You've got a long season ahead of you Poole Keith. ;)