British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v Wolves 25-03-16 Good Fiday

JUST READ woffy comment in todays daily star..."dont blame us, it should have been called off on thursday"

• Like 2

THINK it was Sky who baled out ... understandably under the circumstances

Ahhh, thanks for clarifying that then.

What are you going on about? This isn't a new meeting suddenly being arranged for Friday, it has always been is the fixtures.

It has never been called off so until it is, it is still on like every other meeting is.

If the practise doesn't go well tomorrow and it is called off, 24 hours notice is plenty of notice for Wolves fans, more notice then most fans get for rain offs!

and the fact that 3 other promotions had already told their supporters it was off earlier in the week? Just made up then? ?

This meeting has now officially been called off by Belle Vue after another track inspection.

As expected and predicted. And already declared CORRECTLY by 3 other promotions earlier.

What a farce.

Edited by stevebrum

JUST READ woffy comment in todays daily star..."dont blame us, it should have been called off on thursday"

Says it all.They tried to get away with it

A great boost to British speedway and i have no doubt they have worked hard but it was'nt ready and should of been called off.Its clear to see....They must of known it.Will be a great venue in the future,but it was not ready !!!

• Like 2

IT'S a fluid situation! Think they are leaning on the side of caution.

The only thing that's fluid is the bullrubbish

• Like 1

So you've read it again and despite it actually saying The Belle Vue track curator is out there giving them advice and we hope his experience will help them get it put right. you insist it 'certainly reads to you' that Meredith is not allowed to do anything but advise?

You might genuinely think that's what it says, someone got muddled up between 'a decision' and a 'promised announcement' this morning so I suppose anything is possible, but it doesn't.

At least you posted the announcement proving it doesn't say Meredith, or anyone else for that matter, is only allowed to advise, so thanks for that.

That's what it says quite clearly and only an argumentative thick lackey would say otherwise. It clearly states the track is the responsibility of the contractors. It clearly states the contractors were working on the track. It clearly states Colin Meredith was giving advice. Anything else is in your head.

Why don't you do your club a favour and shut up with your nonsense. You do nothing but bring shame and embarrassment to the club you claim you support. At times like this it is the last thing they need.

Of course you won't, you'll be back with more of what you think are clever remarks and drag the Aces name further through the mud.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

ColinMills, on 23 Mar 2016 - 9:18 PM, said:snapback.png

Says it all.They tried to get away with it

A great boost to British speedway and i have no doubt they have worked hard but it was'nt ready and should of been called off.Its clear to see....They must of known it.Will be a great venue in the future,but it was not ready !!!

Is that the end of it lol

I didn't say it said anything else did I?

I literally quoted the announcement (it is very easy to go back and check if you don't believe me), anything else is in YOUR head.

And Star Lady's.

And the Belle Vue promotion.

And everyone else's who have followed this story, bar yours.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

SORRY but that's a silly remark. Whether it is next week or next month, this will still be the best speedway facility in Britain by a country mile.

Phil, is there no small part of you now that is getting just a little bit fed up with the BV promotion themselves.

Just an infinitesimally small part of your mind that is losing just a little bit of faith in their current performance.

Or are you just as rock solid, really?

Surely we have reached the point when even you will lose it with them soon.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

SORRY but that's a silly remark. Whether it is next week or next month, this will still be the best speedway facility in Britain by a country mile.

I've no doubt it'll be a fantastic facility Phil.

However, if they can't get the track sorted out then it will be wasted.

There's only so long before people will start to ask some serious questions.

I've no doubt it'll be a fantastic facility Phil.

However, if they can't get the track sorted out then it will be wasted.

There's only so long before people will start to ask some serious questions.

As could the organisers of The World Cup who might be looking to take it elsewhere, so the management of BV need to pull their fingers out and get the PR right for once and get someone in who can organise how the club should be doing things.

• Like 3