British Speedway Forum
Speedball

British U21 Final - Sheffield 14 April

Tough luck on Connor Mountain who was going so well at the semi final. Not sure what the extent of his injuries are following on from his horror smash at the weekend but i wish him a speedy recovery.

Connor has tweeted that he has suffered knee ligament, calf muscle and hamstring damage. As you say, he looked classy in the semi-final and hope he is back racing again soon.

I saw Robert Lambert put in a hugely impressive performance at Berwick the other night and IMO he will be crowned as GB Under-21 Champ tomorrow night.

Has Lambert ridden Sheffield before? Seem to think he was missing/injured when he should have been at Sheffield last year.

Weather update: There was some rain for an hour or 2 this morning, but nothing too heavy, its dried up nicely and the weather forecast is for cloud but no more rain for today I believe so it should be game on!

I saw Robert Lambert put in a hugely impressive performance at Berwick the other night and IMO he will be crowned as GB Under-21 Champ tomorrow night.

If he can get out of the starts I think you may be right, Fingers crossed!!

If he can get out of the starts I think you may be right, Fingers crossed!!

Considering Lambert is the only competitor in the line-up riding in a top 3 position in the EL, if he finishes all his races, he should walk this. More interest probably in who else can gain a rostrum place and be considered for the World U21 and Reserve SWC position.

Considering Lambert is the only competitor in the line-up riding in a top 3 position in the EL, if he finishes all his races, he should walk this. More interest probably in who else can gain a rostrum place and be considered for the World U21 and Reserve SWC position.

Is that a case of 'he's damned if he does and damned if he does not?' If he wins it people will say he should have won it anyone and if he does not he'll get slated?? :o:o

• Like 2

Is that a case of 'he's damned if he does and damned if he does not?' If he wins it people will say he should have won it anyone and if he does not he'll get slated?? :o:o

No, not at all and apologies if it came across as such.

Is this being shown online anywhere?

It's not being televised so no.

To the best of my knowledge this meeting isn't being streamed live, but here are the up dates, a more than adequate substitute.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15381/british-u21-final-sheffield-30pm

Unless someone breaks the Periscope ban or the local DVD company has a death wish you can't stream a meeting unless it's formally televised and this certainly wasn't on Sky's schedule.

Absolute madness from Lambert.

Nobody ever when they first pick goes from Gate 4. What a plonk.

Will learn more from this though than winning it for sure. Come back stronger.

No, not at all and apologies if it came across as such.

No need to apologise, I just know some people think that way. 😑

Congrats to Josh, gutted for Lambert. Still think winner should be top scorer after 20 heats, but hay ho.

Edited by diamond@heart

Well done Josh unlucky Robert but to go through the card unbeaten& lose is a travesty,I agree as well the winner should be after 20 heats.

• Like 2