British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Raiders V Stoke Mon 2nd May After Premier At 2pm Approx 4-4.30

Difficilt call for the management with rain forcast for around 4pm,Do they go with the premier match at 2pm and hope for the best,,To be or not to be that is the question

For Stoke, Chessell apparently guests for Phillips but he has a new 10.00 average from tomorrow so I don't see how he can.

Don't they come into effect 7 days after release?

Don't they come into effect 7 days after release?

7 days after the last meeting, which was 25/4. So effective from tomorrow, I believe.

For Stoke, Chessell apparently guests for Phillips but he has a new 10.00 average from tomorrow so I don't see how he can.

I find it difficult to believe he has a 10 point average!!

I think they'll struggle to complete the PL match.

Edited by Shads

Good win for the Raiders today but despite the top end supremacy it was good to see Leek and Locke having wins and improving and Banks looked better in his first couple of races. If they continue to improve and the return of Hunter now soon, the team will be really stong by the end of the season.

Well done to the Raiders.

Rob Branford is a joy to watch, great team rider and unbeaten.

Macauley Leek, great effort and useful points.

Ben and Luke rode well.

Bit of a scrappy meeting,,problems at the tapes for riders,,loads of fallers,Connor Lock after a trap to line win spent most of the rest of the evening sitting on the shale,some corners he has difficulty turning in..Harvey Banks is just slow.,,,,However Macauly Leek can gate quite well battles ,is quicker than Lock or Banks,and is the one that should be persevered with in my opinion,,Ben Morley an immaculate 15 point max,,Rob Branford to with his exciting style did the business with a paid max 13 plus 2""Solid back up from skipper Luke Priest,,,the points scored by Leek my man of the match contributed to this moral boosting victory over Stoke,,with the tapes malfunctioning the last two races were started on the green light..wrapped up by Morley and Branford ,before the heavens finally opened,,Success all round who would have thought it at the start of the day,,..?

• Like 2

Well done to the Raiders.

Rob Branford is a joy to watch, great team rider and unbeaten.

Macauley Leek, great effort and useful points.

Ben and Luke rode well.

Even more amazing considering he had a bike land on his back in his second heat ,and was seeing stars for the rest of the night,last word is hes very sore in the upper back, shoulder blade area, and hoping theres no permanent damage.

Junior

Even more amazing considering he had a bike land on his back in his second heat ,and was seeing stars for the rest of the night,last word is hes very sore in the upper back, shoulder blade area, and hoping theres no permanent damage.

Junior

Junior

Hope Rob is ok in a few days.

Rob has a lot of potential - Rye need to invest in his talent and bring him up to

Standard such as Wright Stark Sargeant and Kerr all Natinal league boys who struggled at first.

• Like 1

I think many would like to see Rob in the Rockets..unfortunately you can not release a rider on an assessed average under the rules.so for the time being that is the way it is..Who makes these stupid rules most of which seem to be killing off the sport ?

• Like 1

I think many would like to see Rob in the Rockets..unfortunately you can not release a rider on an assessed average under the rules.so for the time being that is the way it is..Who makes these stupid rules most of which seem to be killing off the sport ?

It's actually a really sensible rule, teams should be thinking about whether signing these assessed riders is a good idea because they can't sack them if they're duff. Unfortunately our promotion haven't done that and we've signed a rubbish import and now can't get shot of him unless he quits.

How can it be a sensible rule not to be able to release a rider who is not doing the job he is employed to do..It would not happen in any other business..Theoretically it could reduce attendances to a point where that business becomes unsustainable...Now I'm not saying that would happen at Rye and the management obviously hope given time there will be an improvement..

Edited by waco
  • Like 1