British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Poole Pirates, Mon 9th May 2016 @ 19:30

In heat 15 Holder led and Hans cut back up the inside to join him. Updates is wrong.

Gavan if you think Poole is the next worse track to Leicester you know nothing clearly about EL speedway.

I visit every track in the EL and at Poole we are lucky to havd a track that allows passing on all four bends.

I would say the new BV track could be the best, time will tell. Wolves has plenty of passing if you like small tracks. And Poole with flat out racing and loads of passing. Kings Lynn used to have good raing but all reports say its Poor now.

If you take off your anti Poole specs or pay a visit you will see with your own eyes. Or watch Poole v BV on Sky soon.

Steve he only goes to Ippo once in a blue moon, so the chances of him coming to Poole are NIL..

Steve he only goes to Ippo once in a blue moon, so the chances of him coming to Poole are NIL..

correct I go to Ipswich once a month. Thing is pal I have a life. I live an hour from the track, I work for a living and I have a family. Those things mean that I don't go every week like I used to in the 90's. If I still lived at home with my mummy and got in for free to sell the speedway star I would go every week.

correct I go to Ipswich once a month. Thing is pal I have a life. I live an hour from the track, I work for a living and I have a family. Those things mean that I don't go every week like I used to in the 90's. If I still lived at home with my mummy and got in for free to sell the speedway star I would go every week.

Wrong pal, i have my {owned} house and i also have a life and to be honest with you my life is none of your frigging business. im whats known as a VOLUNTEER something that speedway cannot get enough of, something Poole speedway has always been blessed with. Every post, you put up smacks of aggression, i would strongly suggest you try yoga, or something to curb that obvious temper of yours because you clearly have one...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

The track remains a mystery, the last meeting against KL was excellent with passing in most races & easily the best EL meeting we seen, but tonight as other posters have said there were no passes after bend 2, lap1. Can't understand why? . Perhaps Glyn could tell why the track was so different tonight.

Or was it that the riders behind didn't use the track to it's full potential?
  • Like 1

A Big well done to Poole. Great comeback from so far behind. Big surprise to many is how come a team packed full of class riders could have found themselves so far behind that they needed a T/R. What is the missing ingredient at the moment ? The riders are there, no one can doubt that. Full of GP and Ex GP and GP riders of the future. Yet they appear to be struggling. Middlo is on record as saying he gets the very best out of all riders that come to Poole. So is it him that is not getting this side to gel at the moment. Watt was shown the door for not performing will Fordie be looking very closely at Middlo at the moment ?

Seems like worrying times in Dorset at the moment.

A Big well done to Poole. Great comeback from so far behind. Big surprise to many is how come a team packed full of class riders could have found themselves so far behind that they needed a T/R. What is the missing ingredient at the moment ? The riders are there, no one can doubt that. Full of GP and Ex GP and GP riders of the future. Yet they appear to be struggling. Middlo is on record as saying he gets the very best out of all riders that come to Poole. So is it him that is not getting this side to gel at the moment. Watt was shown the door for not performing will Fordie be looking very closely at Middlo at the moment ?

Seems like worrying times in Dorset at the moment.

Davey was shown the door because he has personal issues that he needs to sort speedway is a dangerous enough sport without having you head full of other things. Neil doesn't have a problem with Matt nor visa versa, Bradys coming along nicely as everybody at poole knows, this season is a learning curve for him, and nobody at the club is putting him under any pressure.

We will be fine, Trophies are not handed out in May June or July, remember that !!! ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Hi, The track last night was not as good as it has been. 2 very warm days makes the track very hard and the water won't sink into the base . I put 15,000 gallons of water on the track from 9pm the night before.

Turn 3/4 has now gone very hard and as you saw as soon as the top was moved we had dust. So some new shale for the next meeting should be back to its best.

Glyn

• Like 4

Hi, The track last night was not as good as it has been. 2 very warm days makes the track very hard and the water won't sink into the base . I put 15,000 gallons of water on the track from 9pm the night before.

Turn 3/4 has now gone very hard and as you saw as soon as the top was moved we had dust. So some new shale for the next meeting should be back to its best.

Glyn

Thanks for the explanation Glyn. Just goes to show that track preparation is not as simple as some people think it is.

• Like 2

Glyn

Years ago at Swindon if the weather had been dry the trackman used to try to spike the track and soak it with water the two evenings before the day of the meeting. Mind you the spikes did not last long as the shale could go like concrete.

Wrong pal, i have my {owned} house and i also have a life and to be honest with you my life is none of your frigging business. im whats known as a VOLUNTEER something that speedway cannot get enough of, something Poole speedway has always been blessed with. Every post, you put up smacks of aggression, i would strongly suggest you try yoga, or something to curb that obvious temper of yours because you clearly have one...

Every track has volunteers so dont try and big yourself up.

So your life is none of my business? correct.

And my life is none of yours so stop stirring regarding the amount of times i go to watch my club. I happily admit i dont go much so why that should concern you is a mystery to me.

Maybe going every week like yourself gives you the biased view you have, with regards to saying that Newman is better than Worral!

Not sure where all this nonsense has come from about Kyle Newman and Steve Worrall.

As a neutral, I recall from reading the top list of averages at the end of last season in the Elite League and in this weeks Speedway Star.

I remember Kyle Newman finished the Elite League last season with an 8.95 average which was not only astonishing for a reserve but much higher than his Premier League average. Steve Worrall was not in the top scorers Elite League list in the last of last years Speedway Star.

This weeks Star states that Newman has an average of 9.52 average and Worrall is not in the list.

The facts are there. Newman is a better rider than Worrall around the EL tracks.

Now if someone can dig out there averages from the PL from last and this season and then we can add the lot together to find out who really is the better rider that will hopefully end this discussion.

I would guess Kyle Newman.

Not sure where all this nonsense has come from about Kyle Newman and Steve Worrall.

As a neutral, I recall from reading the top list of averages at the end of last season in the Elite League and in this weeks Speedway Star.

I remember Kyle Newman finished the Elite League last season with an 8.95 average which was not only astonishing for a reserve but much higher than his Premier League average. Steve Worrall was not in the top scorers Elite League list in the last of last years Speedway Star.

This weeks Star states that Newman has an average of 9.52 average and Worrall is not in the list.

The facts are there. Newman is a better rider than Worrall around the EL tracks.

Now if someone can dig out there averages from the PL from last and this season and then we can add the lot together to find out who really is the better rider that will hopefully end this discussion.

If you want the stats go to http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2014/1 .

Your so right about Gavan he is full of aggression towards people. For a part time fan he thinks he knows everything too.

''Win at all cost' Poole Pirates underachieve away from home again.

Adam Ellis gets moved into the team proper and now has 3 riders a meeting.

Grief!

Worrall has had a higher PL average the last 2 season. Worralls EL average is 8.52 but hes ridden 4 away meetings only, Newmans away average is 9.33 from 2 away meeting - one of them at his best performing away track in the EL. I'd just give Newman the nod at the moment but I'm not sure theres a lot in it at EL level.