British Speedway Forum

panthers will not like that one bit .

• Like 1

Didn't hear much moaning this year

Edited by Triple.H.

Didn't hear much moaning this year

Ol Jenga likes trying to make the fans bite and usually does!

I agreed that we shouldn't of been seeded so glad to see the winners get a seeding

I don't agree with winners being seeded into the final, Plymouth may have a totally different team next year.

Will mean they get to see their team on two days. Although the the BSPA have got the caveat in about only if it's a 13 team league and rumours suggest it won't be!

One thing that is disappointing is that Rob Godfrey has said that having the 3 semis on one day was maybe too much. Now I disagree, I liked it, it flowed well enough and seemed to tick along nicely. Maybe a slightly earlier start might help to give people a chance to have something to eat before any evening entertainment though. Say 2pm. And try and put the more local teams in semi 1 so those travelling from further afield (thinking Scotland) have a little more time to get there.

Also good to see they're talking about involving the EL. Part of me thinks make that a separate weekend though. Main thing though is it seems they do want to do it next year which is brilliant. Hopefully with the general success of this year the same people will turn up next year and a few more will be encouraged to come along too.

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.31047

Will mean they get to see their team on two days. Although the the BSPA have got the caveat in about only if it's a 13 team league and rumours suggest it won't be!

One thing that is disappointing is that Rob Godfrey has said that having the 3 semis on one day was maybe too much. Now I disagree, I liked it, it flowed well enough and seemed to tick along nicely. Maybe a slightly earlier start might help to give people a chance to have something to eat before any evening entertainment though. Say 2pm. And try and put the more local teams in semi 1 so those travelling from further afield (thinking Scotland) have a little more time to get there.

Also good to see they're talking about involving the EL. Part of me thinks make that a separate weekend though. Main thing though is it seems they do want to do it next year which is brilliant. Hopefully with the general success of this year the same people will turn up next year and a few more will be encouraged to come along too.

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.31047

We left Glasgow at 7 a.m. and were at the Harvester beer garden for half 1 . So a 2 o clock start would be fine , but I suspect it was later as many people work Saturday mornings . But I thought the whole weekend worked perfectly well , I just hope that the make up of the PL allows a repeat next year . Not sure how bringing the EL teams into it would work as many of the riders perform in both leagues .

• Like 1

Guess we need a new format for the PL 4s !

Plymouth seeded to final and 3 semis with 4 teams in each is now totally out of the window.

My suggestion would be to have two semis with 5 teams in and each heat one team drops out 20 heats each semi, top two through to final

lets see what the powers that be come up with

Edit - should have added - lets call it the Championship 4s ;)

Edited by Mad Max

I wonder if now the two leagues are of a similar size and with similar riders if the BSPA could look at running an PL and an EL 4TT at some time. Not totally sure how you do a 4s with 9 and 10 teams but I'm sure the brains at the BSPA can come up with a format.

I really enjoyed last years PL 4TT, would be great if we could have one in say June and one in August. I guess it'll mean finding a weekend when Poland are not running OR getting it in the fixture list now!

Personally, I much prefer a 4s to a pairs meeting.

Assuming there is still only 10 teams

On the Saturday u can have 2 semi finals of 20 heats

5 teams in each semi with one team dropping out in every race - its means the 4 riders ride 4 heats each 1 from each gate - every team has 16 rides over the 20 heats ... top two into the final

On sunday

the 6 losing teams could have a pairs competition of 15 heats

then the grand final - proper 4 team tournament over 20 heats (last 4 nominated)