British Speedway Forum

Cardiff is a great city to visit for a sports event, compact and a real "buzz" about the place. Only real downside of course is the price of accommodation.

We paid £140 a night for a hotel in Manchester for 3 of us. I'm not sure theres that much in it., if you want a decent hotel in a decent location you pay for it. If you're in a hotel in the centre of Cardiff you don't have to pay to get too/from the stadium either, thats another £30ish over the weekend for busses in Manchester.

We paid £140 a night for a hotel in Manchester for 3 of us. I'm not sure theres that much in it., if you want a decent hotel in a decent location you pay for it. If you're in a hotel in the centre of Cardiff you don't have to pay to get too/from the stadium either, thats another £30ish over the weekend for busses in Manchester.

Doesn't Manchester have anything like the oystercard for public transport if it hasn't it probably should.

Doesn't Manchester have anything like the oystercard for public transport if it hasn't it probably should.

Just £2.70 for a bus. I thought it was cheap up north but it only costs me £1.60 down here for a bus :o

Just £2.70 for a bus. I thought it was cheap up north but it only costs me £1.60 down here for a bus :o

Look on the brightside you could've been chauffeur driven in a rickshaw by young master bates with that Brazil flag flapping about.

£4 for a Day Pass...

Niamh

• Like 1

Manchester and Cardiff are chalk and cheese.Managed to stop 5 minutes walk from the stadium in Manchester for £65 a night. Impossible to do that in Cardiff.You can get a Travelodge in Cardiff most weekends for £35 ,your looking at £125 on GP weekend. No other city maybe Edinburgh inflates their prices for event weekends like Cardiff

Manchester and Cardiff are chalk and cheese.Managed to stop 5 minutes walk from the stadium in Manchester for £65 a night. Impossible to do that in Cardiff.You can get a Travelodge in Cardiff most weekends for £35 ,your looking at £125 on GP weekend. No other city maybe Edinburgh inflates their prices for event weekends like Cardiff

And who wants to stay 5 minutes from the stadium?

I'm not knocking Manchester or the NSS but Cardiff wins hands down as a location. You can shop, eat, drink and watc the speedway all within 10 minutes walk. Manchester can't offer you that.

And who wants to stay 5 minutes from the stadium?

I'm not knocking Manchester or the NSS but Cardiff wins hands down as a location. You can shop, eat, drink and watc the speedway all within 10 minutes walk. Manchester can't offer you that.

Ask all those who have to stop at Newport,Bridgend,Caerphilly because they can't get a room in Cardiff if they would like to stay 5 minutes from the stadium and the answer would be yes The point I was making was the price,you can stay in Manchester a lot cheaper than Cardiff.

Agree Cardiff is a better location overall with everything centrally located

• Like 2

We bought a day rider ticket, great value.

We done 3 nights for £190.

We done 3 nights for £190.

Best we could get for 3 of us in May was £288. Would that be the same supply and demand that Cardiff uses?

Me and my other half did two nights at the Premier Inn in Denton for £124, bus tickets £7, offers on the meals at the hotel meant I got value for money IMO. I`d love to go to the Cardiff SGP, but hotel prices are crazy IMO, maybe one day though.