British Speedway Forum

I've haven't seen a single post in your 17,000 plus where you've ever been right about anything.

Moving to Leicester is short term financial suicide for any would be promoter. The signed team of riders should by all means move to Leicester, but they should race as the Leicester Lions.

Then give me an alturnative mr know all. or should i say know nothing.. Because from my stand point you have no choice. Read all my 17k posts have you... not.

Edited by Starman2006

Then give me an alturnative mr know all. or should i say no nothing..

The only alternative is to close down. Attempting to share another clubs stadium wouldn't work in any sport, let alone a farcical minority sport like speedway with its miniscule crowds.

People would back it for a couple of months if they could see a new stadium being built locally but, as we all know, that isn't going to happen.

The only alternative is to close down. Attempting to share another clubs stadium wouldn't work in any sport, let alone a farcical minority sport like speedway with its miniscule crowds.

People would back it for a couple of months if they could see a new stadium being built locally but, as we all know, that isn't going to happen.

Ah great, so you would be happy to see your club go to the wall. Some fan you are. Thats it you bury your head in the sand. And no, a new stadium will not happen Only one deluded person here and thats you.. You are the envy of your club.

Edited by Starman2006

Then give me an alturnative mr know all. or should i say know nothing.. Because from my stand point you have no choice. Read all my 17k posts have you... not.

No ones interested in your standpoint so bog off

• Like 9

No ones interested in your standpoint so bog off

You really are an idiot. Thats two fans who are going to bury there heads in the sand... Anymore ?

Edited by Starman2006

I don't think it was mentioned they would be happy, but just stating the obvious.

Steve Hone, former Wimbledon supporter that lost my team when it moved to Eastbourne.

and Wimbledon football supporter that lost my team when it moved to Milton Keynes.

Starman, what will you do for speedway when Poole closes for a year or two?

I don't think it was mentioned they would be happy, but just stating the obvious.

Steve Hone, former Wimbledon supporter that lost my team when it moved to Eastbourne.

and Wimbledon football supporter that lost my team when it moved to Milton Keynes.

Starman, what will you do for speedway when Poole closes for a year or two?

Speedway at poole will not close for a year or two, any alterations will be worked round it.

Speedway at poole will not close for a year or two, any alterations will be worked round it.

ok

Ah great, so you would be happy to see your club go to the wall. Some fan you are. Thats it you bury your head in the sand. And no, a new stadium will not happen Only one deluded person here and thats you.. You are the envy of your club.

You're a total pillock pal. Been supporting the Bees home and away for 30 years, unlike you who gets in free at Poole for peddling a crap magazine and never leaves Dorset.

Why do you think Coventry fans should go and watch their team ride at Leicester (whom they detest) just because you think it's a good idea?

I know fans that have been going to Brandon far longer than me who feel the same and won't travel. Once you lose your home, you cease to exist. It's just a fact. Doesn't make me a bad fan for stating it.

• Like 7

Looks like Mick bought a double round and told them a load of porkies at th AGM. Feel sorry for Coventry fans, but the running of the Sport is total farce.

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would want to read that amount of utter bilge.(starman's 15k posts)

Edited by Beowulf
  • Like 6

As another Poole fan here I can only hope that there is a positive outcome for you Bees fans as we need you to continue even with the current distaste between the 2 sets of fans over the recent years,

I just perish the thought that Gemini will force Molly & Lucy to sit in a quiet street somewhere where the 4th bend used to be on some rubbishty Cul-de-Sac on a Friday night between March & October where Brandon Stadium used to be.

Who in their right mind would want to read that amount of utter bilge.(starman's 15k posts)

Sadly being a Pirates fan I have to trawl through hundreds of his posts & then not forgetting Gavan's responses to which Starman has to reply to!

• Like 2

So genuinely gutted for Coventry Supporters. As an ex-Hackney fan, I honestly feel your pain.

And I feel it to this day; years after my beloved Waterden Road was demolished. When part of your heart gets ripped out, it never appears to get easily replaced.

Having read through this forum, here's my take on matters.

1. The BSPA and the wage thieves at the SCB appear to have been looking to resolve the Belle Vue debacle; with very little similar effort being made on Leicester's behalf.

2. What's happened to those 'interested parties' mentioned about at Beaumont Park a few weeks ago? It appears to have gone deathly quiet. Leicester meanwhile, sign nobody.

3. Sandhu sends in the heavies to Brandon to 'recover' his property. But they don't just 'recover' it. They smash the plastic seats; rip out wiring; destroy the referee's box; trash the main stand; remove the track and its' machinery and dismantle safety fences. At the end of the day, this wasn't a repo job. It was pure, intentional destruction; causing tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage. Given the timeframe for repair (and subsequent inspections, regulatory safety certification, etc.) and costs, it makes repair beyond the scope of Mick Horton.

4. Whilst this is happening, Horton is conveniently across The Atlantic.

5. It transpires that the deal Horton secured for Speedway continuing up to 3 years by hiring the stadium, did not involve an inventory of assets; nor any signed legal agreement between Horton and the Brandon Property Company. Given the 'apparent' bad blood between both parties (Sandhu and Horton), would any sane individual, indeed 'businessmen', enter into such a flakey agreement?

6. It is rumoured that Sandhu actually has a stake in said company. If so, they were not mediators; nor could they be impartial in these particular dealings?

7. People know apparently that Horton does not have the funds to make good the damage - and who would anyway, even if they could afford it? Although the agreement was 'up to 3 years', Speedway was only guaranteed for the 2017 Season. It would take an absolute idiot to invest in high cost remedial works when there is only potentially one season to recoup some of your expenditure.

8. Horton already appears to be giving up taking a legal challenge; stating he'd understand if signed riders looked elsewhere. 20 miles up the M69 possibly?

9. Sandhu destroys Brandon Stadium and it is quickly demolished. No year 1; let alone year 2 & 3 to get in the way of building development being delayed.

10. Sandhu gives Horton 'a nice little earner' to keep schtum; and move the team to Leicester. Costs a few quid for a year or two; but enables him to get on with his multi-million £ property development with less fuss; whilst also relieving him of his previous commitment to find the Bees a new stadium.

So genuinely gutted for you all. As said before, Brandon holds a special place in my heart; having been the first away track I ever drove to as an 18 year old lad in '82; and a chance to see one of my all-time heroes, Ole Olsen, on his home shale.

I so very much hope I am wrong. But this entire situation doesn't smell of roses; but more like what people put on them to make them grow.

TRULY GUTTED FOR YOU ALL. :(

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 9

you don't get it do you we don't want to go to Leicester

According to the Telegraph there is a deal on the table. Will it be signed?

you don't get it do you we don't want to go to Leicester

A move to Leicester would only work if it was only for a year and there was a track waiting after that year. Pointless otherwise.