British Speedway Forum

I don't believe that Buster would be in any way involved in the above X-File you've just set out...

I'd like to think not.

However, isn't it just a little strange that to date, and with the fixtures just a few weeks away, Leicester haven't yet signed, nor Re-contracted, a SINGLE rider?

If he doesn't have some inside knowledge of how the Brandon scenario is going to pan out, then he's taking a bit of a risk, isn't he?

• Like 2

I'm not sure the detective story Ihave just read is true but it certainly makes one think there is a lot of sense to be considered .What I see in Speedway Star that Leicester are now sorted and will be signing riders in the near future. As they say in advertising "Watch this space" !!

Great post sums up the exsct state of Speedway 201)/7 sorry this reply is to voice of reason

Edited by abbo

Meanwhile, according to Companies House, Brandon Estates Ltd, who were registered in Sutton Coldfield, were actually dissolved on 3rd November 2015.

Probably the only bit that's not accurate as I believe I'm right in saying this is a different company entirely to the one registered in Jersey..... or wherever it is.

Probably the only bit that's not accurate as I believe I'm right in saying this is a different company entirely to the one registered in Jersey..... or wherever it is.

Yes this Brandon Estates is based in Jersey so isn't at companies house.

Just saw the same ones on twitter. Damage doesn't look as bad as described in the papers esp not to the building. It's mainly the seats and floodlights.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffdavies170/status/817118322915471360

It's been tidied up since the last set of photos. Unfortunately it doesn't stop the fact we need the track, fencing and floodlights fixed.

Just saw the same ones on twitter. Damage doesn't look as bad as described in the papers esp not to the building. It's mainly the seats and floodlights. https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffdavies170/status/817118322915471360

These photos smack of propaganda to me - only showing "the good bits"

I admire Jeff's speedway photos but there's something not right here

Show us the track, fencing, shale, floodlights, circuit wall, main stand viewing areas . . .

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 2

Show us the track, fencing, shale, floodlights, circuit wall, main stand viewing areas . . .

Fully agree with this. I couldn't care any less about the 'background' things all that matters is a track that is fit and safe enough to run. It isn't at present. The Ricoh is a great facility but it wouldn't be much good if there was a hole instead of a pitch. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

I see the reference to the next meeting being in March 2017 has now been removed from the website.

No it hasn't

...y Mark Pawsey ... his preferred option would be a scheme similar to Swindons ...

And that one's coming along nicely too, isn't it? Check the other thread for the dismay at the lack of progress there.

And that one's coming along nicely too, isn't it? Check the other thread for the dismay at the lack of progress there.

But of course theyve moved stadiums. I'd hope if Brandon had a similar project the stadium would stay where it is!

Pointless photos they only show the bits we can do without. We need a track, fencing, and preferably some seats but if it comes to it we can do without them !
  • Like 1

Just got back. From Brandon.

I had some business today in Grantham and came back via Leicester, Coventry, M40, A34, and found myself at the tgi Friday roundabout at the bottom of Binley Woods. So I turned right and went a mile up the road to have a look for myself.

The place is completely closed up. No one home. Barriers to car park locked up so couldn't see anything.

Thought I would pass on this completely useless piece of information.

• Like 1