British Speedway Forum

Coventry have a challenge meeting 19th March at Peterborough.

Hmmm.

Not the best of fixturing (and where have I heard that before).

There is a certain meeting at Wolves that day involving Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy, Michael Max and others celebrating Peter Karlson's final bow.

An unfortunate conflict of sporting interest.

• Like 1

Hmmm.

There is a certain meeting at Wolves that day involving Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy, Michael Max and others celebrating Peter Karlson's final bow.

Don't think there is.

If you are a Panthers or Cov fan you will probably go Peterborough.

PK will still attract a bigger audience I reckon.

Don't think there is.

There's certainly a conflict in my household! I want to go to Peterborough and himself wants to go to Wolves.All I can say is that it's a blooming long walk to Wolves. :D

I agree that PK will attract a big audience

• Like 5

Hmmm.

None of the Peterborough or Coventry riders have been named in the PK meeting.

Fans have a choice which to watch. Most speedway meetings will be on the same night as another meeting once the season starts

• Like 1

There's certainly a conflict in my household! I want to go to Peterborough and himself wants to go to Wolves.All I can say is that it's a blooming long walk to Wolves. :D

I know where I'll be going ~ weather permitting. :lol: I reckon PK will do okay with a good number of Wolves, Cradley and Birmingham fans likely to attend, plus one Bees fan. :wink:

• Like 1

I'll happily give Fd a lift to Wolves

Don't think there is.

It may look a bigger crowd as fans have no choice but to stand together in one area at Wolves (poor for fans & riders) where as you have a choice where to stand or sit at the showground which I think will get a far bigger crowd than a testimonial of a swede.

Is TW riding in it ?

As I said on the Havvy testimonial v ELRC debate a few years ago, Speedway shouldn't stop for a day for any rider. Of course PK deserves one but it shouldn't mean speedway in the UK stop for him.

• Like 2

It may look a bigger crowd as fans have no choice but to stand together in one area at Wolves (poor for fans & riders) where as you have a choice where to stand or sit at the showground which I think will get a far bigger crowd than a testimonial of a swede.

Is TW riding in it ?

It will get a bigger crowd. Only a troll would suggest otherwise. Doesn't matter where it was hosted.

Why don't you ask PK if he has invited him.

As I said on the Havvy testimonial v ELRC debate a few years ago, Speedway shouldn't stop for a day for any rider. Of course PK deserves one but it shouldn't mean speedway in the UK stop for him.

It doesn't for him or anyone tho?

It will get a bigger crowd. Only a troll would suggest otherwise. Doesn't matter where it was hosted.

Why don't you ask PK if he has invited him.

It doesn't for him or anyone tho?

Typical name calling, you never fail.

So you have failed to say if Wolves Golden Boy will return for his ex team mate big day.

What about thinking of the supporters? PK was very well respected during his Peterborough days. Sure there are several that would attend both meetings. Lost opportunity!

• Like 1

So you have failed to say if Wolves Golden Boy will return for his ex team mate big day.

Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't know?

What about thinking of the supporters? PK was very well respected during his Peterborough days. Sure there are several that would attend both meetings. Lost opportunity!

Supporters can choose. No one complains when other riders had a testimonial then other meetings are arranged on the same date. It happens, it's always happened. On the day of Chris Harris testimonial, Scunthorpe had a meeting no one said they shouldn't run a meeting because it clashed.

• Like 1

To be clear. I think it is unfortunate that Peterborough and Coventry have chosen to run on this day (and at exactly the same time).

As an avid Bees fan and considering their current troubles and given that this will be their opening meeting of the season, of course I want to be there.

On the other hand I have great respect for Peter Karlson and think it is appropriate that any fan who has supported the sport throughout his career should show their their thanks for his contribution.

It's not as though the Peterborough meeting could not have avoided this clash. It looks like an oversight.

Oh well. You can't have everything, eh?

• Like 1

Typical name calling, you never fail.

typical trolling bring Tai up and saying how Wolves don't get as big a crowd as Peterborough.

Expected trolling retort.

As I said if you want to know who PK has invited why don't you ask him?

I'm not on his testimonial committee team.