British Speedway Forum

You need a local Lottery Winner... I said I would buy the Lions if I won reasonably big.... Actually got the first 5 numbers drawn out one Wednesday, couldn't get the sixth or bonus ball to get 6... Kept checking lottery results to see how much we'd won, gave up at 2am and went bed...

Got up at 5.30 for work, chucked the TV on, and guess how much we'd won.....

£568 yes, a miserly £568!!!

That's Five Hundred and Sixty Eight Pounds, just in case you think I missed any zeros off!!!

It had usually been at least a grand an a half for 5 numbers in those days...

To say I was disappointed is another matter!!!!!

My brother and a mate have both had 5 numbers, both were jumping about until the reality it them. 5 numbers doesn't change your life but another one would , they went from jumping about to being peed off even tho they had won money

Perhaps Sandhu sorry Brandon Estates thought otherwise about giving Horton any sponsor money

I thought Brandon Estates were going to be the main Bees sponsor for 2017.

I don't think they were going to be title sponsor

Perhaps Sandhu sorry Brandon Estates thought otherwise about giving Horton any sponsor money

I think Sandhu is helping us with funds, while we are at Leicester at least.

I don't think they were going to be title sponsor

I think Sandhu is helping us with funds, while we are at Leicester at least.

Well that won't be for long

• Like 1

I am not a betting man but I would put a tenner on Coventry not completing the season's fixtures. It has just been a makeover to keep up the necessary numbers for the Sky contract. What odds can I get?

You might well win your bet but the Sky contract needs 8 teams so Coventry would have made no difference as they make number 9 in the league. :wink:

• Like 2

They were but that was before the falling out

before sandhu fell out with himself and then Horton

50/50 not running next year. Anyone know why?

Because of our great leader, he wants the money towards a new stadium fund !! It's not a surprise and shows the man for what he is.

Sad that a good cause that has helped riders in the past has had to end but right that it won't go into his pocket.

Edited by Coventry_Bee

I don't see a quick return to Brandon under current ownership and unlikely that BSPA would push it either.

Chapman acquired a lease for a Speedway Stadium, doubled the tenants and moved it on. Leicester won't want to lose income either.

I was always suspicious of Horton's intentions but the plans during last season for a new track seemed odd. The plans were amateurish and seemed more like a pitch to local Councils to get free land.

If Horton had a new stadium and land on a plate, it increases his assets far quicker than having to actually promote the sport and get fans in.

Brandon wasn't going anywhere, it was needless. The Coventry Bees brand is tarnished beyond finding a decent sponsor in its current state.

• Like 1

Something about a stadium fund. We can raise money in other ways for a stadium fund but the 50/50 must stay. Also if there is to be a fund it must be run by members of the Save cov speedway group and not just one person.

As for the sponsors one of the local coach companies should be contacted especially as the club will need to use one this season. Might give fans very cheap travel.

Edited by woz01

Just to be clear, there could be a 50/50 this season but it won't be run independently by the NSSC.

Before the end of last season Mick Horton advised the NSSC that they were welcome to run the 50/50 in 2017 as long as the proceeds went to a 'Future home fund', not to the riders as usual. The NSSC canvassed regular ticket buyers at the ELRC, took a straw poll at an NSSC event and also a vote at the AGM. The overwhelming response was that supporters wished to continue donating the proceeds to the Storm riders and the Bees reserves. This conflicts with the Bees management's preferred use of the funds so the NSSC has reluctantly withdrawn from managing the 50/50 Draw.

Mick Horton thanked the NSSC for their efforts over the years.

Russ Bott NSSC

Edited by oleoleole
  • Like 2

Well I wouldn't be giving anything towards a stadium fund. Who knows where the money would end up. Anyway, what does it mean exactly? Putting right the present stadium or towards building a new one? I very much doubt if the latter will ever happen and I thought Sandhu was in charge of sorting out the former.

• Like 4

Well I wouldn't be giving anything towards a stadium fund. Who knows where the money would end up. Anyway, what does it mean exactly? Putting right the present stadium or towards building a new one? I very much doubt if the latter will ever happen and I thought Sandhu was in charge of sorting out the former.

I think "the stadium fund" is 21st century speak for the pocket in the rear of Mr Horton's trousers. :lol:

• Like 7

He definitely doesn't help himself with the ideas he comes up with.