British Speedway Forum

I'm staggered that anyone would pay £200,000 for a speedway club :o

We have/had many assets which is probably why it was that much. Although I have to say with the precarious position the club was in regarding the stadium I'm astounded someone took it on.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 3

Danny King who was his captain and was interviewed on CWR confirmed that he had heard nothing from the club to this day, so Bjerre and King at least are contradicting what Horton has claimed. It is hard to understand why Horton would claim something, that riders had already stated hadn't happened. It will surely now call into question the validity of everything else he says. The one good thing at least,is that he now accepts, he needs to go,for the club to have any chance of survival.

I do find this odd, considering he was quite specific saying he informed the riders at 11:16 - suggests an electronic record. I know they all moaned about not hearing before the BSPA announcement but he apologised for that. And in any case, for me the club's survival is more important than when he told the riders - the BSPA could have also told them, considering they presumably became BSPA assets on the Friday?

Also about not knowing what Fridays meeting was about, hence why he didn't attend!

Wasn't it about the MDL/SDL withdrawal from league speedway and the mess that level is in? If not, what was it about? maybe Neil W can answer? I think the BSPA, once they knew Belle Vue and Leicester were ok, looked at the SKY money and thought well, we each get more if there's only 8 of us rather than 9 :D

I'm staggered that anyone would pay £200,000 for a speedway club :o

Seems cheap to me, given the assets that come with that.

• Like 1

I wonder if Horton will still receive the loan money for Coventry owned riders or will the BSPA bank that money ?

• Like 1

We have/had many assets which is probably why it was that much. Although I have to say with the precarious position the club was in regarding the stadium I'm astounded someone took it on.

Although having said this we were told by Jeremy Heaver that sports have tens of years left at Brandon and even in 2013 it was announced we had a 10 year lease.

I would be interested to know what the "more important matters within the sport" are that are referred to in Horton's statement. They must be huge if they are bigger than closing the Bees down!

• Like 2

Indeed, that was the point i was trying to make. You nailed it perfectly :t:

• Like 2

Their decision was relayed to me during that evening, and rightly or wrongly I waited for the BSPA press release which arrived Sunday morning. I read this at 11.00am and notified the riders at 11.16.

Saddened that someone could tell a blatent lie about informing the riders if he didn't because in these days of social media it was obvious the riders could say otherwise and make it known within minutes/hours. Mind you if it was a lie he's not the only one who's been doing the same during this sorry saga. Hard to know who to believe. :neutral:

Saddened that someone could tell a blatent lie about informing the riders if he didn't because in these days of social media it was obvious the riders could say otherwise and make it known within minutes/hours. Mind you if it was a lie he's not the only one who's been doing the same during this sorry saga. Hard to know who to believe. :neutral:

I spoke to one of the riders and he said he knew nothing until he saw the statement. He hadn't heard a word before then. Disgraceful.

• Like 1

It's been suggested that he relayed the bspa statement to the riders but that's it nothing from the club to the riders. Poor.

• Like 1

Horton wants to send Hancock a bill for the £30,000 Coventry paid for him from Cradley ,

In a strange way I feel for them all. None I am sure went into this wanting this outcome. All I am sure if we could go back to September they would do things differently.

All have a twist on what they think is the truth.

Horton- has lost money

Sandhu- no stox income, may hold the fixtures but not attracting crowds like Brandon.

Brandon Estates- purchased the land legally.

On the radio Yesterday Buster mentioned we were in a mess coming into the season just gone so it's a ticking time bomb, Wayne Roberts said it was the banks that forced the sale of Brandon. If Sandhu is a multi millionaire and wants to buy land and build a stadium and was willing to pay the whole rent for this year then why was Brandon on its arse?

A time comes when a line is drawn under the past, even if it was in black and white who actually did what it would still be challenged and it's a waste of time and energy.

Trying to find a buyer and us showing we have a good fan base to make it viable is what we need.What is the club value worth now as we have many riders on the books who at the time we at their peak and now towards the end of their career.

Pointing blame, looking to see where Sandhu sits in Brandon estates .. why? It won't change anything. It's gone, done with. I am going to enjoy an impartial year following Rye House, a few visits to Leicester, Wolverhampton and Belle Vue.

Still so much to fight for so stop looking back and let's hope with Jeff Davies and co it could open a new look Coventry in the very near future.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 2

Horton wants to send Hancock a bill for the £30,000 Coventry paid for him from Cradley ,

That appears to be an astonishing claim. On what basis is it being made? Why should a rider be charged for a deal when presumably transfers are between clubs? Where has this claim by Horton against Hancock been publicised elsewhere?

Like your goodself speedibee on the face of what you have posted I am simply bewildered by it.

We are now rudderless and need a leader otherwise it will need someone to pursue whereas go from here