British Speedway Forum

So Bees gone and talk of SKY dropping speedway (I only rejoined SKY Sport for the speedway and don't have BT Sport!)

Anybody else want a kick while I'm down?

I'm you son and will be after 18 years worth of maintenance because of your incompetence & neglect.

Happy Tuesday :drink:

• Like 1

Very sad indeed and it did seem ineviatable over the last few months, I feel for the Bees fans and fear for the sport in this country.

How the hell is David Rowe going to save the club. Is he a secret millionaire?

where did I say he could buy the stadium read the post

The 50/50 has been run by the NSSC at Brandon for many years. The current committee have run it since 2004.

We will miss selling tickets to hundreds of customers at every meeting, particularly the regulars who always stop for a quick chat.

For those that are interested and those that bought tickets here is where your money went; https://twitter.com/nsscspeedway/status/836594477867364354

Thank you.

• Like 3

Very sad indeed and it did seem ineviatable over the last few months, I feel for the Bees fans and fear for the sport in this country.

I don't think speedway will completely die in the UK, but I do think that the present set-up of teams and clubs will end over the next five to 10 years.

It will mean as I see it something on the format as in the USA and Australia. Open meetings served by a pool of riders competing at most tracks...but even then fewer circuits than of now and possibly not weekly meetings.

It could even see the meetings promoted by one group.

Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu to operate at Brandon not Horton. Horton wasn't prepared to sign the lease until Sandhu was allowed to run his stox as he needed his money. Even if Horton did sign the lease Sandhu would've took his stuff anyway because he wasn't allowed to operate at Brandon Stadium. Why do you think Horton had to get a new lease instead of Sandhu extending his?

thats not what sandhu is sayin , the agreement was made 3 times for sandhu to run stocks but horton never signed the lease , y didnt horton sign it , he kept changin the terms is what people are saying

Perhaps it's this? http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83639

Well they would be the best wouldn't they? Both loaded and able to pay out the top rates which is all that matters to riders.

the way he said it wasnt all to do with money , he said they were forward thinking and looking to do something with the future of speedway , look what we have now a draconian bspa who havent got a

clue how to promote the sport

No I don't have trust in Horton either but I was talking about the stadium issue.

It's quite common knowledge that Brandon Estates don't want Sandhu operating at Brandon. I have no issue with Sandhu taking his stuff I'd have done the same in his situation with what I hear now. The problem is Horton had to get the lease as Brandon Estates wouldn't let Sandhu extending his, Sandhu extending would've made more sense don't you think? Horton needed Sandhu (money and equipment) which Sandhu was prepared to do but Brandon Estates continually blocked it. It was virtually game over once Brandon Estates got the police involved. I don't think the situation would be any different if the stadium was fit and ready to go.

Cllr Stokes statement is probably the only one any of us can really trust

horton had got the lease from brandon estates .... the problem was horton not willing to agree to deals arranged with sandhu mainly because of there chequered past of not getttin on and here lies the problem acting like children the deal was sorted 3 times but every time horton didnt sign the lease , what was he doing havin a holiday in america when he was supposed to be signing the lease anyway....

so why should hancock get away with it

Hancock seems to be allowed to get away with whatever the hell he likes, short changing fans the biggest crime, yet somehow he is still hero worshipped in the UK.

• Like 4

Hancock seems to be allowed to get away with whatever the hell he likes, short changing fans the biggest crime, yet somehow he is still hero worshipped in the UK.

Not by all I can't stand him and think lots lost respect after Aus GP

• Like 4

thats not what sandhu is sayin , the agreement was made 3 times for sandhu to run stocks but horton never signed the lease , y didnt horton sign it , he kept changin the terms is what people are saying

the way he said it wasnt all to do with money , he said they were forward thinking and looking to do something with the future of speedway , look what we have now a draconian bspa who havent got a

clue how to promote the sport

horton had got the lease from brandon estates .... the problem was horton not willing to agree to deals arranged with sandhu mainly because of there chequered past of not getttin on and here lies the problem acting like children the deal was sorted 3 times but every time horton didnt sign the lease , what was he doing havin a holiday in america when he was supposed to be signing the lease anyway....

This came from Jeremy Heaver and you believe it? Tell me then if Sandhu was allowed to run stox why didn't he just extend the lease instead of getting Horton to do it? Why get someone else to do it but still pay for everything? Why was Sandhu adamant that 2016 would be the last? All parties have pretty much said there is an issue between Sandhu and Brandon Estates yet some still seem to dismiss it. If there was no issue then stadium would be all ready to race wouldn't it? Sandhu wouldve negotiated his own lease with them and he wouldn't need to cancel 2 stox fixtures. Maybe one day Sandhu and Brandon Estates can turn things around and sort it but it's highly unlikely. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

As a Leicester Fan I don't really want to intrude on the Bee's fans grief but I really think that you should concentrate all your efforts on trying to get the Bees back on track in some shape or form rather than continuing all this bickering and playing the blame game. I am afraid that that is all water under the bridge now and the Bees will not be running in 2017!

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 2

This came from Jeremy Heaver and you believe it? Tell me then if Sandhu was allowed to run stox why didn't he just extend the lease instead of getting Horton to do it? Why get someone else to do it but still pay for everything? Why was Sandhu adamant that 2016 would be the last? All parties have pretty much said there is an issue between Sandhu and Brandon Estates yet some still seem to dismiss it. If there was no issue then stadium would be all ready to race wouldn't it? Sandhu wouldve negotiated his own lease with them and he wouldn't need to cancel 2 stox fixtures. Maybe one day Sandhu and Brandon Estates can turn things around and sort it but it's highly unlikely.

it came from wayne roberts on bbc coventry and warwickshire last night

Is he?

I'm you son and will be after 18 years worth of maintenance because of your incompetence & neglect.

Happy Tuesday :drink:

And for those of us whose first language is English?

• Like 1