British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Sheffield 12.8.16.

It's been mentioned on another thread that the fixture list is one of the major problems with British Speedway at the moment, and this is just further proof.

Let's hope Josh is fully recovered by next weekend.

The northern tour would've been tough with a full team but going depleted means that getting anything from next weekend will prove difficult. Hopefully, Charlie will be back for Berwick and Jake is back for the meeting at Glasgow :t:

Not too much to add to Drew's post, only to say a decent crowd witnessed some top class racing with the aforementioned brilliant rides from Starkey. Jake Allen, despite his obvious disappointment in shedding his second chain on the start line (his sheer anguish could be heard from where I was stood!), was once again involved in some great races. His battles with Howarth and especially Bates in heat 8 were simply superb.

Jason Garrity is certainly an extraordinary character. After crashing in one race, Ambulance staff raced to assist him but they were sent on their way by the Mancunian with some choice words!! Strange lad.

Sheffield definitely arrived st the OTA thinking they had a chance of nicking a point or two and their riders were certainly fired up from the start. An animated Simon Stead led a team meeting after heat 8 at the entrance to the pit gates urging his team mates on.

A mention to Ez Curtis and the track staff last night who managed to repair a hole that appeared from nowhere on the 3rd and 4th bend in rapid time, causing only a 5 minute delay to proceedings.

• Like 4

Jake is riding in the u21 world team cup final next weekend, so we will be without him and Wrighty at Edinburgh and Berwick (possibly). It would be good if we could get Palovaara at Edinburgh for Jake and run R/R for Charlie.

Palovaara guesting at Edinburgh, ive a feeling that meeting will succumb to the weather, just like Plymouth found out!

Enjoyed the racing last night...got absolutely plastered in dirt off the exit of bend 2...was just like the old days. The missus wasn't impressed though lol

Sadly had to leave before the end, due to having to catch a train.

Was hoping to get to see the meeting in it's entirety but that was never going to happen, due to the length of time it's taking to run meetings these days.

So many tapes exclusions and unsatisfactory starts recently. What with that, the track grading and then an Interval...why do we need an interval?

Why do we need 2 hours for 15 mins worth of racing?

• Like 1

Was quite impressed with dimitri berge last night ,could turn out to be France's best yet

Edited by Tracy Bird

What team news is that?

Jake is riding in the u21 world team cup final next weekend, so we will be without him and Wrighty at Edinburgh and Berwick (possibly). It would be good if we could get Palovaara at Edinburgh for Jake and run R/R for Charlie.

Not sure Charles is allowed back until Glasgow at earliest (9 days?) and I understand from what Jake said on Radio Bristol earlier he is away all weekend as he is driving to Sweden for U21 WTC after home meeting next Weds. I also think you might find Swindon are riding at Belle Vue next Friday as well so no Josh anyway even if he is fit for that one. Dan Bewley was mentioned as Zach's replacement on Saturday and Sunday.

Not sure Charles is allowed back until Glasgow at earliest (9 days?) and I understand from what Jake said on Radio Bristol earlier he is away all weekend as he is driving to Sweden for U21 WTC after home meeting next Weds. I also think you might find Swindon are riding at Belle Vue next Friday as well so no Josh anyway even if he is fit for that one. Dan Bewley was mentioned as Zach's replacement on Saturday and Sunday.

So it'll be like this? :

@ Edinburgh: 1. Guest, 2. Guest or R/R, 3. Guest or R/R, 4. Paul, 5. Rohan, 6. Brad, 7. Guest

@ Berwick: 1. Josh , 2. Guest or R/R, 3. Guest or R/R, 4. Paul, 5. Rohan, 6. Brad, 7. Bewley

@ Glasgow: 1. Josh , 2. R/R, 3. Charlie, 4. Paul, 5. Rohan, 6. Brad, 7. Bewley

Edited by RH92

Makes a mockery of speedway if that's the case.

It's about injuries and dates I think. Bad luck on the Rebels that we have two maybe three injuries plus an international event when we have three meetings on top of one another. I'm sure Gary and the guys will make the best of what we have though. The regular guys will give their all I'm sure. We have had a good run of no injuries, but like London buses they all come at once🙄

Don't we get first dibbs on Josh and Rohan for the Friday fixture.

• Like 1

So it'll be like this? :

@ Edinburgh: 1. Guest, 2. Guest or R/R, 3. Guest or R/R, 4. Paul, 5. Rohan, 6. Brad, 7. Guest

@ Berwick: 1. Josh , 2. Guest or R/R, 3. Guest or R/R, 4. Paul, 5. Rohan, 6. Brad, 7. Bewley

@ Glasgow: 1. Josh , 2. R/R, 3. Charlie, 4. Paul, 5. Rohan, 6. Brad, 7. Bewley

Christ....

It's about injuries and dates I think. Bad luck on the Rebels that we have two maybe three injuries plus an international event when we have three meetings on top of one another. I'm sure Gary and the guys will make the best of what we have though. The regular guys will give their all I'm sure. We have had a good run of no injuries, but like London buses they all come at once

Got a feeling Josh is Swindon 'doubling down' as his contract is owned at EL level so they get first call for original fixtures. Rohan i think is still PL owned (Ippo??) so we get priority on him. I may be wrong on this though or just making it up as i go along but that is speedway for you! :rofl:

Christ....

What average is he on??

Palovaara guesting at Edinburgh, ive a feeling that meeting will succumb to the weather, just like Plymouth found out!

Now now MD what are you suggesting.