British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Kings Lynn Elb. 7/09/16

Tatum and Pearson will be happy watching this one sided meeting. They can say how good Poole are a nd how great Matt Ford is. After all they are desperate for Poole to win the league again.

Is Tatum still involved at Lakeside?

What a total rubbish meeting for sky to put on for neutral watchers !!! Be another chance for pearson and tatum to say what a wonderful manager middleditch :icon_smile_clown: is and what a fantastic promoter ford :approve: is. After all

the whole sky sports team want poole to win the league whatever the crap meetings shown.

All poole fans want are huge home wins not worrying what rubbish teams the oppo put out so they will be enormously happy again with a 30 point win. :approve:

i agree the meeting is poor i am not all poole fans i go to see decent speedway win or lose thats the reason i am not going 65 25 dose not appeal to me like last time the stars were at wimborne road please dont class poole supporters all the same thank you

• Like 1

It's not going to be a classic tonight- However, Sky had the choice of

Showing Wolves V Poole, a week after showing two Wolves home meetings

Showing Belle Vue V Leicester, also likely to be one-sided

Showing the match they are going with, or

Showing nothing at all this week

Any choice would have someone complaining, that's for sure.

Hopefully, Kings Lynn can put up a bit of a fight.

Next week is Belle Vue V Poole, followed by the play offs, so I think I can forgive Sky for showing this one

• Like 1

Sorry to disagree with Alan Horne but not all Poole fans want a huge home win it proves nothing ,but a good close meeting with us getting the three points and the away team going home pointless is much more satisfying as 3 points earned is more of an exciting night out

So tell me gimli27 why do middleditch and ford manoeuvre the rules and regulations year in year out so they can put a team together like now with an ex GP rider at reserve ???

Alan R Horne, on 07 Sept 2016 - 3:16 PM, said:

So tell me gimli27 why do middleditch and ford manoeuvre the rules and regulations year in year out so they can put a team together like now with an ex GP rider at reserve ???

Because they can !!

• Like 1

What a total rubbish meeting for sky to put on for neutral watchers !!! Be another chance for pearson and tatum to say what a wonderful manager middleditch :icon_smile_clown: is and what a fantastic promoter ford :approve: is. After all

the whole sky sports team want poole to win the league whatever the crap meetings shown.

All poole fans want are huge home wins not worrying what rubbish teams the oppo put out so they will be enormously happy again with a 30 point win. :approve:

Nonsense.

• Like 2

They don't manoeuvre the rule so that they can have an ex gp rider at reserve, that is a consequence of building a solid team and a change in the EDR rules which lets them go in to the main body of the team dictated by the averages. Contrary to popular opinion Matt and Middlo don't make the rules.

• Like 2

He is, but it was made clear at the outset that his media work comes first. If Lakeside are racing on the same night as a Sky broadcast Kelvin does his Sky commentary and Jon Cook stands in as team manager, although on one occasion recently Paul Hurry stood in as TM.

Yes he's the club coach. I remember a few years ago when some were saying that Sky, and if memory serves Tatum in particular, disliked Poole. How the tables have turned...or is it some on here just post poop?

He is, but it was made clear at the outset that his media work comes first. If Lakeside are racing on the same night as a Sky broadcast Kelvin does his Sky commentary and Jon Cook stands in as team manager, although on one occasion recently Paul Hurry stood in as TM.

Jon Cook IS the team manager, Kelvin is just the coach.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/details/

Edited by chris4gillian

i agree the meeting is poor i am not all poole fans i go to see decent speedway win or lose thats the reason i am not going 65 25 dose not appeal to me like last time the stars were at wimborne road please dont class poole supporters all the same thank you

That is why most fans go including Poole fans, we like to win who doesn't but there is no pleasure in watching a thrashing with not much actual racing. It is not Poole's fault the opposition doesn't look too competitive.

• Like 2

Steve comes on and lets everyone know that Poole were the big underdogs V Wolves on Monday and that they will do well to make a match of it....

Doesn't matter who we have booked we will still get beaten fairly easily.

Wanted to make it up for this but doubt it will happen as I am in Lewes in Sussex on Monday.

however, KL fans say exactly the same thing and....

Never read such codswollap. Poole are also missing two heat leaders so that evens it up somewhat. Look at the team Poole had to put out at Monmore on Monday and we still got a point.

Forecast is good the sun is beating down and I for one am
Looking forward to an entertaining meeting. Toft a very good guest.

it's poor old Poole again! The bookies favourites are clearly disadvantaged and this will now be a close match. Tungate and Kennett have never ridden the track before and should help even the sides up and PUK is a very minor loss for the Stars. Admittedly Harris rides Poole well, particularly when he has been run over first, however, I cant believe KL fans would swap the two over.

The fact that KL have Branford and Wilkinson at reserve should help keep it close against the former GP star and Number 1 draft rider from last season..

This must be the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel...

• Like 1

Steve comes on and lets everyone know that Poole were the big underdogs V Wolves on Monday and that they will do well to make a match of it....

however, KL fans say exactly the same thing and....

it's poor old Poole again! The bookies favourites are clearly disadvantaged and this will now be a close match. Tungate and Kennett have never ridden the track before and should help even the sides up and PUK is a very minor loss for the Stars. Admittedly Harris rides Poole well, particularly when he has been run over first, however, I cant believe KL fans would swap the two over.

The fact that KL have Branford and Wilkinson at reserve should help keep it close against the former GP star and Number 1 draft rider from last season..

This must be the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel...

Think you will find Belle Vue are the bookies favourites

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/speedway/british/speedway-elite-league/winner