British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

From what I have seen he has been excellent and should be retained.

He ours... should be back at Poole.

I know he's a little unpredictable, but he is a racer and good entertainment... and that's what it's all about :-)

IMO Niels should return to Britain in 2018. No GP's anymore for him (I cant see NKI getting a wildcard).

Why let the Polish rule you. NKI has suffered big time this season due to the Polish rule.

If he has to drop out of the top tier in Poland (Forget about the money) then so be it. Do Denmark, Poland (2nd division), Sweden & Britain

Have a feeling he will be returning, maybe closer than we think....

Why no announcement of the use of the re-admission ticket for the RH match? Straight in on your rain-off ticket or how much is to be knocked off? And can Poole fans apply for a refund? The announcement of the new date should have included these things.

• Like 1

5 minutes before the interval on the 13th;

"Got the statement ready boss?"

"Oh yeah, I'd better think of something...."

• Like 1

5 minutes before the interval on the 13th;

"Got the statement ready boss?"

"Oh yeah, I'd better think of something...."

We have signed KK making him the highest paid rider in British speedway history!

The last meeting against Rye House on the other hand may just be a meeting where all the riders can go out and race, earn their money, enjoy it, no pressure from anyone but themselves, bit like an end of season meeting should be eh ... well apart from Stars Pride which has been a little displaced eh ... go Stars!!!

I've been a rather vocal critic of Buster in the past and probably will be in the future. However I did support his stand on Holder and Batchelor and most of the rest of this seasons farce followed on from that. The double header......well we all saw what happened at Wolves last night, down to 4 riders and that certainly wasn't Buster's fault.

He is who he is, and I doubt he will change at his age. So folk have two choices, stick with him and support him next season or give up all together.

I gave up some time ago but if the sport does go down the one big league/regional all same level league and we have less of the prima donnas I could well be tempted back IF and I appreciate it is a big if, fans are treated with more respect and the entertainment level increases. Get rid of a few of the more stupid rules would help too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is speedway has been a massive part of my life (as it has most of the rest on here) and I would hate to see it go. I'm not sure someone else taking over the complete promotion would necessarily be a good thing, the Waggy era didn't end well :wink: .Very mixed feelings at the moment ;) Much as I disagree with Trees on some things I can see her point of view

You two have surely been converted, both have had their brains removed and replaced with Buster logic... How you can come on here and make out everything is ok is beyond me. This Buster logic has all but destroyed our Speedway, and you say you cant blame him. Of course we can blame him, he is the one in charge of the Club, he is the one picking the riders, he is the one who cancels meetings, he is the one who agreed to race 5 nights on the trot. All the blame rest with him.

You talk about loyalty, but this is a two way thing. I've been loyal to the Stars for 50 odd years, never have I felt so abused by some of the antics Buster pulls. Sometimes I feel like a mushroom the way he keeps us in the dark, and the contempt he shows to the fans when wont comment on obvious issues. He demises everything by saying 'its gone now, we need to move on!' . It wouldn't be bad if we learnt from those mistakes, but it always does happens again.......

'Star Lady' and 'Trees' may think everything in the garden is rosy, but lets be real here. Blowing sunshine up Busters arse is not the answer. We need to make him realise the severe problems that exist at this Club... and he is the common denominator of them all.....

• Like 2

GRW I suggest you read what I post more carefully and not allow your frustration and anger to colour what you think I meam. I've been a critic of Buster for several years now, whereas you and a few others have only converted more recently.

The garden isn't rosy, I didn't come close to suggesting it was. It's full of weeds and thistles. I've known Buster for many years and wish you luck making him realise anything that differs from his opinion. Having said that if he keeps the club going, and it seems to be his intention from the latest PR, I for one will be grateful to him. I certainly won't stop criticising him if I think it necessary.

It hasn't all been his fault as I said before Holder and Batchelor had a fair part to play. Had they ridden with loyalty, and not just in the Poole debacle meeting but in all matches we wouldn't be having this debate? Their part in this seems to have been forgotten by some. Buster has made mistakes, he is annoying in the extreme by not respecting the fans but it's not all his fault.

Incidentally I've never blown sunshine up anyone's arse and have no intention of starting now. I attended the first ever meeting at Saddlebow Road and until 3 years ago missed very few meetings at home and went to evry away meeting I could get to and afford, so I suggest my record of attendance matches yours.

• Like 1

On my part, I'm doing my lil bit, together with others, to find ways of giving a little bit more to fans on race nights through the Supporters Club and our riders by way of Rider of the Night. All our members who have chosen their Rider of the Night, met the rider, had photo taken and watched from the centre have been happy. The kids who have been mascots, had pit walks, met and had photos taken, Sat on rider's bikes, watched from the centre have loved it, their enthusiasm is wonderful 😊

Just read what happened last night at Wolves when you're moaning. When the clutch drops the bullrubbish stops, it's a dangerous sport for them all, they deserve support if you enjoy speedway racing, it's no walk in the park!

• Like 2

I'll wait to see the statement in the press.

£17 to just hear a statement about 2018 is bullox

It's included in your season ticket.

It's included in your season ticket.

You mean the season ticket I put in the bin after the Wolves double header :lol::t:

I will go to the RH match and if there is no significant reduction I will take the matter to the County Court. Fans who paid for the double header have been defrauded. Man Up Buster and do the "right' thing if you still know what that is. There should be NO charge for those with that ticket and Poole fans who request a refund should get one. As the head of the BSPA, are they all to be tarred with the same brush as you of being crooked?

On my part, I'm doing my lil bit, together with others, to find ways of giving a little bit more to fans on race nights through the Supporters Club and our riders by way of Rider of the Night. All our members who have chosen their Rider of the Night, met the rider, had photo taken and watched from the centre have been happy. The kids who have been mascots, had pit walks, met and had photos taken, Sat on rider's bikes, watched from the centre have loved it, their enthusiasm is wonderful

Just read what happened last night at Wolves when you're moaning. When the clutch drops the bullrubbish stops, it's a dangerous sport for them all, they deserve support if you enjoy speedway racing, it's no walk in the park!

Please let me commend you for all your excellent work you do running the Supporters' Club. It is in deed a real positive addition to the speedway. I admire the time and effort you put in to promote the work the club does. What a pity Buster doesn't take a leaf out of your book and promote the sport the same way. Better still employ you as a PR role so keeping everyone up to date with ALL the facts..

As for what happened at Wolves the other night, Lynn Stars, without doubt is the weakest team in the Premiership. Come to think about it, we couldn't hold our own in the Champions' League.. Yes, most of the riders do put in the effort but that alone is not enough to justify paying top whack to get in.. What happened at Wolves was unfortunate, but when these kids ride 6 meetings in a week, they become tired. The track is not the easiest to master, so these situations are just waiting to happen. Name me another club who has been force to compete with only 4 riders like Lynn has this year.. That's the 3rd double header we have done this year and each has ended in disaster.

Probably the next time Buster cancels a meeting on a whim, he'll remember the consequences of the alternatives.

• Like 1

GRW 123 wrote " Probably the next time Buster cancels a meeting on a whim, he'll remember the consequences of the alternatives. "

That is the problem - Buster seems incapable of remembering such things, or even of thinking about who they affect ( the fans ) other than himself. I agree that Trees does a good job but it is peeing in the wind as they say. Unless Buster takes on someone who can forge a good communicative bridge with the fans and a co-promoter who DOES recognise the consequences of cancelling on a whim, and is prepared to argue the point, nothing will improve for KLS. Only when he is standing there with 200 fans and his staff of "yes Boss" people, will it come home to him that his way was not the best way after all. The speedway is no longer his main income stream and he can therefore continue to harden his resolve about how speedway should be run, both at King's Lynn at in the UK.

The Colts would have been forced to use four riders only at Cradley recently but we had a stand by rider in attendance.

The season at last, has finished. Its so disappointing our season has ended this early. We started out back in March, with huge potential, with high PO and KO Cup intentions, but finished up as Wooden spoon contenders. In the end we couldn't buy a win. Cant believe something that felt so good should have finished so poor. Probably, only the likes of Batch and Holder will gain any satisfaction from the way things turned out, but for the true followers of the Sport, this year has been a massive turn-off.

Its all too easy to point fingers, but the fact remains, the Club made some bad decisions. The way the fans are kept in the dark, and taken for a ride, amounts to contempt of the highest order. Yes, we have to move on, but not before we have learnt from these bad times, ensuring they never happen again...

As for the riders we used, some were good, some were poor, and those who I would welcome back.

Holder; Batchelor: Quality riders not always at their best. Both thought more of themselves than the Fans or the Club, Pleased they've gone.

Robert Lambert: Disappointed he hasn't progressed as quick as I thought he would. He has more ability than most, His scores are not as consistent as they ought to be. Obviously talented and has a grand future, but needs to put more importance into his riding, Too many excuses, and too many last places for someone who is supposed to be a future World Champion. Probably next year he'll step up, (Keep)

THJ: Massive disappointment. A mere shadow of the rider he once was. For him to stay he has to have a massive upturn in form. (Go)

MPT: Been around a long time, Development has been slow. But I feel next year could be his best. (Keep)

Huckenbeck: Started off brilliantly but faded as the season wore on. To me he didn't do enough as often as he ought. Unless total commitment (Go)

Jorgensen : Star of our season. a tremendous acquisition. (Keep)

Rose: Good early season form, Too injuries prone. (Go)

Porsing: Potentially good, but oh dear, always a problem, always an excuse. Had too many chances (Go)

Simon Lambert: Way past his best. Now not good enough . (Go)

Auty: Needs to belong somewhere. Too good to let go (Keep)

Bailey: Way out of his depth... (Go)

Promotions need to do a lot better...

• Like 3