British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I feel the chasm that has developed between KL and Chris Holder has been allowed to fester for too long now and has no chance of being healed. The only people who could have resolved this with CH were the promotion who appear to have been too silent on this for my liking.

I've just not taken the opinion of you and a few others and yeah of course we need to put that night behind us, we were 3rd/4th in the league and had just won away at Poole with reportedly THE best team spirit ever, having spoken to someone in the know, so I really do think some fans have blown everything out of proportion, these fans who are generally VERY negative towards the club full stop.

You make some interesting points, I always look forward to your posts. Regarding Kings Lynn, it was a very interesting insight from Lance King the other night, his time at Lynn!

• Like 1

so its deadline day +1 for a signing and STILL nothing from Lynn ... and they expect ppl to flock in to watch .............. what? r/r for Holder? the same old Batchelor??

Pffft - no imagination whatsoever.... :sad:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Where can that be found please?

Exactly! Speaks volumes, doesn't it!

Very Likely he's had the " mafia " whispering in his ear, hence no announcement.

Not that it's so important IMO , he was out of order and has been banned for his actions .

Grw

When the ban is up we have holder lambert and batchelor, not a bad heat leader trio at all

Jorgensen and Kai . Probably the best 2nd strings in the league.

Rose/porsing as the strong reserve with a homer in Simon lambert.

If your 1 of the ones thinking toft and sedge man should replace holder and Troy and that would be a great thing for lynn speedway then I want some of what you are on!

I would prefer holder apologise or be replaced but with what. I'm not a fan of holder at all but unless you can find a top line rider on a 7 average to replace him then it will be at a detriment. More people will be moaning about poor performances

It really was 1 rotten night. Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to build from that. Why announce nothing? Why sacrifice the season and replace decent riders with poorer quality riders.

It is quite funny that you expect to be told news when there isn't any to be given. We have a strong team when you look at it

• Like 3

If Lynn can get their track sorted out and sort out all the issues with certain riders they could still get to the play offs as Poole are in free fall at the moment, but they are going to have to get sorted fast.

Very Likely he's had the " mafia " whispering in his ear, hence no announcement.

Not that it's so important IMO , he was out of order and has been banned for his actions .

And will have served his ban...

And will have served his ban...

Quite right that he should too, he might consider himself fortunate that it was just 28 days, given his reported behaviour.

Grw

When the ban is up we have holder lambert and batchelor, not a bad heat leader trio at all

If your 1 of the ones thinking toft and sedge man should replace holder and Troy and that would be a great thing for lynn speedway then I want some of what you are on!

I would prefer holder apologise or be replaced but with what. I'm not a fan of holder at all but unless you can find a top line rider on a 7 average to replace him then it will be at a detriment. More people will be moaning about poor performances

It really was 1 rotten night. Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to build from that. Why announce nothing? Why sacrifice the season and replace decent riders with poorer quality riders.

It is quite funny that you expect to be told news when there isn't any to be given. We have a strong team when you look at it

we started the season with a potentailly strong team - yes ...but Holder took ages to get going and Batchelor has been poor of late and ofc both were involved in the Poole fiasco so that optimism has gone so better to start afresh for pt 2 of this season and maybe next imo.

How on earth can you say batchelor has been poor of late? One bad meeting scoring 4 points!!!!!

I'd suggest you get your facts right regarding the night of the home meeting against Poole.

People are very quick to come up with their own stories without knowing the facts

We need to get the spirit back and fast with the team we have.

They have the beating of most teams in the league and would be a good bet over two legs.

But we are gonna need to cover holders rides adequately or it will be game over.

Poole won't make the playoffs now but we need to keep our wits about us now rye house have signed kk...

Our team need us behind them and we need them. Dodgy management / track or not.

• Like 4

I bet you bloody would, hope it doesn't happen, they're ours!

I hope it does, they would be far better off on the south coast.. :D

I have not seen anything Official that Holder wanted to return to Poole

I have seen Nothing about Batchelor wanting to go to Swindon.

I have seen Nothing about Poole or Swindon wanting either back with them.

All i have seen is some (so called) supporter putting 4 and 5 together and making themselves believe it makes 15.

• Like 3

I have not seen anything Official that Holder wanted to return to Poole

I have seen Nothing about Batchelor wanting to go to Swindon.

I have seen Nothing about Poole or Swindon wanting either back with them.

All i have seen is some (so called) supporter putting 4 and 5 together and making themselves believe it makes 15.

Well you wouldn't..

Grw

Lets gets one thing straight , I am not on anything. All my ideas and fears are well founded. Supporters need to feel part of the club and their opinions valued. Never have I mentioned swapping Holder or Batch for lesser riders as you have named, what I have said is we only want riders who want to ride of the Stars... and I stand by that. IF Holder don't want to ride then we need to move on.....

The night in question is one to forget. Yes, we need to move on, but there so many things to put right before we can. Management of these situations, Communication with the fans, and Leadership in times of crisis. are just a few problems highlighted from that wretched night. It all very well fans saying sweep it under the carpet and move on , but what's to say it won't happen again. The treatment of the fans that night was terribly. threating like Mushrooms with so much contempt, I read, was about the right description. We are now 2 week gone and still we wait to hear the reasons why, What went wrong that night with track preparation? Why was last two meetings cancelled ? Has the track problems been sorted? How long is Rose going to be out injured? Is Porsing back for good or is the situation Porsing or Rose? Is Lamberts injury responding to treatment, When does Holders ban finished? are just some bits of information that could be aired

And you say there's no news to tell ........

Confucius once said, 'there are non so numb as those who bury their heads'

• Like 1