British Speedway Forum
superclamp

Woffinden's Language.

I reckon he'll be dropping a fair few more f-bombs between now and the end of the season, as he gets ever more frustrated at seeing his world title slip away.

Still, never mind, eh. :D

Woffinden may have won the world championship but his manner is a disgrace compared to the great champions of the past. His sponsors ought to take note of his behaviour whilst being interviewed and whilst stood on the podium when National Anthems are played. Boycott his sponsers' products and see the change, but maybe not with what he has between his ears,

No point asking him to stop, he revels in it.

He was asked before, on air, but just repeated the "f" word.

Sure, lots of people use bad language, but very few (if any) high profile personalities do so when being interviewed.

It certainly shows a lack of respect towards those listening to him.

He seems to enjoy it, it's another sign of his attention seeking, (and he displays enough of those attributes already). Sad, really.

He really is in need of a guiding management and PR hand.

In the meantime the only way to change this, is to stop interviewing him completely, (my preferred option) or when he does swear, just curtail the interview with a brief "thanks Tai". Perhaps we could petition Steve Brandon, or BT / Sky on this basis?

Personally I would say ignorance.

Obviously he shows a distinct lack knowledge of the English Language.

Personally I would say ignorance.

Obviously he shows a distinct lack knowledge of the English Language.

But appears to be fluent in Anglo-Saxon

Edit reason

I've got a new phone and still don't know what I'm doing

Edited by Triple.H.

You'd think Nigel Pearson must have a bit if a dilemma over this, on the one hand he is Woffindens PR person, on the other he is apologising on TV for "any language that may have offended you".

Is he advising Woffinden about media training and language ? Is the swearing a deliberate ploy to "raise his profile" by creating a bit of controversy, and sanctioned privately by Mr Pearson ? Should he be embarrassed by the fact that he has to apologise for his client ?

You'd think Nigel Pearson must have a bit if a dilemma over this, on the one hand he is Woffindens PR person, on the other he is apologising on TV for "any language that may have offended you".

Is he advising Woffinden about media training and language ? Is the swearing a deliberate ploy to "raise his profile" by creating a bit of controversy, and sanctioned privately by Mr Pearson ? Should he be embarrassed by the fact that he has to apologise for his client ?

Perhaps Mr. Pearson should tell Tai to either Interview politely and properly or - F..K OFF!!!! :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ooops - sorry. :D

• Like 1

I don't get too bothered by the profanities but not while on TV or being interviewed. I was near pits in Poland numerous times and for polish riders(majority of them) every other word is basically profanity laced.

I see there's no mention of Lung's 'F bomb' on Saturday night during the SEC!!!

Just goes to show it's one rule for one but another for everyone else. Hypocrites.

• Like 2

I see there's no mention of Lung's 'F bomb' on Saturday night during the SEC!!!

Just goes to show it's one rule for one but another for everyone else. Hypocrites.

Hardly, two different things. Lung's was in the heat of the moment, natural and lets not forget his first language is not English. Woffy's was deliberate and unnecessary. You're bit of a Woffy sycophant aren't you Chris?

• Like 5

Not swearing, taking ones hat off during the national anthems, and not messing around, especially when someone else is at the top of the podium, is normal courtecy. But if he's too cool for school... There's a time and place for everything. Does he ask for effking crisps at the shops? I think not.

• Like 1

Would you see Lewis Hamilton do it? How about any of the overpaid footballers? How about almost any other competitor in any other sport ?

The answer is no because it is not tolerated.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Like 1

Hardly, two different things. Lung's was in the heat of the moment, natural and lets not forget his first language is not English. Woffy's was deliberate and unnecessary. You're bit of a Woffy sycophant aren't you Chris?

How is two different riders both swearing using the same word when being interviewed on a tv broadcast different things? Complete nonsense.

You don't think Woffy was full of adrenaline at the time too? Dear oh dear...

Perhaps Woffy and Ljung are both wrong to swear during interviews. They're not backward, they know what they are saying as do all speedway riders, If they swear, they swear on purpose. They have to make split second decisions on track, they have plenty of time to choose their words in interviews ......

Agreed. A description that could have also been applied to Ward if his off track antics were anything to go by.

Proved by his week-end comments I'm afraid. Edited by Fromafar