British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Getting a bit ahead of ourselves naming a Team try an Owner first!

I know, I'm sorry

1. David Bellego 7.63

2. Liam Carr 4.81

3. Kevin Doolan 6.99

4. Thomas Jorgensen 7.45

5. Sebastian Alden 7.18

6. Tom Perry 3.76

7. Adam Ellis 4.67

Total 42.49

Mint, change the no 7 though

That team with Robin Aspegren in place of Adam Ellis would be brilliant as well as reasonable, I know Robin's average was in the 4's but could someone post his actual last one?

4.82?

That team with Robin Aspegren in place of Adam Ellis would be brilliant as well as reasonable, I know Robin's average was in the 4's but could someone post his actual last one?

Aspegren finished the 2015 season with Sheffield with a 4-82 average.

1. David Bellego 7.63

2. Liam Carr 4.81

3. Kevin Doolan 6.99

4. Thomas Jorgensen 7.45

5. Sebastian Alden 7.18

6. Tom Perry 3.76

7. Adam Ellis 4.67

Total 42.49

If the BSPA keep with the draft reserve rider, hopefully they will and Carr qualifies then he is a no brainer. Of last years team I would keep Doolan (good captain) and possibly Jorgensen though it could come down to his average fitting. The rider I wouldn't have back is Alden, fantastic one night then fantastically inconsistent the next, he returned to us after retiring then had his season ruined by injury meaning he has missed virtually three season of compeditive racing. If he is keen to continue racing in Sweden and over here I wish him all the best but I hope Berwick look elsewhere.

If the BSPA keep with the draft reserve rider, hopefully they will and Carr qualifies then he is a no brainer. Of last years team I would keep Doolan (good captain) and possibly Jorgensen though it could come down to his average fitting. The rider I wouldn't have back is Alden, fantastic one night then fantastically inconsistent the next, he returned to us after retiring then had his season ruined by injury meaning he has missed virtually three season of compeditive racing. If he is keen to continue racing in Sweden and over here I wish him all the best but I hope Berwick look elsewhere.

Instead of Alden and Ellis, both partnerships of Vissing and Gappmaier and Pijper and Wethers fit as likely replacements

i think there will be a happy ending to that particular part of the story.

Yep. A certain teams sponsor looks interested

• Like 1

Interesting, I heard a while ago of this but brushed it down

Never ignore all the rumours regarding Berwick, some of them might actually be true.

Liam with 4.81 could be on a dodgy average if the draft does not continue,his heat 2 scores were good at most tracks but if he is not a draft it might be a different proposition depending what they do with Team averages.Personaly they should scrap Team Averages and maybe do a grading system.They are to finate IMO .
  • Like 1

Liam with 4.81 could be on a dodgy average if the draft does not continue,his heat 2 scores were good at most tracks but if he is not a draft it might be a different proposition depending what they do with Team averages.Personaly they should scrap Team Averages and maybe do a grading system.They are to finate IMO .

Carr did have a decent season, especially at home where some of his scores were excellent, if the BSPA are serious about bring on younger rider then the draft must continue, in fact I would've like to see it extended to something like they have in Poland, or at least have their average protected so they stay as draft reserve for a full season.

• Like 1

Robert Branford was an entertaining reserve each time he visited with Rye House and Simon Lambert always scores well on his visits to Berwick. Would be happy to see either of those in Berwick colours next season. Would like to see Bellego, Doolan and Jorgensen as a heat leader trio and Liam Carr made big strides last season. Wouldn't mind Stuart Robson either. Whether we can attract any of those riders who knows. Just knowing speedway would be back next season would make me happy.

• Like 1