British Speedway Forum

Basically the league has been done on the cheap as clubs are unable to manage their finances. I can now understand why we wanted a higher points limit to start with, keep the best rider in the league who is given an average he can't mathematically achieve as one!

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

with the exception of Doyle this is a very poor team.Wilson Dean will be the last rider. Zach couldn't even achieve a 3 point average in last years PL so thats not good to start with. Grondal again couldn't achieve a 5 point average in 2 years of trying at Peterborough. what chance will these 2 have on a track like Swindon. Ellis got his average from mainly home meetings at Poole riding against draft riders there is no way he would have achieved that average if he rode in last years PL but he decided riding for eastbourne was better for him so missed the PL. Bellego has had one decent year last year riding at Redcar and if he doesn't gate he doesn't pass many people. just hope doyle is fully fit at the beginning of the season at least he will score 14/15 most meetings. its also about time Morris moved on as he isn't getting any better riding at Swindon every year, Relegation i think for Swindon

One of the worst teams swindon have ever put out ..anyone got a wooden spoon

• Like 2

With the way Rosco has built the side this year, wouldn't be surprised to see Peter Karger as the last signing

• Like 1

This sort of side was always on the cards after using such a big lump on Doyle and Ellis. Robins will need ALL the youngsters to improve and kick on for this team to be a success...

• Like 1

No one knows how next season will go, it's a premier league at best for all teams. I think (hope) that the riders signed will have a point to prove, most young, upcoming, hungry riders. It may not be the car crash all are making it out to be.

So Poole with KK Hans Brady Young Holder Klindt Newman Shanes is a pl side at best?? Rye Harris Nicholls Kennett Watt pl standard? I dont believe

• Like 1

So Poole with KK Hans Brady Young Holder Klindt Newman Shanes is a pl side at best?? Rye Harris Nicholls Kennett Watt pl standard? I dont believe

For once we agree on something. This year really exposes the wealth gap between teams and promoters team building ability. This is when we see Rosco being a good team manger and a bad team builder. I would now say that Coventry are a better team than Swindon. I fear for Swindon more than any other team at the moment.

One of the worst teams swindon have ever put out ..anyone got a wooden spoon

Reckon it may be better than the 83 side?

It's certainly not better than this year's Coventry team though as some have posted (in fairness until these two signings I thought the team was looking ok, and tbh zach is an ok signing). Emil and bellego, think there were much better options to spend 12 points on. Puts a heap of pressure on Ellis, presume he and bellego will be paired at 3&4?

Emil will be in top 5 and Zak at reserve

I know the Adver says that but why if we have 5.13 left & Grondal is 4.39? We could get Roynon to ride at 2.

• Like 1

Not thrilled by the Grondal signing to be honest. Zach has potential, but looking a very vulnerable side right now. Was happy enough with Bellego and Ellis, but think it should only have been one of the two meaning the side could be a little more solid.

• Like 1

"21-year-old Dane Grondal made his bow in British racing in 2015 with Peterborough and has made steady progress since his arrival."

I hadn't noticed to be honest!!! ;)

• Like 1

For once we agree on something. This year really exposes the wealth gap between teams and promoters team building ability. This is when we see Rosco being a good team manger and a bad team builder. I would now say that Coventry are a better team than Swindon. I fear for Swindon more than any other team at the moment.

More than Leicester??

Roynon or Wilson-Dean at number 2 will make a perfectly good team. Grondal will beat Sarjeant, Clegg, Rose & Branford in the averages & Wajknecht will beat the new 2 pointers (inc Shanes at Poole).

Plus, we could rejuvenate our flagging asset base.