British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Last night was so tense and I fully expect a lot more to come!

While having 12 points advantage to Poole is good for the Pirates - however with a fired up Wolves team on their own track this meeting is far from over.

Wolves will attempt to hit Poole hard and fast from the off so Poole have got to go on the attack as well.

Thoughts and predictions here folks and as always, lets hope for another cracking and safe meeting.

May the best team win.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

If Poole can keep it tight in the first 4 heats we could hold on, If Wolves get a few heat advantages in the those heats it's all to play for.

Going to be a cracker either way! Let the best team win!

I think the Poole riders need to treat it as a one off meeting, rather than defending a lead. But if a Wolves rider hits the front go for the 3-3.

Does the tactical ride rule apply in the play offs, the way the match went Wolves never had the chance to use one. If Poole get the chance because Wolves go 10 ahead early on in the match and it eventually decides the outcome then quite frankly the whole thing becomes a farce.

• Like 3

Does the tactical ride rule apply in the play offs, the way the match went Wolves never had the chance to use one. If Poole get the chance because Wolves go 10 ahead early on in the match and it eventually decides the outcome then quite frankly the whole thing becomes a farce.

I think you can only use a tactical up to and including heat 11 and at that point I think Wolves were at the most 8 down, do couldn't do it.

I get why people don't like the tactical being used in the playoffs, after all it made Peterborough champs in 2006. But you use it to qualify for the playoffs so should be able to use it in the playoffs.

We did have the opportunity to use one. 8 behind before heat 9, Woffinden with 2 blobs first 2 rides wins the race (Wolves 4-2) and opportunity gone. Lindgren wins heat 10. If we'd have 'conceded' a 4-2 in heat 9 and used Lindgren as TR in 10 there's a 1 point swing. In a meeting that may end up being tight on aggregate, who knows. What I do know is that in same position Muddlo would have seen the possibilties. That's why Poole win stuff and others don't. Morally wrong maybe but unfortunately morals don't win prizes. If that was the case Chris 'straight bat' Van Straaten would have a record Ford could only dream of.

• Like 2

We did have the opportunity to use one. 8 behind before heat 9, Woffinden with 2 blobs first 2 rides wins the race (Wolves 4-2) and opportunity gone. Lindgren wins heat 10. If we'd have 'conceded' a 4-2 in heat 9 and used Lindgren as TR in 10 there's a 1 point swing. In a meeting that may end up being tight on aggregate, who knows. What I do know is that in same position Muddlo would have seen the possibilties. That's why Poole win stuff and others don't. Morally wrong maybe but unfortunately morals don't win prizes. If that was the case Chris 'straight bat' Van Straaten would have a record Ford could only dream of.

Stand by for ' mysterious' last places and engine failures in key races then.

Edited by Seymour Dix
  • Like 1

I think you can only use a tactical up to and including heat 11 and at that point I think Wolves were at the most 8 down, do couldn't do it.

I get why people don't like the tactical being used in the playoffs, after all it made Peterborough champs in 2006. But you use it to qualify for the playoffs so should be able to use it in the playoffs.

I don't think Tactical Rides are permitted in 'aggregate ties'.

Edited by Gambo

I don't think Tactical Rides are permitted in 'aggregate ties'.

I think they are.

Can't see in the rules where they aren't permitted, perhaps you could indicate where it say's otherwise.

As it stands now, tactical's can only be used once, and between heats 5 and 11.

I don't think that was the case in 2006, Peterborough used the tactical ride late on in the meeting if my memory is correct. - (checked, it was Hans Andersen, heat 13)

Edited by woofers

Wouldn't a reversed heat 9 2-4, produce a four point swing i.e. two more for Poole and two fewer for Wolverhampton, leaving Wolves twelve behind? A four point swing, to gain a possible three points, doesn't make a great deal of sense to me either to be honest ;)

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

I think they are.

Can't see in the rules where they aren't permitted, perhaps you could indicate where it say's otherwise.

As it stands now, tactical's can only be used once, and between heats 5 and 11.

I don't think that was the case in 2006, Peterborough used the tactical ride late on in the meeting if my memory is correct. - (checked, it was Hans Andersen, heat 13)

My mistake, sorry! :oops: I've just had it clarified by a Referee that TR's are allowed in the EL Play Off's...But not in PL!

It doesn't become a farce at all... Wolverhampton were given the same luxury but didn't require it!

I can't help but disagree with that statement. If the rules allow for something, then it's not morally wrong. Some people seem to feel that the rules include some sort of "unwritten rule". But that's not the case. If that was the case then they'd be written rules! Rules should be just as much part of the game as the sport itself.

You shouldn't look at the rules as a list of things you can't do, you should look at the rules as an opportunity to discover what can be done.