British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Kings Lynn 2017

just wonder who people think will line up for the club :).

It will be a miracle if the Young Stars have a team next season . No body seems to bother watching them.

It will be a miracle if the Young Stars have a team next season . No body seems to bother watching them.

Well at the last meet the Young Stars went to Mildenhall and they had to call the meet off after a Stars rider withdrew! The remaining races were run as "practises"....

Edited by secretagentmole

It was the MDL fixture with the lightnings that was stopped through injury leaving the lightnings with only two riders.not the main NL fixture.

This is a good little team and lets hope that 2017 is a good year based upon solid foundations in 2016:

I hope for

Josh Bailey - injured at the end of the year but very fast and a top heat leader, PL and EL experience.

Nathan Greaves - carried the flag a the end of the season with Josh out. Good solid heat leader.

Scott Campos - great captain and was gating and scoring very well at the end of the season.

Ryan Kinsley - can be in and out of form but on his day very fast .

Shane Hazelden - lets hope he recovers from a nasty injury - holds the reserves together and valued

Tom Stokes- a real shame to see him retire, need to replace with a quality rider

Taylor Hampshire and Lewis Whitmore- both very young and need bringing on slowly

NL racing at Kings Lynn is often better/closer racing than the EL team, I do hope that people will support these guys in 2017.

This is a good little team and lets hope that 2017 is a good year based upon solid foundations in 2016:

I hope for

Josh Bailey - injured at the end of the year but very fast and a top heat leader, PL and EL experience.

Nathan Greaves - carried the flag a the end of the season with Josh out. Good solid heat leader.

Scott Campos - great captain and was gating and scoring very well at the end of the season.

Ryan Kinsley - can be in and out of form but on his day very fast .

Shane Hazelden - lets hope he recovers from a nasty injury - holds the reserves together and valued

Tom Stokes- a real shame to see him retire, need to replace with a quality rider

Taylor Hampshire and Lewis Whitmore- both very young and need bringing on slowly

NL racing at Kings Lynn is often better/closer racing than the EL team, I do hope that people will support these guys in 2017.

Tom Stokes has retired?

So you want exactly the same team....

Bailey, Kinsley, Whitmore and Hampshire need to be back as they are potentially the future of the club. Not too fussed about the rest although Greaves would be a decent heat leader. All about development rather than winning for me.

So you want exactly the same team....

Fairly much, yes. I think KLYS are about developing riders for the future benefit of the club. Not all will remain and some are excellent catalysts to bring on young riders. The benefit of Scott Campos to the youngsters , etc, gives them invaluable help. As with all clubs who have two teams there is not the necessity to win the National League, crowds will never match "one team" clubs so support is inevitably reduced, however I agree with Gordon Bennett that KL will, as a club, have certain riders in their future plans. Josh and Nathan have improved with their PL experience and that 3 point system will bring on riders for the future of GB speedway. Also not all riders may wish to return and with Tom leaving there will be one place, at least, for new blood to add to the side.....interesting times.

yeah sadly Tom Stokes has packed up i think that Hampshire will be going to Mildenhall would like to see somthing like

1.Josh Bailey

2.Shelby Rutherford

3.Ryan Kinsley

4.Shane Hazelden

5.Nathan Greaves - if he would want to come back

6.Lewis Whitmore

7.Charlie Brooks

• Like 1