British Speedway Forum

People wetting their pants over Klindt ! Good grief, what has Britain's top flight league come too ... :cry:

Tell me about it. Average signing for me , far to inconsistent.

Jack Hoder is a greta signing and Shanes was a good signing..........Klindt the jurys out

Jack Hoder is a greta signing and Shanes was a good signing..........Klindt the jurys out

J Holder still has a lot to prove and failed to reach Brady's first season average in the PL after two full seasons. I think he's a tad over rated but a good prospect and will need time to settle.

Klindt struggled to achieve 5.4 in last years premier league. If he doesn't make the gate then that's it.

Klindt only rode 4 pl meetings last year. He averaged over 6 the year before.

He is arguably the biggest bargain available, given he is on a lower figure than he managed as hl in the EL last season.

Klindt provides one thing we did not have last year. A small track ace. He will be able to help riders adjust to small tracks at Leicester, Wolves and Rye House. We missed that last year I thought.

• Like 1

It just shows how poor our league is. The promoters had a major rebuild to do & they've got it all wrong IMO. Riders will be left on the shelf because of the ''new average ruling''. Kindt rides 4 premier league matches & can start the season on that average wherefore riders like Justin Sedgmen have to start on a converted 7.7 average, Sedgy averaged lower than Klindt in the EL last season. It's a complete balls up.

Klindt only rode 4 pl meetings last year. He averaged over 6 the year before.
He is arguably the biggest bargain available, given he is on a lower figure than he managed as hl in the EL last season.

For me its what he does at reserve which is the more important in the first 2 months of the season.

I am sure come May he will move into the team allowing Newman/Kurtz or Holder to have a chance of some easy points.

Okay maybe Klindts av will suffer when in the main body of the team but do we really care ?? If he does then he will go back to reserve and swing in and out of there in the season and for sure we all know he will score points in that slot just as Bjarne did which was why his av was also so high. Add to that that if any fixture clashes with DK I am sure Matt will be able to get a better quality guest or apply RR with a higher pool of riders available to use.

I think this is a VERY clever signing by Matt Ford and you only have to look at his scores in the overseas leagues to see that Matt was no mug in his planning behind this move, not only getting him as a reserve to start but the permutations it offers going forward.

Every other promoter could have signed him as it was a level playing field for all. Obviously the guy liked the idea of a fairly safe and secure pay check and place in the side without the pressure of having to prove being a heat leader. He will pick up plenty of points against inferior or more junior riders plus will ride for a team which has a proven winning mentality (hopefully).

I stand by what I said in a lengthy earlier post that I think Mr Ford had this guy tied up on a deal long before the others who were probabaly still digesting the new regulations when they were voted on.

Nice one Matt and further proof he is way ahead of most other promoters in forward thinking.

Now we a wait all the conspiracy theorists and full time Poole haters/back biters to have their say.

By the way last comments not aimed at you Gavin as you tend to have constructive comments even if you do have a pop now and then ;-)

• Like 1

In the grand scheme of things its a terrific side unlike some i could mention but would rather not as still feeling the pain over it....

• Like 2

Correct, 2016 riders not starting 2017 will just use existing real averages, there's no other option.

I see a large number of team changes in May/June

But current averages will be understated. For example holder averaged 9ish in a tougher format, in a tougher league. Would be ridiculous if he came in on his 2016 average. But a conversion of 1.2 rather than 1.4 would seem appropriate. Edited by waihekeaces1

But current averages will be understated. For example holder averaged 9ish in a tougher format, in a tougher league. Would be ridiculous if he came in on his 2016 average. But a conversion of 1.2 rather than 1.4 would seem appropriate.

Remember the new "averages" were just for team-building so won't riders just continue with running averages from their 2016 base from May (with any new second tier riders coming in on their true PL-based running average discounted by 1.4)?

Remember the new "averages" were just for team-building so won't riders just continue with running averages from their 2016 base from May (with any new second tier riders coming in on their true PL-based running average discounted by 1.4)?

No. Been confirmed it will be on 2017 only, must have 4 home and 4 away.

hasn't been confirmed how "new" riders with existing El or pl averages will be treated when part of a redeclaration

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

People wetting their pants over Klindt ! Good grief, what has Britain's top flight league come too ... :cry:

The thought had occurred to me

Personally i have strong reservations about Klindt, good rider on his day but inconsistent to say the least. He will most likely do ok at reserve and was ok riding for Leicester on a gater's track but i can't remember the last time he overtook another rider. At Wolves last season, a track he should like, got zero when guesting for Poole, couldn't even beat Clegg.

• Like 1

On the subject of people having double accounts just go and have a look at posts 722 and 724 on the Ipswich thread!!

Our very own Starman has 2 accounts! Except this time he forgot to log out and change his name!

I'l bet you a million pound i do NOT have TWO accounts, i have had the same one for 10 years. You really are a king sized plonker.

Klindt struggled to achieve 5.4 in last years premier league. If he doesn't make the gate then that's it.

Completely irrelevant, he averaged higher over a full season in the top flight with Leicester.

So Poole finally get their man after he snubbed them for Wolves way back when. :wink:

On paper forming a decent side but a caution over Kurtz and Holder who come with big expectations.

Klindt a no brainer signing for any club.