British Speedway Forum

Wasn't 12 in EL was it? Plus I said apart from last two months, there was a point just before half way through the season when he was nearly reserve! Lol.

Swindon are free to sign him! He hasn't been screwed over, he made a decision not to ride PL and it backfired.

no it hasn't backfired. Ellis is on a true average, improving fast yet Poole screw him over.
  • Like 1

One thing I don't understand in speedway is why people get so fussed about manger's decisions. In any other professional sport stars are let go or not played. Examples, Mephis Depay= 25 million does not play for Man U

Yasiel Puig= One of the best players in baseball in 2014 was dropped to lower league.

I have faith in Matt and i am sure he has a plan which he wants to stick to and with it a successful team.

And to do with the sponsorship. I suspect Matt has had offers, but he is trying to get a 6 figure deal which he might not have been offered. If he gets a large brand to sponsor the team even with new rules could change everything.

Its not just Ellis. Jason Garriy is un-employable imo.

Not really. Garrity is a PL number 1 and earns his EL average riding in the top 5 all season and that was carrying injuries for most of the season. He is capable of scoring his average. I'm hoping he's back at Coventry

• Like 2

Wasn't 12 in EL was it? Plus I said apart from last two months, there was a point just before half way through the season when he was nearly reserve! Lol.

Swindon are free to sign him! He hasn't been screwed over, he made a decision not to ride PL and it backfired.

Maths not your strong point? His EL average was multiplied by 1.4 giving him a 12+ average - so he was in the top 3 in the EL - so hardly average! :rolleyes:

I think Swindon will be looking for 5-6 point riders given that Doyle takes up 13.5 points!

Don't see why people keep saying Ellis should have ridden PL. Chances are he'd have ended up in an even bigger mess like Garrity has on 8+

Not really. Garrity is a PL number 1 and earns his EL average riding in the top 5 all season and that was carrying injuries for most of the season. He is capable of scoring his average. I'm hoping he's back at Coventry

He will be. As our number one probably.

• Like 1

Maths not your strong point? His EL average was multiplied by 1.4 giving him a 12+ average - so he was in the top 3 in the EL - so hardly average! :rolleyes:

I think Swindon will be looking for 5-6 point riders given that Doyle takes up 13.5 points!

He was average in at least first half of season, hence why he was second string at one point and almost a contender for reserve. Go and have a look at his scores before August.

There are better riders available on similar averages I'm afraid. Also Adam got that average from riding at reserve mostly.

Garriy wont maintain his average. Jason makes too many mistakes (Falling off).

Waste of points if Coventry sign Jason.

Coventry are very good at wasting points when team building.

Part time Brit part time Aussie.

That's what the haters say yes.

But wrong obviously.

no it hasn't backfired. Ellis is on a true average, improving fast yet Poole screw him over.

No I don't think so.
  • Like 1

Don't see why people keep saying Ellis should have ridden PL. Chances are he'd have ended up in an even bigger mess like Garrity has on 8+

He will be. As our number one probably.

Garrity if he signs for Coventry will be 3rd heat leader. I think we will have two 9+ riders.

Its not just Ellis. Jason Garriy is un-employable imo.

Why? His average was earned and even his EL average x 1.4 is near enough his PL average anyway. People need to stop looking at averages as they would've in previous years.

There are better riders available on similar averages I'm afraid. Also Adam got that average from riding at reserve mostly.

Garriy wont maintain his average. Jason makes too many mistakes (Falling off).

Waste of points if Coventry sign Jason.

A huge majority of riders won't maintain their average. That's the whole point!

• Like 4

We don't want Ellis because their is no value in his average.

When people go shopping the buyer wants value for money. Their is no value in Adam Ellis unlike Batchelor who would easily up his average.

Lisa you cant talk to Gavan or Stevebrum as they just hate Poole.

We know their are better riders available on the same average.

Gavan and Stevebrum want us to sign Ellis because it would make our team weaker and MF knows that and that's why MF couldn't offer Adam a team place. Also they are probably throwing a strop for another reason (because they know MF has probably got a quality rider lined up to replace Ellis)

Ellis is one of the best young British riders. Howarh & Garrity are in the same boat but both are wanted by their teams. Sometimes supporting your tried and tested rider rather than going for the bigger name plays dividens.

Edited by superguest
  • Like 1

The majority of Adam Ellis meetings came in the no2 position.

• Like 5

Ellis is one of the best young British riders. Howarh & Garrity are in the same boat but both are wanted by their teams. Sometimes supporting your tried and tested rider rather than going for the bigger name plays dividens.

I would have thought it was between Brady and Ellis for a team place imo. Seeing as it has been said last few years Brady and Jack are the future of Poole, hardly surprising Ellis misses out. Interesting that Brady and Adam's averages aren't that far apart but Brady would have easily got a team place at another team but Adam is struggling to?
  • Like 1

We don't want Ellis because their is no value in his average.

When people go shopping the buyer wants value for money. Their is no value in Adam Ellis unlike Batchelor who would easily up his average.

Lisa you cant talk to Gavan or Stevebrum as they just hate Poole.

We know their are better riders available on the same average.

Gavan and Stevebrum want us to sign Ellis because it would make our team weaker and MF knows that and that's why MF couldn't offer Adam a team place. Also they are probably throwing a strop for another reason (because they know MF has probably got a quality rider lined up to replace Ellis)

What on earth are you on about??

Stop making stuff up.

Quote me the post where I said Poole should sign Ellis? ? You won't find it is the answer.

Personally I'd rather have Ellis than someone like Bjerre or Batchelor or Watt or Schlein and that's not for Poole to sign, that an unbiased point if we had the chance to sign any of those 5 riders I'd prefer Ellis who is very much on the up unlike the other 4.

I don't hate Poole but it's convenient for biased fans to use that line when debating anything Poole related. I guess that shows the narrow point of view you can debate with.

Any rider who has done well that's finds himself out of a job at that club is going to feel harshly treated but it seems if you are Poole you can't point that out without attacking their club.

Every rider is on an inflated average who rode EL this season. So everyone of those riders is unlikely to achieve that mark.

And if you really think that Batchelor is on a bargain average good luck to you.

Why do you think I prefer that wolves would sign Ellis over Batchelor?

Nothing to do with Poole by the way, no doubt you will conveniently ignore that part as you continue on your blue tint way.

The majority of Adam Ellis meetings came in the no2 position.

Conveniently ignored by Gater1 who yet again makes most things up.

• Like 6

Lisa has a point though, why he didn't ride PL is a mystery, we all knew he was too good for NL.

Does it nmatter, it's all about the Pirates giving him a job in 2017 after racing so well for you in 2016!
  • Like 4

I hope you sign Ellis then.

I prefer Batchelor.

Sorted. I hope bachelor continues his dreadful slide in form and that wouldn't surprise me.