British Speedway Forum

Ellis could easily be fitted in

His average fits in with all the other young brits, higher than Newman and Howarth, and lower than Garrity or Lambert.

Even his dad has been saying its ridiculous how he is out of a team place but jonny foreigner can come in with loads of sponsorship.

Its left a bad taste with most Poole fans on here that Matt Ford has told him already that he isnt part of the plans.

Seem to remember Poole doing this before sacking Howarth for Mickey Dyer.

Why? Nobody has really done any team building yet.

Ellis scored heavily from number 2 at Poole last season, getting 7 and 8 points a meeting.

If he goes to another home track then he could be seen as a risk as he would need time to get used to the track

He would be no risk for Poole at all

For me Adam Ellis was far better than Kyle Newman for most of last season and I would have him back at all costs.

Still we know Matt Ford doesn't like British riders. Can still remember back in about 2005, Matt Ford saying there were no up and coming British riders worth signing...................... when a young up and coming British rider WAS available and wanted to move up to the Elite League............his name

CHRIS HARRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Ford would prefer flakey Poles to Brits 100% of the time.

Very poor Mr Ford, very poor!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 1

For me Adam Ellis was far better than Kyle Newman for most of last season and I would have him back at all costs.

Still we know Matt Ford doesn't like British riders. Can still remember back in about 2005, Matt Ford saying there were no up and coming British riders worth signing...................... when a young up and coming British rider WAS available and wanted to move up to the Elite League............his name

CHRIS HARRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Ford would prefer flakey Poles to Brits 100% of the time.

Very poor Mr Ford, very poor!!!!!

And but for injuries both riders would have improved further. But you never mentioned that. Did you... But i supose its par for the course from the boy that carries a dark cloud around with him.. :nono:

Edited by Starman2006

And but for injuries both riders would have improved further. But you never mentioned that. Did you... But i supose its par for the course from the boy that carries a dark cloud around with him.. :nono:

And YOU forget that Adam is only 20, 5 years younger than Kyle and going to be a lot better rider too....they both had injuries, yes but Adam was STILL the better of the two, which is why he spent most of the season in the 1-5 and not at reserve!!!!!

• Like 4

They create the FTR system to "help British youngsters". They then create a system that punishes them.

I think it's quite clear they don't care about the sport, they just care about reducing costs.

How is the system punishing British youngsters? They all got an average based on their performances last season???

Garrity, Newman, Auty, Starke, Ellis, Howarth, Lambert. All their averages reflect their ability do they not?

If you ask me last season was worse for the youngsters, if they did well in reserve they were put up in the 1-5 and Poole as an example could have the Aussie champ and Bjarne at reserve! How is that good for the youngsters???

Ellis has a fair average, nicely complemented by the fact Newman is on a low one for a rider for his ability

And YOU forget that Adam is only 20, 5 years younger than Kyle and going to be a lot better rider too....they both had injuries, yes but Adam was STILL the better of the two, which is why he spent most of the season in the 1-5 and not at reserve!!!!!

Adam was more consistant, thats why he stayed in the 1-5. I said last Winter on our forum when it was anounced that Matt signed him that he would come on a ton under neil. But i still dont buy that Adam is a lot better rider than Kyle. They both need clear seasons to show them at there best.

How is the system punishing British youngsters? They all got an average based on their performances last season???

Garrity, Newman, Auty, Starke, Ellis, Howarth, Lambert. All their averages reflect their ability do they not?

If you ask me last season was worse for the youngsters, if they did well in reserve they were put up in the 1-5 and Poole as an example could have the Aussie champ and Bjarne at reserve! How is that good for the youngsters???

Its not, that showed you that the system didn't work.

Edited by Starman2006

Gater1 check your facts about how often Ellis rode at reserve and how much I'm the main team before you spout rubbish. Ellis doesn't have a false average which 95% of Poole fans know and agree with.

Gater1 is known to make stuff up to invent an excuse. He has been caught out several times yesterday in blatant lies.

Matt Ford states it in the local paper that he argued for Adam Ellis's average to be reduced.

Would that be for Poole to get the benefit or for the good of the sport I wonder?

My money is on the former.

• Like 4

And no room for Chris Holder on a prohibitive average.

Jack Holder confirmed as signing number 1!

I think they are taking a bigger chance with young Holder than they would have with Ellis
  • Like 1

Is Ellis better than Howarth & Newman - YES

Is Ellis as good as Garrity & Lambert - Garrity YES but Lambert NO.

Bjerre would be better than Ellis imo but not Schlein.

Ellis or one of the following J. Holder or B. Kurtz. Ellis will always be 3rd on the list out of those 3 riders.

Because they always complain about things lol.

It wouldn't bother BV, KL, Leicester, Rye House, Somerset or Wolves.

It leaves just Coventry, Swindon.

Coventry always seem to give British riders a chance so I don't think they would complain.

Whilst Swindon never stop complaining.

Horton hates Poole so of course he would!

I think they are taking a bigger chance with young Holder than they would have with Ellis

Possibly. But lots of teams would be after Jack if we didn't sign him, Swindon and Somerset for starters.
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter that he rode in 2016, he doesn't have a divine right to be re-employed, most riders will be changing teams with the new rules.

Just thought you would care about him more than most him having been a Poole rider in 2016, obviously not!

Not at all, Ford has CHOSEN NOT TO INCLUDE CHRIS in his team.

• Like 2

No suprise to me. Average to high. Im very suprised that Swindon are alledgedly looking to kep Doyley on his average.

"Sadly, because of the new rules, it's clear to see that even if he were to score a 12-point maximum every meeting, effectively we would be giving away half a point in our team-building structure."

What a joke of a sport. When will the promoters ever learn?

Jack Holder on a 7.16 average :rofl:

Premiership speedway at it's very best.

Meanwhile in Poland...

Torun:

Chris Holder (Capt)

Greg Hancock

Adrian Miedzinski

Martin Vaculik

Paul Przedeplski

Casper Gomolski

• Like 2

Jack Holder confirmed as signing number 1!

Where has this been confirmed too?? Any more gossip on chris?

No suprise to me. Average to high. Im very suprised that Swindon are alledgedly looking to kep Doyley on his average.

Maybe, but if Doyle rides at least he'll presumably get a new average and will be useful in the future. Holder will still be stuck on 13.

Plus having Doyle will hopefully push crowd numbers into 4 figures.