British Speedway Forum

Can we not forget that past now and move on.

It's the start of a new era today. 1 year after the last era started haha

Not sure the many people reportedly owed lots of money by the "old" Belle Vue owners can quite so easily "forget that past and move on" but I get your point!

GREAT NEWS for all of s/way and B/Vue in particular I for one hope the team is now secure for many years to come and this can only be good for the sport in general.One personal request is that some position be found in the new set up for Chris Morton who IMO deserves nothing less because without Mort there would not be this great stadium that is a jewel in our sports crown.

• Like 5

Had my doubts, but very pleased to be proved wrong. Belle Vue have to make the most of a second chance they are extremely fortune to have been given.

Looking forward to visiting on Good Friday!

Great news for Belle Vue and British Speedway with the Manchester Utd of speedway and most iconic British club continuing their business in the UK's best speedway stadium - bar none! :D :D :t:

• Like 3

Great news for Belle Vue and British Speedway with the Manchester Utd of speedway and most iconic British club continuing their business in the UK's best speedway stadium - bar none! :D :D :t:

" The Manchester United of speedway "?

Just stop , right there !! :shock::wink:

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

GREAT NEWS for all of s/way and B/Vue in particular I for one hope the team is now secure for many years to come and this can only be good for the sport in general.One personal request is that some position be found in the new set up for Chris Morton who IMO deserves nothing less because without Mort there would not be this great stadium that is a jewel in our sports crown.

I hope that Chris Morton is involved somewhere along the line
  • Like 2

i can understand the relief , even euphoria of fans to finally see real progress instead of rumours and promises but is a Premier Lge strength Peter Craven Memorial (at best) a fair exchange for any fan who has held on to their ticket to help the club , remembering that the original line-up was probably not even bettered by the british g.p.

can you offer a link to where it states this.

Not sure the many people reportedly owed lots of money by the "old" Belle Vue owners can quite so easily "forget that past and move on" but I get your point!

Especially IF the "old" Belle Vue owners are some of the same people as the "new" Belle Vue owners

Especially IF the "old" Belle Vue owners are some of the same people as the "new" Belle Vue owners

You have me puzzled here.

My memory isn't so good (honestly) so what am I missing?

AS Shale Searcher explained (post 2188) proceeds from Sky and gate receipts simply went into a big black hole from previously incurred debt, some of which had been carried forward year on year from Kirky Lane. I remember saying to Chris Morton at the play-off final against Wolves, with a big crowd at the NSS, that at least their season would finish with a good pay day. His curt reply: "But we won't see any of it."

There were concerns about the track in the days leading up to the opening but you ignore the fact that it passed an SCB inspection the day before.

The fact remains that had ISG properly constructed the base section of turns 3/4 as they had elsewhere and subsequently did there too this whole sorry chapter in British speedway would never have taken place.

I Would expect with what was at the stake and the pressure being put on it's no shock that it passed a so called track inspection . of course when you see the report by the clerk of the course you then wonder how it ever did .the 3rd and 4th turns were never fit for racing day time or night time .

If Gordon and Morton had done there due diligence and made sure the track was fit to host a meeting then most of the sorry chapter would not have happened , of course with level the level of debt and crazy business plan they would have come unstuck before long anyhow

Why wouldn't I think Chapman went behind Belle Vue's back?

“WHY did BSPA and MCC hold discussions behind BV backs whilst BV was still operating, and why didn’t the BSPA fully consider the Gordon Pairman option for BV which was put forward and a cheque issued to the BSPA to cover the in-house debts prior to the AGM in November? I’m both astonished and angered at the BSPA apparent complicity and why did the SCB rush to annul the BV promoters’ licences without being fully considered and voted on by a full committee… effectively destroying the BVSL business and any other options that might have been available”

This is from the document the speedway star article was based on.

I refer you to my previous post #2212 replying to OveFundinFan. If you had of read it, I am saying, it is not unusual to check what is actually going on when there is a problem before meeting or deciding what your next course of actions are going to be about the promotion. According to you, they should have either a, Told them they were going to chat to the MCC because of their (BSPA) concerns, or b, not talked to the MCC and believed everything that G and M were telling them.

The BSPA chose to do what common sense that they and others would do in the circumstances. Find out more before discussions.

You can stop digging in now, you have been saved.

• Like 2

I refer you to my previous post #2212 replying to OveFundinFan. If you had of read it, I am saying, it is not unusual to check what is actually going on when there is a problem before meeting or deciding what your next course of actions are going to be about the promotion. According to you, they should have either a, Told them they were going to chat to the MCC because of their (BSPA) concerns, or b, not talked to the MCC and believed everything that G and M were telling them.

The BSPA chose to do what common sense that they and others would do in the circumstances. Find out more before discussions.

You can stop digging in now, you have been saved.

As have Belle Vue. :t::party: :party: :party: :party: