British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Somerset have soon gotten shut of Paul Starke, maybe time to make a move to get him back at BP, he certainly did no wrong last season riding for the Bees.

He didn't ride for the Bees last season

It's easy to get them mixed up.

• Like 1

You failed to answer the question, was it too tricky for you ?

Schlein has never claimed to be English, he has simply resided in this country long enough to be eligible to ride in the British finals.

You failed to answer the question, was it too tricky for you ?

There isnt a question to answer.............i was amazed at your stupidity.

Have a look how people can claim citizenship.........might open your eyes and at least you will have your answer re Rory Schlein

Keep up stevebrum the jokes now on you

Just to clarify, Paul Starke rode for Coventry in 2016 then???

The joke as always is on you.

:rofl:

iTS about time that certain rules were brought in to prevent promoters treating riders like rubbish.When they sign a rider it should be a binding contract for say minimum three months.These lads spend thousand of pounds and a lot of time and effort just to get on track.If they are released before then they should get a payment settlement for breach of contract. I know promoters are strapped for cash but it would stop them just dropping rider so easily.Riders have family's and mortgage's,We will never get a good England team whilst we allow British riders to be replaced by more foreign rider at the drop of a hat. I know people will rubbish this post ,but i can see the affect it as on riders and family who rely on them to earn a living,its the same with the doubling up riders ,some ride in other country's and double up in this country at the expense of some rider only having one team in this country. I think we need to change rules like the Poles only allow any riders only three teams world wide. Lets see what comments this brings agree or not agree.

• Like 3

Just to clarify, Paul Starke rode for Coventry in 2016 then???

The joke as always is on you.

:rofl:

Clearly the joke is still on you as you didn't get what weatherwatcher said but do read it again if you can and I am sure the penny will drop if not I will have to explain it to you.

Clearly the joke is still on you as you didn't get what weatherwatcher said but do read it again if you can and I am sure the penny will drop if not I will have to explain it to you.

Feel free to share the evidence that Tai has dual citizenship. Another of your made up stories.

Feel free to share the evidence that Tai has dual citizenship. Another of your made up stories.

Steve just keep trying to work out the post of weatherwatcher as its making me laugh at you again.

Tai who ?

Lions were woeful tonight. Continually out gated and when we weren't, passed (often) without much resistance. Three away team riders unbeaten by an opponent! can't remember anything like that before (and I go back long enough to draw on plenty of dark days!). Whilst we were up against the league champions, who admittedly appear to be an even stronger unit than last year, the manner and margin of defeat at home is unacceptable from a promotion that vowed at the start of the season to send us home entertained. What makes this more frustrating is that we have come very close to a couple of away wins, although I can now see why the Lions have rolled over after being in front for large periods of these meetings.

On the positive side, I got to see the (current 7) Lions without any guests or R/R which has become (and is likely to remain) a novelty due to the number of double uppers we have. I may not be available/bothered about the Rye House fixture and if not, I will endeavour to provide a guest supporter for my seat.

• Like 1

Lions were woeful tonight. Continually out gated and when we weren't, passed (often) without much resistance. Three away team riders unbeaten by an opponent! can't remember anything like that before (and I go back long enough to draw on plenty of dark days!). Whilst we were up against the league champions, who admittedly appear to be an even stronger unit than last year, the manner and margin of defeat at home is unacceptable from a promotion that vowed at the start of the season to send us home entertained. What makes this more frustrating is that we have come very close to a couple of away wins, although I can now see why the Lions have rolled over after being in front for large periods of these meetings.

On the positive side, I got to see the (current 7) Lions without any guests or R/R which has become (and is likely to remain) a novelty due to the number of double uppers we have. I may not be available/bothered about the Rye House fixture and if not, I will endeavour to provide a guest supporter for my seat.

Yes, but they will have to be shorter than you, weigh less than you and have not been to Leicester in the last 8 days. :D

• Like 3

Yes, but they will have to be shorter than you, weigh less than you and have not been to Leicester in the last 8 days. :D

But only on average!

Stop making me laugh when I'm trying to have a good old fashioned rant! If I can't get anyone to replace me, the promotion are apparently going to exercise/enforce the supporter replacement facility which equates to other supporters paying increased admission and they will also be expected to spend more on refreshments etc to cover for my absence. Anyone smaller than me who can demonstrate a strong appetite on the night could of course be encouraged to consume up to seven burgers, with the possibility of two minute buzzer allowances introduced between burgers if necessary to ease digestion.