British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Play Off Final First Leg Eastie V Brum Sun 23 6-30pm

yet another fascinating battle in prospect.

eastie would hope wood scores more than coles did weds, jake knight will fancy scoring more too

brum will be hoping for double figures for shanes and the usual glut of points from the dynamic duo at reserve

I'm going for a 6-8 point home win with it being beautifully poised for weds night.

my only issue is this weathers gonna break soon and will they get all 3 meetings inn,

should be a big crowd and a good atmosphere

Let's hope they have all recovered from their end of season party..... which is being held in season. That's the only thing that I don't understand with this club. Wonder if wood is definitely back on Sunday

According to Eagles website Georgie is indeed back on Sunday, which is good news. Sounds like Charley Powell will be back too. I'm guessing Tommy B at number 8?

According to Eagles website Georgie is indeed back on Sunday, which is good news. Sounds like Charley Powell will be back too. I'm guessing Tommy B at number 8?

or no Harris.... I don't know though

8 point advantgage to the riders plus 10 points home track advantgage = 18 point win to Eastbourne on the day. 54-36

18 point win to Eastbourne? You been drinking? I think not. Seem to remember the Brummies keeping to single figures earlier in season. Think this will go down to the wire.

18 point win to Eastbourne? You been drinking? I think not. Seem to remember the Brummies keeping to single figures earlier in season. Think this will go down to the wire.

not forgetting we had 5 riders that day, although 4 riders will do the bulk of the scoring this time we could pick up a 6 point win

I was coming down for this but don't think i can stand being robbed again in the play offs like we were in the EL and in previous finals we have been in; the KO Cup is gone and we might end up with nothing...so i'll drown my sorrows at home thanks.

I don't agree with the play offs either, but eastbourne didn't make the rules. The brummies need some heat winners at Arlington, which is never easy for the away team.

I can't really see where heat advantages will come from I think discounting reserves it is going to hinge on if Jake can hit 10-12 this time and if Ellis beats Shanes everytime

I was coming down for this but don't think i can stand being robbed again in the play offs like we were in the EL and in previous finals we have been in; the KO Cup is gone and we might end up with nothing...so i'll drown my sorrows at home thanks.

If you lose either which no way is a forgone conclusion, you will have lost it at home really. With your fantastic reserves should have had a 10 point plus lead, and even with our home track advantage, very hard to come back from 10+ behind. If you restrict us to single figures tonight still have an even chance of winning the playoffs .

Edited by gazzac

EASTBOURNE: Adam Ellis, Gary Cottham R/R, Ellis Perks, Georgie Wood, Jake Knight, Charley Powell, Tom Brennan.

BIRMINGHAM: James Shanes, Danyon Hume R/R, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Bacon, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

8 point advantgage to the riders plus 10 points home track advantgage = 18 point win to Eastbourne on the day. 54-36

I wish Christmas could come that early. How can you honestly imagine not getting 20 points from the reserves and Shanes is probably enough to secure the win.

A last heat decider could perhaps make a draw but Brummies by 4 or 6 looks odds on.

Do all Brummie supporters have such little faith in their fabulous only once beaten team.