British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ruckerroo

Play Off Final First Leg Eastie V Brum Sun 23 6-30pm

Danny Ayres broken wrist and collarbone totalled bike not the best way to finish his campaign but the man he is managed to get back to Ashfield with tears in his eyes when the fans started shouting his name

• Like 1

Lee Geary's been called upon in the past as a last minute guest...might need his services again by the looks of things.

Danny Ayres broken wrist and collarbone totalled bike not the best way to finish his campaign but the man he is managed to get back to Ashfield with tears in his eyes when the fans started shouting his name

Coming from an Eastbourne fan and I know he thinks Eastbourne fans hate him, it's a real shame his season has ended this way. He is a success story of British speedway of a different kind as he didn't start when he was 5. I hope he recovers quickly and although I know it will never ever happen I would like to see him in an Eagles jacket next season!
  • Like 1

Coming from an Eastbourne fan and I know he thinks Eastbourne fans hate him, it's a real shame his season has ended this way. He is a success story of British speedway of a different kind as he didn't start when he was 5. I hope he recovers quickly and although I know it will never ever happen I would like to see him in an Eagles jacket next season!

I think like you he's a terrific rider, do you or anyone know why he gets booed when he rides at Eastie? Did something happen in the past, or is it the Nicki Pedersen pantomime effect, boo him until he rides for you!

Edited by gazzac

I think like you he's a terrific rider, do you or anyone know why he gets booed when he rides at Eastie? Did something happen in the past, or is it the Nicki Pedersen pantomime effect, boo him until he rides for you!

I'd say that it's the pantomime effect, he acts up to the crowd and we've got clusters of fans, mainly on the home straight who will act up back. I do though remember last season in the KO cup final he was riding for Cradley and had a crash/ knocked off owen. I was round by the pits and to say the least there were words exchanged between fans and his mechanic and him not pleasant ones at that.

Echo that. Most Eastbourne fans agree he's a really good rider. The fact he acts up and is a Kent rider generates the boos etc but it's in good spirit, very similar to the Nicki effect with other clubs.

It was particularly amusing during the k.o cup final with Cradley when he was waving to everyone after being heckled then promptly fell off his bike.

Gonna agree with the above.

I am an Eastbourne fan and would be delighted if he signed for us. Not only is he an entertaining rider but a lovely guy to speak to as well.

It is just the home straight fans that give him stick and the main reason is just whats said before, he play to it. I reckon he loves it as much as they do.

It will be the Danny Ayres Appreciation Society next.

He's good value as a rider and top value as an entertainer. More of that type, please.

Gonna agree with the above.

I am an Eastbourne fan and would be delighted if he signed for us. Not only is he an entertaining rider but a lovely guy to speak to as well.

It is just the home straight fans that give him stick and the main reason is just whats said before, he play to it. I reckon he loves it as much as they do.

I watch on the home straight and it's not me! Do think it has a knock on effect though, one or too start which gets the rest going.

All ok if there's no nastiness attached.

Its got to be said that 99% of the Eastbourne supporters are excellent. Make plenty of noise, travel in good numbers and can appreciate when their riders have been bettered. However there are always a few that spit pure bile & disgusting language/insults at opposing riders but these blinkered individuals are not worthy of being classed as fans.

• Like 2

Real shame for Danny Ayres I hope he recovers well. I too think he's such a great character to have around in the sport. As for the Eastbourne fans booing him, I seem to remember them booing Mr Perks not too long ago & look where he is now! Come on great guns this year. Yes would be such fun to have Danny in an Eagles race jacket :)

Its got to be said that 99% of the Eastbourne supporters are excellent. Make plenty of noise, travel in good numbers and can appreciate when their riders have been bettered. However there are always a few that spit pure bile & disgusting language/insults at opposing riders but these blinkered individuals are not worthy of being classed as fans.

Echo this....."my" team is now well finished for the Season, so I thought I would take my Dad (an Eastbourne supporter since 1952!) down with the rest of the family to catch this match. We stood near the start line and got a load of verbal abuse and ridiculous behaviour going to the car after the match from prats who obviously thought we were Brummy fans even though we were supporting Eagles !

These plebbs don't deserve to call themselves Eastbourne fans and I doubt we will be going back which only hurts the Clubs profits in the end. Its a shame because we've probably supported this Club for over 80 Years between the four of us..so who are the real fans ??

We all like to support our Team and noise and banter creates a great atmosphere, but this goes beyond reasonable behaviour....

• Like 1